talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

£35 MILLION for a goalkeeper. Insane.

Obviously Pep has seen enough from Bravo to suggest that he isn't going to be good enough which heaps the pressure on Ederson to be a success after Caballero was released and Hart will surely leave.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's the most important area of the pitch. No idea why paying such a fee would be considered insane. 

As for the shake-up I think that Claudio Bravo will drop down to No.2 with Joe Hart joining Willy out of the exit door. With the mass changes that are going to take place this summer and the pressure on the manager to do well there will be no room for deadwood of any kind. I'm surprised Fabian Delph is still there to be honest, I was convinced Guardiola would have tied him to a tree and let him go free to a good home. 

I actually read it was £45 million on Sky Sports, which is even worse. It's nothing to the top clubs I suppose, but I wouldn't dream of Newcastle even being able to spend that amount on a goalkeeper.

On 25/05/2017 at 4:37 PM, Cicero said:

Getting rid of the dead weight I see. Likely to see both Manc clubs spend nearly 200 million again. 

Ridiculous isn't it

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I love Happy Blue during the summer, I can remember a few years back when Gareth Bale and Neymar had all but signed for City.

I was probably on about my fifa game :D  ..not calling anything this year but was 90% correct last summer

On 5/30/2017 at 1:26 PM, Happy Blue said:

If transfer talk is correct and goes to plan, this could be our team next season  O.o

Ederson

Walker - Marquinhos - Laporte - Mendy

De Bruyne - Gundogan - Silva

Bernardo - Jesus - Sane

No Aguero? 

Also, I think Grimaldo would be a great option at LB for you guys. He's a La Masia product and captained Barca B before leaving for Benfica, so I'm sure Pep would have him on the radar, as he fits the profile Pep would be looking for to a tee. The only reservation about him is that he's just 21 and doesn't have much top flight experience. 

Just now, Messiesta said:

No Aguero? 

Also, I think Grimaldo would be a great option at LB for you guys. He's a La Masia product and captained Barca B before leaving for Benfica, so I'm sure Pep would have him on the radar, as he fits the profile Pep would be looking for to a tee. The only reservation about him is that he's just 21 and doesn't have much top flight experience. 

Aguero will rotate with Jesus  ..we need 3 FB's at very least, Zaba, Clichy and Sagna have already gone so who knows

6 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

It's a mistake on par with Thiago in my opinion :43_slight_frown:

Could be although the Thiago error is massive!  How much is he worth now?  One of the best central midfielders in Europe right now.

On 2017-5-29 at 8:10 AM, Toony said:

£35 MILLION for a goalkeeper. Insane.

Obviously Pep has seen enough from Bravo to suggest that he isn't going to be good enough which heaps the pressure on Ederson to be a success after Caballero was released and Hart will surely leave.

Prices seem to be going up for everything now. Its going up quickly but we're slowly noticing it.

I still remember when Chelsea and Everton were linked with Koulibaly for 50M last year. I wouldn't pay that much for Godin, never mind Koulibaly.

The question is how much more can it keep going up and if its ultimately going to end up hurting the game.

Just now, Cannabis said:

If you believe the papers we're back in for him and are prepared to pay up to £75,000,000 xD.

Madness. No central defender should be worth that much. Especially not Koulibaly.

Don't get me wrong, he's a top centre back, but he's not worth that much or half of it.

• Subscriber

Man City will literally pay £50m for a rotation player and it's their own fault for spending that much on players that aren't worth it in the past.

Don't tell me that "today's market" is responsible for prices like this. The value is still out there, I've made this argument in other threads about Spurs (who finished ahead of City this season lest we forget) signing most of their first team for less than £20m. It's not the market, it's a question of whether clubs are stupid enough to pay triple the actual necessary fee because they can and or they're too lazy to find a viable alternative who might just need slightly longer to develop into a top class player for £20m instead of £60m. Absolute embarrassment the lengths City and similar clubs will go to to get their man.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Man City will literally pay £50m for a rotation player and it's their own fault for spending that much on players that aren't worth it in the past.

Don't tell me that "today's market" is responsible for prices like this. The value is still out there, I've made this argument in other threads about Spurs (who finished ahead of City this season lest we forget) signing most of their first team for less than £20m. It's not the market, it's a question of whether clubs are stupid enough to pay triple the actual necessary fee because they can and or they're too lazy to find a viable alternative who might just need slightly longer to develop into a top class player for £20m instead of £60m. Absolute embarrassment the lengths City and similar clubs will go to to get their man.

There is an element of truth in this post but your example of Spurs isn't exactly a good one as Spurs sign most of their players with devalued leagues. Dele Alli in League 1, Eriksenand Janssen from the dutch leagues, and of course Kane came from the academy. Son is one of the exceptions.

An example of this is 100M for Bale seeming a lot a few years ago now there and Pogba matched that easily and of course there is rumours of other 100M moves. None that spring to mind but I do recall a few for other players. There is also that daft Belotti release clause.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

There is an element of truth in this post but your example of Spurs isn't exactly a good one as Spurs sign most of their players with devalued leagues. Dele Alli in League 1, Eriksenand Janssen from the dutch leagues, and of course Kane came from the academy. Son is one of the exceptions.

An example of this is 100M for Bale seeming a lot a few years ago now there and Pogba matched that easily and of course there is rumours of other 100M moves. None that spring to mind but I do recall a few for other players. There is also that daft Belotti release clause.

So what's wrong with City doing that? Why don't they spend £10-15m trying to find and develop the next Dele Alli or the next John Stones instead of paying six times that for players who are established but never in a million years worth that money.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Spot on

When we've spent bigger money it's generally gone wrong. All about identifying and develop the right young players 

Edited by Storts

• The title was changed to Sanchez Moving to Man City?