talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2017/18: Build-Up

football forum

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucas, Sakho (although I'd like him to sort his differences with Klopp) and Sturridge (who I'd love to keep fit and stay) will probably go this summer. The rest I'd like to keep and build on. Our squad depth is poor in comparison to the other top 6 clubs so we don't need to be having a mass clearout. Just add 2 or 3 top quality first 11 team players and probably 2 or 3 up and coming young talents to develop and we should be ok. 

Pretty much the entire squad will leave :(

Ranocchia, Niasse, Elabdellaoui, Mbokani, Markovic and N'Diaye will all go back to their parent clubs. 

The Allams will sell anyone they can get a decent fee for. Expect to see Maguire, Roberston. Grosicki, Clucas and Hernandez go. Maloney will be released as well. 

That'll leave us with Jakupovic, Marshall, McGregor, Odubajo, Dawson, Davies, Tymon, Elmohamady, Henriksen, Mason, Huddlestone, Meyler, Evandro, Diomande and Keane in the Championship. Wouldn't be surprised to see Marshall, McGregor, Tymon, Evandro or Huddlestone leave either. 

Boro gone as well. 

I'd take Gibson, although not before a few others. 

Probably take a go at Adama Traore as well and hope he develops a football brain. If not, you'd make the money back on him with him being young. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Boro gone as well. 

I'd take Gibson, although not before a few others. 

Probably take a go at Adama Traore as well and hope he develops a football brain. If not, you'd make the money back on him with him being young. 

I'd steer well clear of Adama Traore. Has all the skill in the world in the opponent's half but once he gets in to the box, his brain melts and his feet freeze. I'd hate to have him on my team. All the hope in the world when he gets on the ball and then absolute despair when you see his end product fail time and time again.

• Subscriber

I'm glad we dodged the Ramirez bullet. Would've been another flop here I'm sure.

Ben Gibson is supposedly our top transfer target.

Would leave Adama. So unproductive. Great dribbler of the ball but very little else.

Stay First 11 - Ciaran Clark, Gayle, Ritchie, Shelvey

Stay Challenge First Team - Dummett, Lascelles, Hayden, Diame, Perez, Mbemba, Elliott, Yedlin, Darlow, Atsu

Let Go With A Handshake - Tim Krul, Hanley, Lazaar, Anita, Haidara, Gouffran, Jesus Gamez, Daryl Murphy, Sammy Ameobi, Mitrovic, De Jong, Saivet, Riviere, Thauvin

Let Go With The Middle Finger - Colback

Shit we will need a lot of signings lol

• Subscriber

Mitrovic has been a disappointment. I remember being disappointed we didn't sign him as we were linked at the time but it definitely looks a bullet dodged.

He isn't a goalscorer, he doesn't think like one, he doesn't move like one, he doesn't finish like one. If he was 1 on 1 with the keeper he would probably miss at least half the time.

He might improve with age since he is only 22. He's currently too inconsistent to warrant a first team place and that is what he needs. If he played week in week out he might iron out some of his shit with the right coaching. He could probably be a 1 in 3 Premier League striker.

He scored a goal for Serbia the other month where he looked completely unrecognisable. His speed, his finish. 

I'd bet he will go on and do well somewhere abroad.

I've just realised I used he a lot xD

Stay in first 11- Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Mane, Lallana, Matip, 

Keep for the squad- Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Grujic, Mignolet, Can, Origi

Sell/let go- Manninger, Sturridge, Klavan, Moreno, Lucas, Ings, Stewart, 

First 11 needs some major work if we have any ambition about us. A lot of what we've got are just squad players at the moment.

55 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

He isn't a goalscorer, he doesn't think like one, he doesn't move like one, he doesn't finish like one. If he was 1 on 1 with the keeper he would probably miss at least half the time.

He might improve with age since he is only 22. He's currently too inconsistent to warrant a first team place and that is what he needs. If he played week in week out he might iron out some of his shit with the right coaching. He could probably be a 1 in 3 Premier League striker.

He scored a goal for Serbia the other month where he looked completely unrecognisable. His speed, his finish. 

I'd bet he will go on and do well somewhere abroad.

I've just realised I used he a lot xD

To add to that, Benitez doesn't really fancy him either. You can tell he's a decent player and you certainly can't fault his effort but his quality just isn't good enough.

We definitely need a new striker, I don't think we've got one good enough to play in Benitez's system in the Premier League. 

I think he has earned his shot but his injury problems could be an issue. We need to get the right number 10 behind Gayle. Sometimes Diame and Perez wouldn't turn up and that would effect him.

I think Isco, Thomas Muller or Dybala would get the best out of him. :ph34r:

Oops, fell into talksport mode for a second there.

Archived