talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Internazionale - Serie A Champions 2020/21

First Serie A title since the treble winning side of 2009/10, and breaking almost a decade of Juventus dominance. Conte delivers what he has been (handsomely) paid for.

A lot of uncertainty for the club in the very near future, but at least have some silverware to show for the heavy investment.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Love that they've broken the Juve dominance. 

My liking for them decreased hugely for their backing of the ESL but still, their chairman is probably less of a cunt than Juve's. Happy for the players. 

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Allegri was better at Juve than Conte.

True but Conte put some strong foundations in place - the Chiellini-Bonucci-Barzagli back three, Pirlo sitting behind Vidal and Pogba, and the Tevez-Llorente partnership. Allegri added more variations but those basic elements had Juve well set-up to keep winning the league for years.

Conte is just terrible in Europe for some reason. 

11 hours ago, Inverted said:

True but Conte put some strong foundations in place - the Chiellini-Bonucci-Barzagli back three, Pirlo sitting behind Vidal and Pogba, and the Tevez-Llorente partnership. Allegri added more variations but those basic elements had Juve well set-up to keep winning the league for years.

Conte is just terrible in Europe for some reason. 

Don't get me wrong, Conte is an amazing coach that deserves every praise he gets but I think Allegri is equally as talented but flies under the radar somewhat.

Conte struggles with balancing more than one competition, hence his poor record in cups.  We won the FA Cup, although an extremely easy route to the final, because the main focus was shifted there when Top 4 wasn't achievable and we were knocked out of the Champions league. 

As a coach, Conte for me is arguably the best in Europe not named Pep or Klopp. 

Archived