talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Grimsby Takeover Complete

• Subscriber

Didn't know where else to put this but I am so happy that we've had our takeover confirmed and completed just now. This is the beginning of a much brighter future for us. We begin it in the National League but with the new owners, who are Grimsby fans themselves, we can finally be optimistic and not live in fear of what our incompetent board are going to do next.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Hopefully it's a case of one step back two steps forwards. A chance to press the reset button and build accordingly. 

I'd like to think so! The new owners are already worlds apart from the previous regime. They've been on fan podcasts, they're active on Twitter and they seem really keen on getting the fans involved. 

On 05/05/2021 at 23:22, Pyfish said:

I'd like to think so! The new owners are already worlds apart from the previous regime. They've been on fan podcasts, they're active on Twitter and they seem really keen on getting the fans involved. 

When talking about the previous regime, Lee Croft used the analogy "The fish rots from the head" which I thought given what Grimsby is famous for was brilliant.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

When talking about the previous regime, Lee Croft used the analogy "The fish rots from the head" which I thought given what Grimsby is famous for was brilliant.

Rotting heads?

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't eat fish because Im concerned of what the people of Grimsby have done to it.

And you are right to be cautious!

Archived