talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why? 

He's had a couple of red cards against them if I remember correctly. 

Think he went flying in to a challenge on Luiz a couple of times?

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's had a couple of red cards against them if I remember correctly. 

Think he went flying in to a challenge on Luiz a couple of times?

Yes exactly, both times he went to make serious damage to the player. Both times got nothing for his savage challenges.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hardly makes him an absolute cunt xD

The challenges themselves would make most Chelsea fans feel that way. The fact he did it twice shows to me that he's got something against him. They weren't snide or debatable ones either. They were outright dangerous with 2-feet on the same player each time.

Interesting though because I remember several similar comments from Liverpool fans towards Choudhury (which resulted in a lot of hate for him) for a challenge on Salah back in October and he was labelled him in a similar way for something much less than those 2 Aguero challenges! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Is Guardiola's job under threat? Trophyless season. Let's not pretend they've spent billions to win the League Cup.

They won every competition in England last season, regardless of money spent, that is an amazing achievement that hasn’t been matched by previous big spenders/oil clubs. It’d be stupid to sack him.

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

They won every competition in England last season, regardless of money spent, that is an amazing achievement that hasn’t been matched by previous big spenders/oil clubs. It’d be stupid to sack him.

Hasn’t it been achieved by Chelsea? And they’ve won the CL as well

9 hours ago, Danny said:

I'm not saying he should be but we all know how some of these clubs work these days.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Exactly this. Guardiola is still the best coach in the world for my money. He did balls it up last night though.

13 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Is Guardiola's job under threat? Trophyless season. Let's not pretend they've spent billions to win the League Cup.

For me, Pep would only be sacked if they knew they could bring in another manager better than him.

And the only person in the game currently that meets that criteria for me is Klopp.

That is probably not going to happen so makes no sense to sack him I'd say.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

For me, Pep would only be sacked if they knew they could bring in another manager better than him.

And the only person in the game currently that meets that criteria for me is Klopp.

That is probably not going to happen so makes no sense to sack him I'd say.

Making this comment under the notion that I agree it’ll be virtually impossible to see Klopp leave, Klopp and Pep work very differently. Not to say he couldn’t do it and be a success at a bigger club, but Klopp has never taken a high pressure job in his life. He works up underdogs and his success is the result of a number of years of unsuccessful years where his building blocks are placed. His players are generally underdogs too, we’ve not seen him sign stars who are already there.

He’s untested moving straight into a club like City where the money and expectations are there straight away

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

xD

To be honest, even though it's specifically aimed at Liverpool fans, it really applies to all fans that spend their time directly attacking players on social media.

From a player who was part of a team that was singing about Liverpool fans being 'battered in the streets' after they won the title last year

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Making this comment under the notion that I agree it’ll be virtually impossible to see Klopp leave, Klopp and Pep work very differently. Not to say he couldn’t do it and be a success at a bigger club, but Klopp has never taken a high pressure job in his life. He works up underdogs and his success is the result of a number of years of unsuccessful years where his building blocks are placed. His players are generally underdogs too, we’ve not seen him sign stars who are already there.

He’s untested moving straight into a club like City where the money and expectations are there straight away

so basically Pep is quality when at a club that buys all the best players, and Klopp still pisses on him with a team of underdogs? 

I know who id rather have. 

I think Pep’s a brilliant manager, but it’s interesting how he always seems to outthink himself in the quarterfinals of the CL year in, year out.

As far as Klopp v Pep, I’m biased so I’m not even going to give you my view - you already know who I’d pick. They’re probably among two of the most influential managers of this particular era of football, so whoever you pick you’re picking a good manager.

I think Klopp's football is less demanding than Guardiola's, leading it to be more effective more often than not. Guardiola expects his players to be as fit and energetic as Klopp's but with an unreasonable level of technical ability as well, but such is the successor to total football.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

so basically Pep is quality when at a club that buys all the best players, and Klopp still pisses on him with a team of underdogs? 

I know who id rather have. 

Literally not what I said at all but OK xD

23 hours ago, 6666 said:

xD

To be honest, even though it's specifically aimed at Liverpool fans, it really applies to all fans that spend their time directly attacking players on social media.

Now that I know it hurts his feelings, I’ve sent him some mean tweets. Took about 5 seconds and made me lol.

I’m glad he’s let us know it affects him. I’ll probably give him one a day now.