Crystal Palace - WLLLD

Last 3 Meetings
12/09/2020 - Crystal Palace 1-0 Southampton
21/01/2020 - Crystal Palace 0-2 Southampton
28/12/2019 - Southampton 1-1 Crystal Palace 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Southampton 1-1 Crystal Palace - Tuesday 11th May, 2021
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Feels like you said that two years ago.

And a year ago xD

I understand we have had budget constraints since Fat Sams reign but seeing Leeds looking up at top ten whilst we're still thinking "one more win will keep us up" with seven games to go was a self reflecting moment. You wouldn't think we're the team that's been here for eight years.

• The title was changed to Southampton 2-1 Crystal Palace - Tuesday 11th May, 2021
21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

And a year ago xD

I understand we have had budget constraints since Fat Sams reign but seeing Leeds looking up at top ten whilst we're still thinking "one more win will keep us up" with seven games to go was a self reflecting moment. You wouldn't think we're the team that's been here for eight years.

You're kinda at that stage where you've accepted mediocrity and surviving is the goal each year.

Almost like, if you change too much, the fear of relegation outweighs the progression of the team.

• The title was changed to Southampton 3-1 Crystal Palace - Tuesday 11th May, 2021
29 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You're kinda at that stage where you've accepted mediocrity and surviving is the goal each year.

Almost like, if you change too much, the fear of relegation outweighs the progression of the team.

Yep, appointing the worst manager in Premier League history in Frank de Boer and seeing him play Andros Townsend at right wing back has scared the board in to doing anything slightly adventurous ever again.

The fact Roy Hodgson hasn't decided himself if he wants to stay tells me we should be taking positive action and making the decision for him. We should always be grateful for what he's done, especially in his first season, but that doesn't give him the right to hold the future of this football club over a barrell when we have twelve players out of contract this summer.

Last season whilst we didn't get all the business we wanted done, we took positive steps by getting Eze, Ferguson and the academy status through. Our under 18s beat West Brom 7 - 1 over the weekend and seem to have the title in their grasp. It's going to be painful watching Roy turn them all in to minature versions of Jeffrey Schlupp.

I end up saying this around the 35th game every season but if this is the ceiling for Crystal Palace, what is the point? Every year I see more and more people who lived and breathed this football club just get more and more disenfranchised every season. We don't even lift ourselves for cup runs any more.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sounds like he's off. 

No point building up the suspense if he's staying.

Or a bumper Pardew-esque 7-year contract is in place :D

• The topic was unpinned

Archived