talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea (3) 2-0 (1) Real Madrid - Wednesday 5th May, 2021 (2nd Leg)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2009 vibes this. No idea what our approach will be but incredible we have gone this far. Been ages. 

Kovacic out for us. 

Varane and Carvajal out for Real.

Mendy
Christensen - Silva - Rüdiger
Azpi - Kante - Jorginho - Chilwell
Mount - Pulisic
Havertz

I think Real Madrid changed and adapted to us midway through the 1st leg and they looked more comfortable when playing deeper and looking for the counter. It also helped stifle a lot of our threat. I imagine Real Madrid will be a lot better tactically this time after the lessons of the first. Going to be tough. Very nervous!

53 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Real Madrid: Courtois, Nacho, Ramos, Militao, Mendy, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Vinicius Jr, Benzema, Hazard

I've been watching some La Liga lately and Hazard has been playing superbly. Some say this is the best Hazard since his Chelsea days. Does that concern you?

Tbf he only played 3 games since his comeback....

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Commentator on BT Sport just said 'if Hazard is back to his best then I'm not sure about Christensen and Azpilicueta'  :dam:

He meant Chilwell, not Azpi, I'm sure. "Chilwell" and "Azpilicueta" are such similar names.

Edit: He actually has point?

Chelsea have played very well so far and they should be really encouraged by their start. The pace that they have in their team, is clearly going to be a big issue for Real Madrid tonight.

For all the money Real Madrid has spent over the years, they don't really have a good option for the right-wing. 

Vinícius, Hazard and Rodrygo all play better on the left. 

Chilwell is doing to explore the spaces in that flank.

• The title was changed to Chelsea (2) 1-0 (1) Real Madrid - Wednesday 5th May, 2021 (2nd Leg)

This was beautiful from Kanté, Havertz and Werner. 

Also, this is why good goalkeeping and size are so important. That Mendy save is huge. Game-changer. IMO Big teams like Chelsea shouldn't sign goalkeepers under 1,85m. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

For FUCKS SAKE, my stream stutters and then the next image I see is Werner celebrating the goal.

Only Premium Members can see the real Werner!

• The title was changed to Chelsea (3) 2-0 (1) Real Madrid - Wednesday 5th May, 2021 (2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived