talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship 2020/21 - Play-offs

Championship Play-offs  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Championship Play-offs?

• Brentford
    • Bournemouth
    • Swansea
    • Barnsley

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/21 at 17:00

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
49 minutes ago, Danny said:

Doncaster, a day before your play-off with Watford

Oh yeah. 

Good luck in the final if it's against Swansea. 

But not if it's Barnsley. 

That match was something else honestly, it's very easy to build up these cheap rivalries in the Championship that don't really last or don't have the magnitude as a derby. Leeds tried to have one with us, we've been involved with back and forwards with Swansea fans, I'm sure after the first leg there would have been a lot of social media "banter" between the clubs with what spills out as an internet rivalry. I don't hold anything against Bournemouth and feel sorry for their fans, to lose in the play-offs is a big pain. Especially when they were 2-0 up on aggregate, I thought there'd be no way back at that point, thought we had fluffed it.

But the difference in our performances in both legs is notable, Bournemouth are essentially a team with a group of individuals who should be in the Prem but aren't. We are a collective with more players not on the level of your David Brooks, Danjuma's etc, but they work hard for each other and know how to win in this league. We should have had 2 penalties on top of what we achieved already in over these ties, complete deserved winners. Unlucky for Bournemouth that they suffered the injury that meant Mepham would play, but we've had an injury list as long as our arm this season. We were aggressive from the first minute and it showed with Mepham getting sent off, the penalty was a handball clear as day and I'm still baffled as to how pundits don't think it is. Marcus Forss' goal was well deserved for a man who hasn't had a lot of game time this season and what a hit from Janelt.

Mathias Jensen does go in and out of games but today he was phenomenal, controlled the game and his passing was just outstanding.

Biggest win of today is that despite the multiple yellow cards shown we don't have anyone on a red, just need to see what happens with Rico and what happens with Norgaard ahead of the final.

Genuinely couldn't tell you who I'd rather win the second play off later on, but this team took a beating last year and have come back fighting until the end, in good form and a goods mentality.

Hopefully Brenjford can step up again and put in another performance like that. As soon as Mepham went off, you knew it was a matter of time before the second and third went in. 

One thing that is weird is that I've just seen a video of our Toney goal celebration and I just can't wait for Covid to be over. You know people want to pile forward but also you have to respect social distancing...physically see people celebrating in a way where they don't know what to do with themselves.

That’s us and Swansea in the final isn’t it? Barnsley run out of steam seemingly, no real ideas up top.

Apparently Woodgate and Begovic are blaming the ref for the loss, no mention of our two penalties that weren’t awarded though

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

That’s us and Swansea in the final isn’t it? Barnsley run out of steam seemingly, no real ideas up top.

Apparently Woodgate and Begovic are blaming the ref for the loss, no mention of our two penalties that weren’t awarded though

It will be interesting to see how the change of 3 subs from 5 subs impacts on Barnsley's form next season.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

It will be interesting to see how the change of 3 subs from 5 subs impacts on Barnsley's form next season.

Their form has relied heavily on it, they will need better players next season if they are to sustain these levels of performance.

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Brentford smash them please. 

I can only hope

So it begins. Who will have the testicular fortitude to win this?

Will Brentford finally make it to the prem, or will they choke at the final hurdle for the second successive season? 

Will Swansea and the caravan bridgade make it back to the prem via a 95th minute dive, or will Brentford have too much for them? 

All may be revealed in about 2 hours time. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived