talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

football forum

200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Manchester City Football Club is a football club in Manchester, England. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton), they became Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and Manchester City in 1894. The club moved to the City of Manchester Stadium in 2003, having played at Maine Road since 1923.

The club's most successful period was in the late 1960s and early 1970s when they won the League ChampionshipFA CupLeague Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup under the management team of Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. After losing the 1981 FA Cup Final, the club went through a period of decline, culminating in relegation to the third tier of English football for the only time in their history in 1998. Having regained their Premier League status in the early 2000s, the club was purchased in 2008 by Abu Dhabi United Group and has become one of the wealthiest in the world. Since 2011 the club have won five major honours, including the Premier League in 2012 and 2014.

All discussion relating to Manchester City that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

comes with conditions though....

• Only applies to signing players from Premier League/EFL clubs in the last 18 months
  • Banned til June 2018; after that the ban will continue if it reoffends in the next 3 years

Manchester City have been banned from signing academy players for two years and fined £300,000 after breaching Premier League transfer rules.

Part of the ban - from 30 June 2018 - will only come into effect if the club reoffends in the next three years.

City were found to have approached the family of two young players who were registered with other clubs.

The ban applies to any player who has been registered with a Premier League or EFL club in the previous 18 months.

It follows a similar sanction for Liverpool, who in April were punished over a separate illegal approach.

Liverpool's punishment related to their approach to a 12-year-old academy player at Stoke City in September last year.

An investigation by the Premier League found the Reds spoke to the youngster and his family before they should have, and also paid for him and some of his family to attend a game at Anfield.

Liverpool also offered to pay the player's school fees, which were being paid by Stoke at the time, and this was a breach of newly introduced regulations which state a benefit can only be offered if it is applicable to all youngsters across the club's academy, which was not the case.

It was reported in April that the Premier League was examining three signings by City's academy, including an 11-year-old Everton midfielder and a 15-year-old from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Premier League rules ban inducements from clubs to encourage a move.

City have declined to comment on the matter.

Manchester City have been such an enigma this season xD It isn't that they haven't been playing well, but their inability to finish chances and of course their terrible defense costs them wins. 

But now that Guardiola's had a season to implement his style ( and they are playing his style really good now ), he needs a good summer, clearing out all the dead wood and bringing in new players that he feels suits his style. There'll be an exodus at City this summer. And I feel once that's done, it's only then City will start reaching the levels everyone expected them to reach with Pep as coach.

Did make me laugh.  Although sometimes things get lost in translation. I think he just meant he would not get away with finishing fourth at beyern or Barcelona. Although they don't have the competition so that would be fair. Although I think city have been a massive dissapointment this season

Edited by Guest

The phrasing may come across odd but he's not really being disrespectful. As the lad above says, there aren't any clubs that operate the same way as Barca or Bayern in the Premiership. One of the reasons is that more clubs have a chance of winning things in England at the moment, whereas for Bayern it's almost impossible to not win something and likewise Barca. Manchester City are not a club on that level and are also coming from relative mediocrity, he's building instead of maintaining (although he played a huge role in turning Barca into the club they now are).

I think his opinion is exactly how mainland Europeans in football rate English clubs. Alas for City, they havent quite broken into the "top" clubs club.

Not to say they wont ~ Afterall, Nailing one's Boll**** to Pep is City's answer to make the elite level.

We shall see  :ay:

Edited by The Liquidator

On 5/20/2017 at 8:48 AM, Cannabis said:

Gabriel Jesus wants Sergio Aguero to stay:

skysports-sergio-aguero-manchester-city-

Gabriel Jesus wants Sergio Aguero to stay at Manchester City. Aguero's future at the Etihad is uncertain after he lost his place to Jesus, following the Brazilian's arrival from Palmeiras in January.

"Sergio is a very important player and essential to the club. Since the first time he arrived until now, he's been a real star - the starting forward of the team. He has helped this club a lot and has had an amazing career here, so all the fans and all of us want him to stay at Manchester City. Since I met him I realised he is a really nice guy. We are all aware about his skills as a player. I'm very happy to see he is a good person, humble, charismatic - that's very important for me as well. He became an idol because of his success here at Manchester City - he totally deserves it.

Understanding given that Jesus knows he will be injured for the majority of the season.

I thought Caballero might have stayed, he's been play a bit recently and is a better goalkeeper than Bravo.

I can't see Hart coming back into the fold either so he's obviously going to be after a new keeper. I can see a few more departing City too, Delph, Kolarov etc. They'll spend big.

• The title was changed to Sanchez Moving to Man City?