talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Would Put You Off Dating Someone?

football forum

• Subscriber
On 12/05/2021 at 19:09, Lucas said:

Females that swear too much.

I remember going on a Plenty of Fish date ages ago with a girl that looked decent and seemed fine messaging, and in the first 20mins I couldn't look past how many times she used the word 'Cunt/s' without batting an eyelid.

Game over. Next.

This is what happens when people watch Rise Of The Foot Soldier. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MUFC I know you love to drag up old threads and like old posts but since our little argument the other day you must have been through and reacted to every old thread I've created. It's starting to feel like your obsessing over me a little bit too much.

I'm stuck in bed really sick so coming on the forum is helping pass the boredom, let it go mate. I don't get what your playing at.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Devil said:

@MUFC I know you love to drag up old threads and like old posts but since our little argument the other day you must have been through and reacted to every old thread I've created. It's starting to feel like your obsessing over me a little bit too much.

I'm stuck in bed really sick so coming on the forum is helping pass the boredom, let it go mate. I don't get what your playing at.

No offence mate but I have no idea what you're talking about. As for the argument it wasn't even an argument to be honest. Ask any member on here, I react to many members old threads not just yours. Did you read the comment by Spike where he dragged up an old thread because I reacted to it? I'll no longer react to your posts - Get well soon, plenty of rest, fluids and vitamins ✌️

On 11/05/2021 at 08:53, Devil said:

People who's life is there work, I get it they wanna make something if themselves but if you can't relax and unwind then what's the point. 

Would be nice to think it's that simple and everyone could get that work/life balance right but it's not often the case and it's an individuals personal circumstances that can sometimes dictate the pace rather than being someone who is driven by promotion prospects or wanting to climb the ladder of success so to speak.. 

Back in the day when I first met my missus I was in and out of work periodically and was mostly doing cash in hand building work for my old man so only really had to worry about myself and having enough to pay the rent at home and go to football or out on the lash but when I met my missus and she fell pregnant everything changed.. We had to find somewhere to stay because I didn't want to still be living at home in that situation and cash in hand was never going to cut the mustard so rather than having weeks to decide which jobs might be a good work/life roles I had to throw myself into something that started paying the bills and giving me a regular weekly wage and had to do it sooner rather than later.. 

Anyway, one of my first jobs was working nights at Safeways and we had 2 nights off a week but because the staffing back then was a bit hit and miss overtime was always there and because it didn't pay a great wage I was doing the overtime whenever I could which meant I was hardly home through the week in the evenings, Then as time went on because I was putting myself out for the overtime and as I was doing a good job and never letting anybody down they thought I would make good Supervisor material which I accepted because it was decent pay increase but of course as soon as I got that job it meant me having to get in half hour earlier to set up and leave half hour later each morning to complete the handovers which meant even more time away from home

Then a couple of years later I got offered the Night Crew Managers job and accepted, Again I found I was then having to get in an hour earlier and leaving maybe an hour later each morning simply because the job comes with extra responsibilities etc.. 3 years after taking that job I was asked to come over on to days as the Grocery Manager and thought great! finally a break from working nights but 6 months after taking that job they dissolved the old Night Crew and took on a load of Women doing part time work instead. 

By this time we had another child and the missus was a stay at home mum back then so all the bills fell to me to get sorted and when only one of you is working it's not easy to just jack in a job that is your sole income and trot off and hope you find something better.. When they made those changes I was getting up at 4:30am each morning and not leaving work until 10:30pm at night and I did that for 3 years 6 days a week.. when I did get my day off I was so tired I would be asleep before the opening credits of the film we hired were even finished.. 

In hindsight could I have been a bit braver? probably, but sometimes when all the financials rested on me as an individual to provide food and keep a roof over our heads it was a gamble I was not prepared to take, My particular circumstances led me down a certain path that meant family/relaxing time was rare but not because I was being ambitious but because certain needs needed to be met.. 

Even after all these years though my kids will often comment on me just being work orientated in the past without realising why it was like that.. We had 4 and everything that comes with that does not come cheap.. xD

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Would be nice to think it's that simple and everyone could get that work/life balance right but it's not often the case and it's an individuals personal circumstances that can sometimes dictate the pace rather than being someone who is driven by promotion prospects or wanting to climb the ladder of success so to speak.. 

Back in the day when I first met my missus I was in and out of work periodically and was mostly doing cash in hand building work for my old man so only really had to worry about myself and having enough to pay the rent at home and go to football or out on the lash but when I met my missus and she fell pregnant everything changed.. We had to find somewhere to stay because I didn't want to still be living at home in that situation and cash in hand was never going to cut the mustard so rather than having weeks to decide which jobs might be a good work/life roles I had to throw myself into something that started paying the bills and giving me a regular weekly wage and had to do it sooner rather than later.. 

Anyway, one of my first jobs was working nights at Safeways and we had 2 nights off a week but because the staffing back then was a bit hit and miss overtime was always there and because it didn't pay a great wage I was doing the overtime whenever I could which meant I was hardly home through the week in the evenings, Then as time went on because I was putting myself out for the overtime and as I was doing a good job and never letting anybody down they thought I would make good Supervisor material which I accepted because it was decent pay increase but of course as soon as I got that job it meant me having to get in half hour earlier to set up and leave half hour later each morning to complete the handovers which meant even more time away from home

Then a couple of years later I got offered the Night Crew Managers job and accepted, Again I found I was then having to get in an hour earlier and leaving maybe an hour later each morning simply because the job comes with extra responsibilities etc.. 3 years after taking that job I was asked to come over on to days as the Grocery Manager and thought great! finally a break from working nights but 6 months after taking that job they dissolved the old Night Crew and took on a load of Women doing part time work instead. 

By this time we had another child and the missus was a stay at home mum back then so all the bills fell to me to get sorted and when only one of you is working it's not easy to just jack in a job that is your sole income and trot off and hope you find something better.. When they made those changes I was getting up at 4:30am each morning and not leaving work until 10:30pm at night and I did that for 3 years 6 days a week.. when I did get my day off I was so tired I would be asleep before the opening credits of the film we hired were even finished.. 

In hindsight could I have been a bit braver? probably, but sometimes when all the financials rested on me as an individual to provide food and keep a roof over our heads it was a gamble I was not prepared to take, My particular circumstances led me down a certain path that meant family/relaxing time was rare but not because I was being ambitious but because certain needs needed to be met.. 

Even after all these years though my kids will often comment on me just being work orientated in the past without realising why it was like that.. We had 4 and everything that comes with that does not come cheap.. xD

I'd say that maybe people should have an idea of peoples work patters. If you know a potential partner is career driven then expect them to work long hours, As you stated there are always others factors.

5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I'd say that maybe people should have an idea of peoples work patters. If you know a potential partner is career driven then expect them to work long hours, As you stated there are always others factors.

I never took a job without talking it over with the missus first, Great I was earning more but it came with a sacrifice and as long as she was ok with that we made it work for us and just tried to make the most of our time together when we had it.. 

• Subscriber

People who talk too much.
Loud people.
Dumb people.
No sense of humour.
Misogynist arseholes. 
Overly clingy, needy people. 

Also, a massive language barrier. Ok for something completely casual, but not for a serious relationship... 

• Subscriber

Another few things,

People who don't clean up after themselves, I hate a shit tip and like a clean environment,

Related to the above, hoarders. Just stuff collected, gathering dust and never used or serving any purpose. 

On 11/05/2021 at 15:09, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bingo. 

Here are my non negotiables based off past experience.

1. Appearance. It's a yes no question. Would I bang sober? If yes, we can continue. But a no is always a no. You don't need to make DDWs top 5 of all time to ride, but better is better. 
2. MUST HAVE HOBBIES AND BANTER. I dated a girl for about a month or so once, her weekly update was always "Yeah I worked all week, watched MAFS and drank wine with mum a bit" EVERY WEEK. Fuck off. I don't care what you're passionate about, but be passionate about it.
3. Don't be a fucking clone. I want someone with some identity and character. 
4. Don't be an anxious little needy fuck. I like to be close, I do, I can have needy moments too, but they're spaced between long periods of self reliance. A mopey little anxious wreck is no fucking good. 
5. Value yourself some, and value your wants and needs. Don't eat like a fat pig, stay fit, look after yourself, "I'm gonna spend the day in bed because I just can't..." NO. I want to HELP someone looking after themselves, not do it FOR them. 
6. Don't be god awful at sex, pretty easy.  

Ironically the day after this happened I banged lenna, then we dated. And she was like this sometimes. I should have stuck to my guns. 

Yeah reconsidering this 2 years later, I'd say the only thing I'd add is socioeconomic status. I find it very hard to resonate with little rich girls, or absolute bogans. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah reconsidering this 2 years later, I'd say the only thing I'd add is socioeconomic status. I find it very hard to resonate with little rich girls, or absolute bogans. 

Very relatable. I had a little thing going a while ago with someone in a significantly worse financial situation, and honestly half of the time I was wondering if he's into me or rather into advantages that being with me brings. Now granted, I might have some trust issues, but I think if I were insanely rich, I would stop dating altogether lol. 

Archived