talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Spanish GP - 7th-9th May

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Red Bull could have tried to pit Max for his 2nd stop as soon as the window for softs to last until the end opened. Would have come out some 15-17 seconds behind Lewis, but on a fresh and softer compound, and with around 15 laps still to go, it could have been interesting. Probably still wouldn't have made it, but was at least worth a try instead of hoping for a safety car or a miracle to happen.

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Red Bull could have tried to pit Max for his 2nd stop as soon as the window for softs to last until the end opened. Would have come out some 15-17 seconds behind Lewis, but on a fresh and softer compound, and with around 15 laps still to go, it could have been interesting. Probably still wouldn't have made it, but was at least worth a try instead of hoping for a safety car or a miracle to happen.

Would have been interesting to see If LEwis overtook Max without the second pit-stop?

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Would have been interesting to see If LEwis overtook Max without the second pit-stop?

You mean if they both stayed out and went with 1 stop strategy? Hard to tell; Barcelona is a shite track, and Max managed to keep Lewis behind before that, but I think in the end, Mercedes had better pace and less tyre wear, so probably yes...

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. But that sounds like a guy with nothing to lose? Maybe he already knows that he has no future at Mercedes? :35_thinking:

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. But that sounds like a guy with nothing to lose? Maybe he already knows that he has no future at Mercedes? :35_thinking:

Think everyone knows that seat is George's, including Bottas.

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Think everyone knows that seat is George's, including Bottas.

I hope Lewis doesn't retire before George gets promoted. :27_sunglasses:

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Don't think you're reading too much in to it at all.

Seems like he's in it just for himself really and in his position, who would blame him? 

I heard the radio message that Mick was worried about his crew after his last pit-stop. They didn't even show it on TV. 

Here's what happened:

https://streamable.com/ilfxq2

I imagined something more dramatic after Mick sounded so concerned. But it's so wholesome that the jack man immediately nodded and gave him the thumbs up to show Mick that he's okay. Also it shows that Mick is a good kid that he was so concerned. Even though Haas are slow as shit, I think he's in safe hands with them. Seems like a really nice and caring team. :) 

Another incident that I can't wait to see on Drive to Survive. Will Buxton making out that the inner team rivalry between Schumacher and Mazepin is so fierce that they're taking their anger out on the pit crew. 

7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Another incident that I can't wait to see on Drive to Survive. Will Buxton making out that the inner team rivalry between Schumacher and Mazepin is so fierce that they're taking their anger out on the pit crew. 

Tire screech and explosion sound as he hits the jack man. Screen fades to black. "Is everyone ok?". After 5 seconds Will Buxton comes on: "Pit stops.... *clicks tongue* are dangerous.... and sometimes they can go VERY wrong". Screen fades back to black again....ten seconds pass "Yes, everyone is okay". 

52 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Am glad he never let him throught .

• The topic was unpinned

Archived