talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea (3) 2-0 (1) Real Madrid - Wednesday 5th May, 2021 (2nd Leg)

• Administrator
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

This was beautiful from Kanté, Havertz and Werner. 

Also, this is why good goalkeeping and size are so important. That Mendy save is huge. Game-changer. IMO Big teams like Chelsea shouldn't sign goalkeepers under 1,85m. 

In the context of the game it's actually massive. A quality save in its own right but given Chelsea scored so quickly after it holds more importance.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annoys me this, United have competed in the Champions league for the majority of my life and we never get close to making a final whilst being bang average. 

Chelsea have won when in crisis and are on the verge of making another final against a team with zero experience of a Champions league final. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's actually an absolute ripoff to get the CL matches live in the US, I support Cap'n @Spike taking to the high seas and being a pirate on this

Who said anything about piracy!? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's actually an absolute ripoff to get the CL matches live in the US, I support Cap'n @Spike taking to the high seas and being a pirate on this

tenor.png

Just now, Spike said:

Who said anything about piracy!? :ph34r:

I didn't mean illegally watching the match...

...heavens no, I would never encourage imaging such a thing.

I'm talking about how you're assembling a crew to actually go become pirates - and that crew will use the plunder to split the costs of legitimately buying Paramount+ or whatever the fuck extra service is needed to watch it

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Mendy is having a very good match so far, he has a real presence and is capable of some great saves.

His story still amazes me. Wasn't he basically unemployed applying for benefits in 2013 or 14? 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

They keep giving to whoever the fuck number 20 is and all he does is try to dribble a few fancy tricks and then passes it backwards.

Vinicius.

He had the better of Chilwell for all of 5 mins and is now irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

His story still amazes me. Wasn't he basically unemployed applying for benefits in 2013 or 14? 

Not sure, but if that's the case, then it's quite remarkable what he is achieving with Chelsea. However, he is clearly a late developer, as prior to Chelsea signing him last summer, he had only ever played 2 seasons in the French top flight. But now at the age of 29, he is playing at the highest level possible. It's an incredible upturn of fortune in his career that he has had. :congrats:

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

They keep giving to whoever the fuck number 20 is and all he does is try to dribble a few fancy tricks and then passes it backwards.

It's Vinícius. He never plays well on the right. Strange decision from Zidane. Asensio would have been a better option.

Given how little Hazard has contributed, I'd consider subbing him off for Asensio and move Vinícius to the left, his natural position. 

It's Vinícius. He never plays well on the right. Strange decision from Zidane. Asensio would have been a better option.

Given how little Hazard has contributed, I'd consider subbing him off for Asensio and move Vinícius to the left, his natural position. 

What happened to Rodrygo

Hazard did contribute very little indeed. Chelsea are defending really well. Hazard only gets to touch the ball in the most uncomfortable positions. I'm not sure whether anybody would do much better in his position. Maybe Real need to attack differently.

Happy to be leading but again thought we were wasteful in our decision making. Mount ignored a brilliant set back to Havertz and vice versa minutes later. This issue genuinely needs the most work for next season. 

Need to be wary of the middle. Feel like its been very open and are fortunate Kroos and Modric were limited in their chances to shoot. Kovacic out still a massive blow for us. 

17 minutes ago, Michael said:

Not sure, but if that's the case, then it's quite remarkable what he is achieving with Chelsea. However, he is clearly a late developer, as prior to Chelsea signing him last summer, he had only ever played 2 seasons in the French top flight. But now at the age of 29, he is playing at the highest level possible. It's an incredible upturn of fortune in his career that he has had. :congrats:

Yea, I read his story some time ago and just checked his Wikipedia. He was without a club and actually received unemployment benefits back then. Quite a turnaround. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Happy to be leading but again thought we were wasteful in our decision making. Mount ignored a brilliant set back to Havertz and vice versa minutes later. This issue genuinely needs the most work for next season. 

Need to be wary of the middle. Feel like its been very open and are fortunate Kroos and Modric were limited in their chances to shoot. Kovacic out still a massive blow for us. 

Do you think it's an ego problem?

• The title was changed to Chelsea (3) 2-0 (1) Real Madrid - Wednesday 5th May, 2021 (2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived