talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final Moved To Porto

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sky employees showing their contempt for football supporters just three weeks after expressing their outrage at the way football supporters were being treated by the greedy six.

He’s a fucking embarrassment. His faux outrage the other week was utter cringe.

Surely if you're Istanbul you don't even want it? They deferred it last year and I can't imagine they'd reject the chance to do again this year. Even if they have fans in the stadium, it won't be full capacity and you won't have the mass of people travelling without tickets just to be in the city and go to the bars, restaurants, etc.. If vaccine rollouts continue successfully in Europe it'll be immeasurably better for them to have it next year.

I just don't understand the logic behind not moving it

7 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Surely if you're Istanbul you don't even want it? They deferred it last year and I can't imagine they'd reject the chance to do again this year. Even if they have fans in the stadium, it won't be full capacity and you won't have the mass of people travelling without tickets just to be in the city and go to the bars, restaurants, etc.. If vaccine rollouts continue successfully in Europe it'll be immeasurably better for them to have it next year.

I just don't understand the logic behind not moving it

This.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Looks like it will be moved to Wembley. Correct decision. 

Right to play in England, Birmingham (Villa Park) would have been nice for Manchester City and their supporters though.

• Administrator

Would the playoff final that day be moved? Usually at Wembley. Played at Old Trafford in the past I think.

I know they don't sell out Wembley but it's a pretty special occasion for those players. Hardly like it's going to be allowed to sell out anyway this season. 

Better off in Midlands I'd say. Villa Park the best option. 

After all that Super Club bollocks I'd make them host the final at a right shithole, like Blackpool.

It's what they deserve. Just to bring them back down to earth. Somewhere in the arsehole of England to make them realise never turn your back on us again lads.

The smell of Jagerbomb and sick after a cheap night out, the whiff of the greasy chip vans, donkey's on the beach, bingo, blokes wearing England bucket hat's and sleeveless vests, and big birds with tiny thongs, three teeth and a million tattoo's. Oh, and Carling on tap.

Plus I hope it rains.

Don't ever forget your roots, lads.

They should have just done it at Wembley. Now two English teams have to travel to Portugal. Uneccessary higher travel costs and traveling through Europe in times of a  pandemic when you could have done it around the corner. Silly. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They should have just done it at Wembley. Now two English teams have to travel to Portugal. Uneccessary higher travel costs and traveling through Europe in times of a  pandemic when you could have done it around the corner. Silly. 

I think Wembley became less of an option because the corporates couldn't get there without quarantining first at further expense. Money talks. 

• The title was changed to Champions League Final Moved To Porto

Archived