talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Index Hope to Relaunch for Next Season

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, I never did FI as I thought it would end up being a scam - but for those that are active surely the trust has gone? Who in their right mind would pump any cash into this company?

• Administrator

There can be absolutely zero trust in investing in Football Index, it has suffered irreparable brand damage. You have to question the sense of why they have brought this back or are trying to. 

9 hours ago, Batard said:

There can be absolutely zero trust in investing in Football Index, it has suffered irreparable brand damage. You have to question the sense of why they have brought this back or are trying to. 

I don't even know if you can call it "investing" with Football Index. As someone who never used it, but was interested for a bit... to me it always looked a bit like sports gambling - but dressed up to look like a stock market. Which makes people feel like they're investing. There's other companies out there that do the same thing in reverse, apps that exist to make investing in the stock market look like gambling.

And I get there's a lot of people who think that trading stocks is a form of gambling... and it's a fair point in some instances. But I don't think when you're throwing money onto the NYSE or FTSE you're expecting them to suddenly change the rules on how stock prices are valued. Even with normal bookies, you're not expecting them to fuck with the bets you've already made.

I think they exploited a lot of people: people who weren't so interested in gambling, but thinking it was more of a way to invest... but the knowledge you needed to make a good investment was with football. And I think they also appealed to gamblers by making it look like a way to make calculated decisions on bets.

But yeah, I think they've got a completely tainted brand... and other than gamblers with the most severe of gambling addictions, I can't see why anyone would give them a second chance. Or start using with all of the knowledge about them. I wouldn't be surprised to see that they've got a lot of data saying that people are hooked to be able to spin a profit and won't care about whether or not they're well trusted.

10 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Again, I never did FI as I thought it would end up being a scam - but for those that are active surely the trust has gone? Who in their right mind would pump any cash into this company?

Nobody. Absolutely Nobody. I understand the administrators role is to ensure the company survives in some format but the arrogance of people within the management structure to think they'll be able to start again with all bets being void is quite frankly astonishing. There's an inquiry in to how the company failed for crying out loud.

I may have misunderstood this, but will the customers who lost thousands upon thousands will be issued a refund? Or will it just be a case of the little man gets parred off? Football Index were very quick to stop issuing updates and helping their clients out when the shit hit the fan (literally) but now that its owners are being forced to own up they're trying to adopt a caring persona? No thanks... as many will say to this once they've received what they're entitled to... fuck off...

Hahaha. I shouldn’t laugh because people are out of pocket and people have suffered, I’m not laughing at that anyway, I’m laughing at the audacity of that statement, effectively wiping everyone’s accounts and hoping they’ll come back. It could have worked, maybe in a different format, under different owners but this simply won’t work. 

On 05/05/2021 at 22:24, Robbie said:

I may have misunderstood this, but will the customers who lost thousands upon thousands will be issued a refund? Or will it just be a case of the little man gets parred off? 

Just a we're sorry and all bets are wiped. It's astonishing.

Archived