talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I can only imagine he got tired after three seasons of no success even after building one of England's best teams in the Prem. Still, of all the places to go he chose Juventus when there is an open seat literally calling his name back at Barcelona where he could certainly take them to CL glory? Bit odd this appointment if you ask me.

I can only assume Pep himself is expecting City to be banned. Dealing with Juventus now incase the ban happens this season or next. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I can only assume Pep himself is expecting City to be banned. Dealing with Juventus now incase the ban happens this season or next. 

I dont think UEFA will touch City for another three years but it will come eventually. The paper-trail is clear and they've already taken Milan to task. With PSG also starting to gain unwanted attention and losing Qatari backing this could be the next big target for FFP.

• Subscriber
On 22/05/2019 at 18:47, Cicero said:

Aye, he has only ever won the Champions League Cup with Barca, failed at Bayern and Spurs fucked him up this year and maybe City getting banned from Europe, Pep is getting itchy feet again.

@Happy Blue, give us your thoughts buddy, do you think Pep will do a runner to Juve?  

59 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Aye, he has only ever won the Champions League Cup with Barca, failed at Bayern and Spurs fucked him up this year and maybe City getting banned from Europe, Pep is getting itchy feet again.

@Happy Blue, give us your thoughts buddy, do you think Pep will do a runner to Juve?  

I wouldn't say he failed at beyern

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I wouldn't say he failed at beyern

8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

How exactly did he fail at Bayern?

Only ever won the Champions League Cup with Barca, failed at Barca and City ( City so far) maybe he now wants to try and win it with Juve?

On 23/05/2019 at 21:05, CaaC - John said:

Pep will be with us for at least another 5 seasons

On 25/05/2019 at 14:46, Happy Blue said:

@Cannabis didn't you also laugh when i said what transfer window Pep would sign for us 2 years before it happened? 9_9  ..the fact is, Pep wants to stay long term and even looking at another extension 

Even if he did go city would still be able to get another top coach. Doubt he will stay for years and years but he will be there for a few more yet I expect

On 25/05/2019 at 17:07, The Artful Dodger said:

A lot of Bayern Munich fans loathe Guardiola, see him as destroying the German heart of the club. 

Isn't that just because they like to have German managers?

• 2 weeks later...
teamtalk_320x80.jpg

Pep Guardiola believes Manchester City is “the perfect place to work” and has reassured the club’s supporters that he is going nowhere.

The Spaniard has led City to back-to-back Premier League titles, and also won the FA Cup and the Carabao Cup in a remarkable season for Pep’s men.

Guardiola is contracted until June 2021 after signing a two-year extension last summer and he intends to see out that deal.

“There’s no better place in the world to play and do your job as a manager than in England,” Guardiola told the club’s official website.

“I can compare it to Spain and Germany. I haven’t been to other countries, but they would be quite similar. If I go to Italy it would be quite similar to Spain.

“In other places fans boo you if you don’t win but here it’s always supportive. It’s like I am in a blue shirt and I am one of you.

“I remember in the first year it was difficult. After the defeat to Monaco in the Champions League and we were not doing well in the Premier League, the people still supported you.

Pep-Guardiola-FA-Cup.jpg

“The important thing is the club followed our idea. Normally at most clubs if you win that is perfect and if you lose that is not good. Here it doesn’t happen, that is one of the reasons why I decide to come here.

“I didn’t win a title in the first year and people still supported us. I will never forget that.

“You can work calmly. It’s the ideal. It’s the perfect place to work. I don’t know at other clubs in England but I especially feel it here.

“That’s why I am happy to reward their confidence with my players for the next two seasons.”

24 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:
teamtalk_320x80.jpg

Pep Guardiola believes Manchester City is “the perfect place to work” and has reassured the club’s supporters that he is going nowhere.

The Spaniard has led City to back-to-back Premier League titles, and also won the FA Cup and the Carabao Cup in a remarkable season for Pep’s men.

Guardiola is contracted until June 2021 after signing a two-year extension last summer and he intends to see out that deal.

“There’s no better place in the world to play and do your job as a manager than in England,” Guardiola told the club’s official website.

“I can compare it to Spain and Germany. I haven’t been to other countries, but they would be quite similar. If I go to Italy it would be quite similar to Spain.

“In other places fans boo you if you don’t win but here it’s always supportive. It’s like I am in a blue shirt and I am one of you.

“I remember in the first year it was difficult. After the defeat to Monaco in the Champions League and we were not doing well in the Premier League, the people still supported you.

Pep-Guardiola-FA-Cup.jpg

“The important thing is the club followed our idea. Normally at most clubs if you win that is perfect and if you lose that is not good. Here it doesn’t happen, that is one of the reasons why I decide to come here.

“I didn’t win a title in the first year and people still supported us. I will never forget that.

“You can work calmly. It’s the ideal. It’s the perfect place to work. I don’t know at other clubs in England but I especially feel it here.

“That’s why I am happy to reward their confidence with my players for the next two seasons.”

So hes off in 2 seasons then :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

20961987_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.ba2211f4d3c1a36bceb3ce1a73ef3646.png

David Silva: Manchester City midfielder to leave the club at end of 2019-20 season

Manchester City midfielder David Silva says he will leave the club at the end of the 2019-20 season.

The Spaniard, 33, has won four Premier League titles, the FA Cup twice and the League Cup four times since joining the club in 2010, playing 395 times.

He featured in 33 Premier League games last term and scored six goals as Pep Guardiola's side retained the title.

Asked if he would stay beyond next season, Silva said: "No, this is the last one."

He added: "Ten years for me is enough. It's the perfect time for me.

"Initially, City were talking about two years, but I decided to sign [for] another one, so I finished at 10 years.

"It completes the cycle. It's a nice round figure. I can never see myself playing against City for another team. So 10 years - that's it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48767169

I think it's a good call. There were signs in his game last season that the progression and demands of the team are stretching his capabilities but someone like Silva can adapt because he's so intelligent and calm on the ball.

He'll forever go down as one of the greatest PL players of all time and certainly one of the best foreign imports we've inherited.

But more importantly, he is an exemplary role model and I think we all felt for him and admired the way he was able to carry on playing when his son was born early and fighting for his life.

Without doubt, one of my most favourite players to watch in the current era. 

• Upvote 1