talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2017/18: Build-Up

football forum

I genuinely believe that all three could stay up. Huddersfield will battle hard and stay up by the skin of their teeth, Newcastle are back up for the long haul and anything could happen with Brighton. I can't say I fancy them.

I predict that Watford and Swansea will go down based on this season unless they up their games.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Clement won't be a long lasting success at Swansea I don't think.

Swansea, Watford, Palace, Leicester, Burnley, Bournemouth, West Ham & Stoke have all just hovered this season really and could easily be dragged down if they have a poor summer. 

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I think signing Marco Silva alone will keep them up. Despite being relegated with Hull he's proven himself to be a great set of hands, had he been there from the start they'd be playing top flight football still. 

Silva is undoubtedly a more than capable manager to take them forward but think about Watford's record. Should he be faced with a premature exit Watford could easily slip back into the Championship.

• Subscriber

Think Newcastle are destined for the drop again - proper yo yo club. 6 points from us but not too sure where the other points will come from.

Brighton should be fine with a bit of investment. 

Huddersfield will likely go with Newcastle and Burnley 

Newcastle to make a decent fist of it. They will spend, players will want to play for Benitez, and there should be enough of a feel good factor at the club to give them a shot in the arm and see them do ok. I can honestly see midtable for them as half the league is basically mediocre dross anyway.

Brighton are going to struggle, I promise you. That is not a Premier League team in the slightest. The infrastructure is there but that team needs an overhaul. They have several players who can 'do a job' in the Championship but for me, they will get found out up here. They need some major incomings and I don't think Chris Hughton, nice guy that he is, will be able to inspire his team as much as say Wagner would at Huddersfield. I would definitely be surprised if he went the whole season without getting the sack. I can see them struggling to get the goals they need so I think they'll drop.

Huddersfield have the weakest quality but strangely, I think the team ethic they have there will see them do better than Brighton. Many will fancy them to get turned over and come straight back down but they will love all that bollocks and underdog shit. Wagner does seem to have a knack of getting more out of his players than he possibly should, much in the way that Dyche managed it with Burnley. They have some serious underrated players there. I don't think it will necessarily be enough, but I think they'll make a better fist of it than Brighton tbh.

Newcastle will stay up, the other 2 will go down.

Will be especially amazed if Huddersfield stay up, weren't even the 3rd best team in the Championship and are only in the Premier League due to the "excitement at the expense of logic play offs" that they weren't that exciting in as not only did they not win a single game but they didn't even score a single goal (unless you count an own goal as them scoring a goal). Of course they can improve from now to when the season starts but it looks like they'd need a bit of a miracle right now.

I honestly don't think anyone outside of newcastle will. I think Huddersfield is gonna crash and burn honestly.. Brighton hove albion may have a cheeky time and stay up but i doubt it...

• Subscriber

That ball looks fit to come off Sigurdsson's boot into the back of the net to put us ahead :ph34r:

Shame it'll probably be an own goal for Everton.

I'm actually really looking forward to next season. I'm not sure why as we've not done anything yet to make it particularly exciting. We have been known to kill my excitement over summer rather than build it up.

Love fixture day too. The day you can start throwing money away on trains that you don't even use because Sky get in first.

Archived