talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

First Scary Movie You Watched?

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Lies Beneath (2000), was my first. I was 7 at the time, my parents kinda' knew that I could tell the difference between reality and fiction so I watched it with them. I remember being freaked out at a scene when I (believe) she looks into the bathtub and sees the ghost instead of her reflection. But yeah, that was my first horror movie. 

I was only about ten years old yet my sister thought it was a good idea to let me watch this and I think I struggled to sleep without the light on for about two years after. 

• The title was changed to First Scary Movie You Watched?
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil said:

That's the most 80's horror movie ever!!

I do miss the days where the trailer was narrated.

Remember the mask he tries on lol.

Just now, MUFC said:

Remember the mask lol.

Jim Carry movie? 

Weirdly enough I made my kids watch that the other week. Can't believe I found Jim Carry so funny as a kid. 

Pet detective is pathetic if you watch it now. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

What Lies Beneath (2000), was my first. I was 7 at the time, my parents kinda' knew that I could tell the difference between reality and fiction so I watched it with them. I remember being freaked out at a scene when I (believe) she looks into the bathtub and sees the ghost instead of her reflection. But yeah, that was my first horror movie. 

This has aged well in my opinion. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Devil said:

Jim Carry movie? 

Weirdly enough I made my kids watch that the other week. Can't believe I found Jim Carry so funny as a kid. 

Pet detective is pathetic if you watch it now. 

The mask in the Demons movie lol.

4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

The mask in the Demons movie lol.

Sorry mate 😂

I haven't actually watched it I'm generalising from the corny trailer. 

Did the whole movie take place in a shitty cinema? 

• Subscriber

I am too old to remember scary movies as in my days it was pretty strict viewing wise for children at a young age and the first b&w tv we got was in the early '50s and I was normally in bed by six. 

Trying to remember back and I must have been 13/14 then but saw a lot of Boris Karloff movies and although my sisters were spooked out watching them I just laughed at them.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I am too old to remember scary movies as in my days it was pretty strict viewing wise for children at a young age and the first b&w tv we got was in the early '50s and I was normally in bed by six. 

Trying to remember back and I must have been 13/14 then but saw a lot of Boris Karloff movies and although my sisters were spooked out watching them I just laughed at them.

Nothing in the 70s? What about the Exorcist? 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Devil said:

Sorry mate 😂

I haven't actually watched it I'm generalising from the corny trailer. 

Did the whole movie take place in a shitty cinema? 

It's really good worth a watch.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Nothing in the 70s? What about the Exorcist? 

In the '70s in Aussie land horror movies were only allowed in the cinema and not on tv and they had the no under 18 rule, although I was over 18 then I never bothered going to the cinema to watch scary movies it was more like watching war films etc, only later on in years where the video recorder came on the market and the likes of Blockbusters to rent then from I watched the likes of Exorcist etc.

I remember as a kid being allowed up late after my sisters went to bed and could watch the late night Hammer Horror films so I have had a steady diet of Horror through the ages but the first one that creeped me out a a bit was called Trilogy of Terror back in the 70's and one short had this voodoo doll about 12 inches high and the legend was that if the chain around it's waist ever came off then the evil spirit inside would be unleashed and when this bloke picked it up and put it back down the chain fell off... Suffice to say this little 12 inch terror pursued this woman round the house with a knife trying to kill her.... At the end I thought fuck that!! xD 

Great for it's time... 

See the source image

See the source image

• Subscriber

One of the more mainstream horror movies that I remember watching as a kid was Child's Play...  The one with that stupid Chucky doll. Was so scared of it back then xD 

The other one I remember from early on was Leprechaun.

Oh and this was class:

MV5BM2M3YWRkN2MtZDg5OC00NmRmLTliNzctMTBk

I watched so many horror movies and programmes as a kid, and then turned into a complete wuss later on xD

• Subscriber

I can remember letting our son & daughter when they were around 5 ish and I let them watch Jaws when they played that music with jaws ready to attack I remember our daughter hiding her eyes and our son with his mouth wide open inching backwards up the sofa to an upright position, I laughed my arse off.

About 2 years later we were on holiday on the Isle of Bute in Scotland and up the beach, the kids then we're in the water splashing around and the wife was calling for them to come out now as we were going back to the hotel, they ignored her so I cupped my hands over my mouth and let out the jaws music sound of 'DOO DAA DOO DAA...' I have never seen them move so fast out of the water.:4_joy:

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, nudge said:

One of the more mainstream horror movies that I remember watching as a kid was Child's Play...  The one with that stupid Chucky doll. Was so scared of it back then xD 

The other one I remember from early on was Leprechaun.

Oh and this was class:

MV5BM2M3YWRkN2MtZDg5OC00NmRmLTliNzctMTBk

I watched so many horror movies and programmes as a kid, and then turned into a complete wuss later on xD

Never seen Childs play or Pet Cemetary.

• Subscriber

The Pet Cemetary remake was actually pretty good a few years back.

Scream 1 scared the bejesus out of me as a kid, that was probably the first but the one that scared me the most was definitely Event Horizon....god damn love that movie though. 

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The Pet Cemetary remake was actually pretty good a few years back.

Scream 1 scared the bejesus out of me as a kid, that was probably the first but the one that scared me the most was definitely Event Horizon....god damn love that movie though. 

The First Omen scared me big time. I watched the first Scream at the cinema. The stabbing scene near the end in the kitchen went through me lol.

Archived