talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2020/21 - 8-9th May, 2021

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall a good win against Bristol City.

Toney breaks the record, 2 other forwards score, no injuries, no red cards, good momentum for the play-offs. Something we lacked last season

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Don't blame us. Rotherham's piss poor finishing cost them. :(

I will blame Cardiff. No need for you to equalise at all :ph34r:

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Derby County just stay up.

I don't think this is the end of this mental story though.

Nope. They're terrible, in a financial mess, looking like another takeover is about to fall through (could've been hinging on today to be fair), have a manager out of his depth, there's no Wycombe next year, no 6 points docked Sheffield Wednesday.

They're very much a contender to go down next year.

Any other season they would have dropped. What a great escape by Derby...

20210508_144150.thumb.jpg.70148acbf2e461d175197a0306eb840f.jpg

How can you survive with one win in the last FIFTEEN? That's unbelievable jam. I'm sure there is relief but let's be frank, I'd be embarrassed celebrating after that.

Feel bad for Rotherham, they have had plenty of chances. I don't think it's helped they have had to cram in 8-10 games in about 4 weeks but still, they had it in their hands today.

Wycombe finished the season so strong. They will kick themselves too for leaving it so late. That would have been the real fairytale, one more round of games and they probably would have...

No sympathy for Wednesday. Badly run, terrible team, terrible football (Step up Garry Monk, Pulis) and rightfully dropped after their points deduction.

32 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Any other season they would have dropped. What a great escape by Derby...

20210508_144150.thumb.jpg.70148acbf2e461d175197a0306eb840f.jpg

How can you survive with one win in the last FIFTEEN? That's unbelievable jam. I'm sure there is relief but let's be frank, I'd be embarrassed celebrating after that.

Feel bad for Rotherham, they have had plenty of chances. I don't think it's helped they have had to cram in 8-10 games in about 4 weeks but still, they had it in their hands today.

Wycombe finished the season so strong. They will kick themselves too for leaving it so late. That would have been the real fairytale, one more round of games and they probably would have...

No sympathy for Wednesday. Badly run, terrible team, terrible football (Step up Garry Monk, Pulis) and rightfully dropped after their points deduction.

Yeah, when Waghorn was giving it "this is what you play football for" I did wince. No way should a team like Derby County collapse just because of an injury to one player (Bielik).

Re. Wycombe. I remember them having some horrendous refereeing decisions go against them at the beginning of the season. Makes you realise how well they've done to get the points total they did as they always looked out their depth.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah, when Waghorn was giving it "this is what you play football for" I did wince. No way should a team like Derby County collapse just because of an injury to one player (Bielik).

Re. Wycombe. I remember them having some horrendous refereeing decisions go against them at the beginning of the season. Makes you realise how well they've done to get the points total they did as they always looked out their depth.

I think they can come out of this with tremendous credit. Everyone pretty much tipped them for 24th, and it looked ominous with 7 straight losses at the start, but they have eventually finished 22nd and a point off Derby and can hold their heads high.

They have a good team spirit there, they'll want to keep Ainsworth and with minimal changes this season, they should be set for a decent season next year.

• The topic was unpinned

Portsmouth fans must be in absolute meltdown.

18/19 - Playoffs, lose to Sunderland

19/20 - Playoffs, lose to Oxford

20/21 - 7th, spectacular collapse considering they were top at one stage.

At least they have sacked Jackett off but pressure will already be on Cowley next season now he's taken them out the playoffs.

Archived