The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2017/18: Build-Up

football forum

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Can remember being scared to head the ball in primary school because of the headaches it would give you. 

That Euro 2004 is one of the best balls ever released too, so sexy it's untrue. 2010 Jubulani for the World Cup was decent too. 

as is World Cup 2002, Fevernova

Image result for fevernova soccer ball

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I remember when I was younger we were all obsessed with getting the new World Cup ball or the new Premier League ball. Are kids still like that?

I think they'd be more arsed about getting said ball in a pack on Ultimate Team. Genuinely.

Honestly don't know what to expect from Liverpool next season, I just hope to fucking god that Klopp stops being so stubborn and sorts out our obvious weaknesses at the back and in goal. We can't go in to next season with the same uncertainty as this season.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dan said:

I think they'd be more arsed about getting said ball in a pack on Ultimate Team. Genuinely.

Disgusting but fits with what my brother and girlfriend's brother were like when ultimate team first started and they were about 14 and 10. 

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Strange one, West Ham apparently can't play at home in August, nor can they play at home on Boxing Day. Was agreed a while ago.

Do you know why?

Wont help Bilic if they get lumped with three tough away games and lose them all, I would say he needs to get off to a good start after the disappointment of the season just gone.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Toony said:

Do you know why?

Wont help Bilic if they get lumped with three tough away games and lose them all, I would say he needs to get off to a good start after the disappointment of the season just gone.

The Athletics is on in August so they are using the stadium for its proper purpose - and my guess is Boxing Day sales shopping in Westfield...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Embarrassing but funny, the London Stadium is not a football ground and never will be.

Yeah, the latter is only a guess - but would imagine it being true. Only West Ham...

Yeah, I can't imagine there will be a sporting event at the Olympic Stadium on Boxing Day, it's got to be for safety reasons due to the numbers you get in Westfield on Boxing Day. I've never been there on Boxing Day (and never will) but I've seen videos of it and it's carnage. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Which team are you all most excited to see come up? Surely not Newcastle, but between Brighton and Hudders, who is more appealing to you all?

Brighton definitely.

Chris Hughton is the man - good away day down on the South Coast, decent sized fanbase and play some good football.

None of them are new grounds for me so didn't make much difference 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Disgusting but fits with what my brother and girlfriend's brother were like when ultimate team first started and they were about 14 and 10. 

I've never seen the fuss with Ultimate Team. Even as someone who used to bash FIFA I thought it was a bit over the top. Much preferred normal games.

9 hours ago, Toony said:

Do you know why?

Like Storts said it'll be linked to Athletics and Shopping.

It swings the percentage in my favour ever so slightly from a selfish point of view. It guarantees they'll be at home on September 9th when I'm on holiday, thus slightly increasing the chance that the game I miss is the one I had no intention of attending anyway.

4 hours ago, Storts said:

Brighton definitely.

Chris Hughton is the man - good away day down on the South Coast, decent sized fanbase and play some good football.

None of them are new grounds for me so didn't make much difference 

Best thing you've ever said :D 

6 hours ago, Eco said:

I have always wanted to pick an EPL side to 'follow', but no one fucking excites me. Leeds definitely would if they made it up, as would Fulham.

Obviously this has caught my interest but from an outsider perspective, why Leeds?

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Obviously this has caught my interest but from an outsider perspective, why Leeds?

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds in England. Great history, down on the times, seems to have absolute quality fans, and I absolutely went ape shit in a Man U bar when Beckford scored against Man U. 

Archived