talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-2 Chelsea - Saturday 8th May, 2021

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to enjoy hearing the penalty narrative when City should’ve been playing with 10 men for 90 minutes. 

Incredible mental edge gained. A draw would’ve been sweet, but a win is incredible. 

Must of been all them blue flairs from the fans outside the put them off. 😂

Only thing I worry about now is City will be due a result against Chelsea.... 

I just wish that was next season!! 

Tuchel has to win coach of the season. What he’s done there is fantastic, as much as I hate to say it. 

This result all but ends our chances for 4th. Hopefully it’s the same result in the Final. Fucking City, pricks. 

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

Werner has been amazing last few months and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Still got the biggest games and crunch time to come though, let's see what happens with him and everyone involved with the club.

I think people are hung up on his goal scoring but he works hard with his running and he does create chances for others... 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Tuchel has to win coach of the season. What he’s done there is fantastic, as much as I hate to say it. 

This result all but ends our chances for 4th. Hopefully it’s the same result in the Final. Fucking City, pricks. 

Media will give it to Bielsa.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I think people are hung up on his goal scoring but he works hard with his running and he does create chances for others... 

He's frustrated the hell out of me at times this season but he's come along way since being stuck out on the left with Lampard. Again as I say always, he suits certain conditions and circumstances but if you look at what he does off the ball, his one of our biggest threats and Pep hasn't been able to deal with him at all.

The final is another game though, it will be a lot more difficult for us.

I thought Aguero lost his head, actually.

He should have scored City's first goal but his terrible touch caused Sterling to take it, which was absolutely right on Sterling's part. Sterling made a joke after and Aguero was clearly not seeing the funny side.

I think he tried to make a point with the penalty, to do it in style because he was annoyed at losing the attention of scoring and just utterly made a hash of it. 

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Should be Moyes I think. Sure, Tuchel has turned it around, but it’s not like he doesn’t have several world class players at his disposal.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Should be Moyes I think. Sure, Tuchel has turned it around, but it’s not like he doesn’t have several world class players at his disposal.

And? Moyes has Lingardinho. 

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

He's frustrated the hell out of me at times this season but he's come along way since being stuck out on the left with Lampard.

If you compare him to Morata for example there is a world of difference in the attitude for starters... When Morata wasn't doing well he went into a bit of a downer and it affected his game in other areas, with Werner he doesn't let his goal scoring performance affect the rest of his game, If he can't hit the back of the net he is still grafting hard for the team and he does have frightening pace which defences simply can't ignore.. It's his first season so he is still adjusting to our game over here so I say run with it and see how he does next season 

Just now, Cicero said:

So add KDB and Maghrez? The same team we beat in the semi final?

No, add De Bruyne, Walker, Mahrez, Stones, Bernardo, Foden, Gundogan, so 7 players short of our most inform team right now, you could even include Fernandinho too

Just now, Happy Blue said:

No, add De Bruyne, Walker, Mahrez, Stones, Bernardo, Foden, Gundogan, so 7 players short of our most inform team right now, you could even include Fernandinho too

The final will be a different game altogether... both sides will be giving it their all 

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Our 1st team will be too much for Chelsea B|

You keep saying this as if Chelsea weren’t missing half of the team as well. Started a 19 year old with less than 15 games

• The title was changed to Man City 1-2 Chelsea - Saturday 8th May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived