talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Champions don't even care about the trophy. Treat it just like another item they can mess about with.

He will be telling that story to his gran kids, how he nearly broke the Premier League trophy xD  ..bet he blamed it on De Bruyne :ph34r:

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@Happy Blue

Really like this type of stuff. I know the Spanish National Team had a documentary on their Euro 08 and World Cup win, which was quality as well. 

This looks great. Although, part of me wonders how authentic it can ever really be with cameras on the managers and players and them knowing about it. 

• Upvote 1

Nice to see the youth team doing well against a strong Liverpool team, few minutes left and held them to a 1-1 ..big up the kids!! B|

starting lineups selected by Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp for tonight’s ICC encounter:

Manchester City XI: Bravo, Denayer, Eric Garcia, Humphreys, Bolton, Zinchenko, Harrison, Foden, Brahim Diaz, Mahrez, Nmecha

Liverpool XI: Karius, Clyne, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones, Lallana, Sturridge

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Nice to see the youth team doing well against a strong Liverpool team, few minutes left and held them to a 1-1 ..big up the kids!! B|

starting lineups selected by Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp for tonight’s ICC encounter:

Manchester City XI: Bravo, Denayer, Eric Garcia, Humphreys, Bolton, Zinchenko, Harrison, Foden, Brahim Diaz, Mahrez, Nmecha

Liverpool XI: Karius, Clyne, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones, Lallana, Sturridge

Hows Foden doing? That kid needs to get through the system he could be world class

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Doing great, should be with the first team again this season

What do you think of him? Ive heard he could be the player England need to dominate midfield?

City's youth team destroying Bayern Munich's 1st team xD   ...this should be the carling cup team, give them a shot at it 

Bayern Munich XI: Ulreich, Rafinha, Alaba, Meier, Richards, Robben, Ribery, Coman, Renato Sanches, Will, Wagner

Manchester City XI: Bravo, Bolton, Laporte, Humphreys, Eric Garcia, Zinchenko, Douglas Luiz, Foden, Diaz, Mahrez, Nmecha
Edited by Happy Blue

• Administrator

Gabriel Jesus signs contract extension

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45056019

Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the club until 2023.

Jesus, 21, arrived at Etihad Stadium from Brazilian club Palmeiras for £27m in January 2017 and scored seven goals in 11 games in his debut season.

He netted 17 goals as City won the Premier League and the Carabao Cup last term.

He started every game as Brazil reached this summer's World Cup quarter-finals, where they lost to Belgium.

Jesus has struggled with injury at City, breaking a metatarsal in his foot and suffering a knee injury.

He has described joining the club as the "best decision I've made in my life".

Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain added: "Gabriel is undoubtedly one of the best young forwards in world football."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Part of the training ground named after Joe Hart...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45919720

Manchester City have named a pitch at their training ground after their former goalkeeper Joe Hart.

A keeper training facility dedicated to Hart was unveiled alongside a mosaic of his 2012 title-winning celebrations.

The 31-year-old moved to Burnley in August after making 348 appearances in his 12-year City career.

Hart will also be presented with a lifetime season card when the Premier League champions face his current club Burnley on Saturday.

The move was made "in recognition of the club legend's 12-year association with the club", Man City said.

Former England regular Hart won two Premier Leagues, one FA Cup and two League Cups during his time in Manchester, after joining from Shrewsbury Town in 2006.

"It is a lovely touch. It is a club that I think a lot of and I am very proud of what I have done here," said Hart, who had loan spells at Torino and West Ham before his permanent move to Burnley.

"It will always be a part of me and I really appreciate the fact that I will always be a part of it.

"I have been a big part of the club, I have been a part of what has gone on recently, so it is nice to get that recognition and I am very proud."

City also dedicated a training pitch to Yaya Toure before he left the club at the end of his contract in June 2018.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak will join Hart and his family after the game against Burnley on Saturday.

"It is truly fitting to mark Joe Hart's outstanding contribution to Manchester City in such a visible way," Al Mubarak said.

"His Manchester City legacy is assured and it is hoped that this tribute will serve to inspire future generations of goalkeepers who train at the City Football Academy, dreaming of replicating his remarkable career," City's chairman added.