talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2020/21 - Arsenal (1) 0-0 (2) Villarreal - Thursday 6th May, 2021 (2nd Leg)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Villarreal keeper looks dodgy from crosses. Hesitant to come off his line and when he has, the punches have been weak.

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Dani Parejo is the most underrated midfielder of our lifetime in my opinion. Shame he was competing with the golden generation during his prime. 

Really enjoyed him over the 2 legs so far, such a technician and a very intelligent player. 

• Administrator

Moreno should have done loads better with that chance. Shame Chukweze went off. Game has worked out to be perfect to hit Arsenal on the counter as they chase the game a tad more desperately now...

We have been absolutely dreadful in this knockout run bar that away performance against Slavia. Still reckon we'll nick it here, Arteta just seems to always get out of trouble.

Aubameyang missing a sitter as I type this. xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

We have been absolutely dreadful in this knockout run bar that away performance against Slavia. Still reckon we'll nick it here, Arteta just seems to always get out of trouble.

Aubameyang missing a sitter as I type this. xD

Not sure that was a sitter!

• The title was changed to Europa League 2020/21 - Arsenal (1) 0-0 (2) Villarreal - Thursday 6th May, 2021 (2nd Leg)
2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Coquelin masterclass, Arteta has to be finished now. Embarrassing season, and an embarrassing manager. 

GET ALLEGRI. 

Imagine had you sacked him when we sacked Lampard. You lot literally wasted this 2nd half of the season and @LFCMadLad had the audacity to criiticise my suggestion. Look where its gotten Arsenal now and look where its gotten us. 

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

Coquelin masterclass, Arteta has to be finished now. Embarrassing season, and an embarrassing manager. 

Looking from afar, Arteta seems to have an air of confidence in his own skills as a coach that borders arrogance.

My impression is that he rates his ability as a coach more than he does the ability of his own players. 

My judgement could be totally wrong and unfair to Arteta but this is the impression I have. 

Bad decisions made by Arteta throughout the game just like it's been throughout the season. All he's done is isolate players to make himself look like a strict manager rather than actually doing anything to be seen as a good manager.

The FA Cup win was great and he might become a better manager in the future but right now, it really isn't working.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

GET ALLEGRI. 

Imagine had you sacked him when we sacked Lampard. You lot literally wasted this 2nd half of the season and @LFCMadLad had the audacity to criiticise my suggestion. Look where its gotten Arsenal now and look where its gotten us. 

Exactly both Arteta and Lampard were clearly out of their depth, spot on decision again by Chelsea. I'd take anyone decent at this point. 

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Looking from afar, Arteta seems to have an air of confidence in his own skills as a coach that borders arrogance.

My impression is that he rates his ability as a coach more than he does the ability of his own players. 

My judgement could be totally wrong and unfair to Arteta but this is the impression I have. 

He is extremely arrogant, you can tell there is chemistry issues with the players and him. Had so much smoke blown up his arse for doing nothing. The two FA Cup games last season has been the only decent part of his reign. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived