talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

38 000 for a champions league game in a 50000 seater stadium 😂 that's what happens when you try to take a mid table premier league team and turn them into a big club 

Who holds the attendance record outside of wembley? and City has always been a big club :coffee: 

Whilst I did have a little laugh when I saw Guardiola's comments the other night, if I'm being serious, it's a bit out of order for a millionaire football manager having a go at fans for not always selling out isn't it? Especially during these times.

But anyway, that's as far as I'll go sticking up for City fans given they'll turn up to Anfield next month singing the usual bollocks about unemployment and poverty.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Whilst I did have a little laugh when I saw Guardiola's comments the other night, if I'm being serious, it's a bit out of order for a millionaire football manager having a go at fans for not always selling out isn't it? Especially during these times.

But anyway, that's as far as I'll go sticking up for City fans given they'll turn up to Anfield next month singing the usual bollocks about unemployment and poverty.

They will probably get bricked on the way home though :4_joy::ph34r:

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Who holds the attendance record outside of wembley? and City has always been a big club :coffee: 

One game years ago. You have a small fan base. There are visible empty seats all the time when you are in the best period of your history. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You know, you are becoming a big troll lately :35_thinking:

Ha ha well spotted mate.  I thought you were gonna bite 

Edited by Guest

Kevin Parker, the general secretary of City's official supporters' club, told British media he was surprised by Guardiola's comments.

"He doesn't understand the difficulties that some people might have getting to a game at the Etihad on a Wednesday evening at 8:00 p.m. [BST]," Parker said.

"They have got kids to think of, they might not be able to afford it, there are still some COVID issues about... I don't see why he comments on it.

"He's absolutely the best coach in the world but, in the nicest possible way, I think maybe he should stick to that."

Manchester City fans were unhappy about Pep Guardiola's comments around their support.

City return to Premier League action when they host Southampton on Saturday and Parker said there was no doubt the stadium will be full.

"Of course he would want a full house but I don't know why he would question whether we'd have one against Southampton," Parker added. "It is a different scenario.

"We have played two Saturday home games and the stadium -- from a City perspective at least -- was full on both occasions. I don't think anybody anywhere within the club should be questioning the loyalty of the supporters. It is frustrating."

Edited by Happy Blue

To be honest pep is a cunt. Great manager but just seems like a horrible person in  real life when he isnt infront of a camera. Sometimes it gets seen when he let's slip like it did with his comments the other day 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be honest pep is a cunt. Great manager but just seems like a horrible person in  real life when he isnt infront of a camera. Sometimes it gets seen when he let's slip like it did with his comments the other day 

Think Pep's dream is to win the CL where City fans are not that bothered, the league games are sold out or close to it, just no real interest in midweek CL games on less it's against a top team

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Think Pep's dream is to win the CL where City fans are not that bothered, the league games are sold out or close to it, just no real interest in midweek CL games on less it's against a top team

I don't believe for a second city fans arent that bothered. You just say that because you haven't won it. No team will ever go done in history or be regarded as a great team if you dont win it. I do agree that the best teams dont always win it but all the beat teams put there strongest squads in. And great are remembered because they won it. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't believe for a second city fans arent that bothered. You just say that because you haven't won it. No team will ever go done in history or be regarded as a great team if you dont win it. I do agree that the best teams dont always win it but all the beat teams put there strongest squads in. And great are remembered because they won it. 

City fans attitude towards the Champions League is a little bit odd though

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not in the slightest, believe what you like but i don't care about it, we even boo the music :4_joy:  ..winning it doesn't prove anything, same way winning the FA Cup doesn't prove anything :what:  ..the League title is all that matters

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Not in the slightest, believe what you like but i don't care about it, we even boo the music :4_joy:  ..winning it doesn't prove anything, same way winning the FA Cup doesn't prove anything :what:  ..the League title is all that matters

I don't believe you. You take all the best teams in europe and you make them play. Most of the time one of the best teams in Europe win it. City have been good enough to win it no doubt. But if you are a great team. Really far ahead of everyone else for a long period you would win it because everyone wants to win it. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A team with zero European pedigree will never be remembered as being a great team. 

Exactly. Like I said the best teams dont always win it but it's the biggest club competition in the world. And most of the time one of the best teams wins it. Saying we only care about the league is ridiculous 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

A team with zero European pedigree will never be remembered as being a great team. 

Yep, and Pep knows that more than anybody, legacy isn’t complete without it, will always chip at him if he doesn’t deliver for them.

• Subscriber

I can't see someone like him backing down from the fans being unhappy with him because let's be honest he's not at City for the fans, he wants another CL trophy and if City don't give that to him he'll move on. All these little accolades like league trophies and breaking goal records mean nothing to him as he's done them before in other leagues. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I can't see someone like him backing down from the fans being unhappy with him because let's be honest he's not at City for the fans, he wants another CL trophy and if City don't give that to him he'll move on. All these little accolades like league trophies and breaking goal records mean nothing to him as he's done them before in other leagues. 

If he doesn't win the CL it's Pep's fault, he already has the team to win it bar maybe a real striker, the rest is down to him

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If he doesn't win the CL it's Pep's fault, he already has the team to win it bar maybe a real striker, the rest is down to him

Clearly will always be his fault. The amount of support the owners have given him and the club is unreal. Lets not also forget that he did the same thing at Bayern as well so from observation its really all down to him and not the resources he has.

• Upvote 1

On 17/09/2021 at 09:15, Gunnersauraus said:

38 000 for a champions league game in a 50000 seater stadium 😂 that's what happens when you try to take a mid table premier league team and turn them into a big club 

Midtable is being kind, they were fighting relegation every season.

City fans are up in arms because their own manager has basically called them out. 

You've got to love it.