talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-2 Leicester City - Tuesday 11th May, 2021

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Absolutely shat myself in that 2nd half after Cags scored that bullet header. 

One step closer. Massive win. 

I know United were playing their B Team but your ability to control the game for periods was pretty good

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

I know United were playing their B Team but your ability to control the game for periods was pretty good

2nd half was, but 1st half was very sloppy and below standards. Passing was all over the shop. Probably a show of the nerves to give them the benefit of the doubt. Had the perfect start but got sloppy.

We came out much more composed and perhaps calmer. When it was 1-1, it was the worse situation I wanted to be in where we weren't winning and Solskjaer could bring on the big players. Ironically the first involvement was for us to score but it still didn't make me any less nervous to potentially lose the lead. Very nervous! But very glad we saw it out. Big showing to see the game out.

Fofana had a big hand in that. Sutton gave Ndidi the MOTM but I'd have given it to Fofana. Dominant at the back.

• Subscriber

Really glad for Soyuncu. Had a nightmare Friday and he was partly at fault for their goal today as well. Glad it was him who scored the winner.

It wasn't the most convincing performance but I don't care at all, it was all about the result and we got it. We'd have folded in that game a year ago.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-2 Leicester City - Tuesday 11th May, 2021
15 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Don’t understand the scheduling for Man U this week. Don’t think it’s just.  Was klopp the organizer? lol

Because now Leicester won against man untd Liverpool's small chances to get to champions League are over probably why

• Administrator
16 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Don’t understand the scheduling for Man U this week. Don’t think it’s just.  Was klopp the organizer? lol

When else could the game have been played?

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
Just now, The Käiser said:

The following week?  I haven’t heard of a team playing 2x in mid week. 

It's not a usual occurrence. 

Next midweek Man Utd and Liverpool already scheduled to play Fulham and Burnley respectively.

1 hour ago, Linghardinho 77 said:

Because now Leicester won against man untd Liverpool's small chances to get to champions League are over probably why

Probably.  Liverpool’s only opponent left that is top half of the table is Man U and they have to play 2x in mid week. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

It's not a usual occurrence. 

Next midweek Man Utd and Liverpool already scheduled to play Fulham and Burnley respectively.

Fair. I didn’t know that there were games next Tuesday/Wednesday as well. 

1 hour ago, The Käiser said:

Probably.  Liverpool’s only opponent left that is top half of the table is Man U and they have to play 2x in mid week. 

Both games being played this midweek was no benefit to Liverpool given the middle game for United was against the side Liverpool were hoping would slip up to open the door for top four. United were always going to have to play a weakened side in the Leicester game

• Subscriber

I think moving West Brom v Liverpool to midweek and Man Utd v Liverpool to this weekend would've been a better solution personally. Not that I'm complaining xD

Archived