talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

15 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Haaland brings that same fear Aguero did, he is a match winner in one of two touches.  for 50m it's an absolute steal

I would say his goal threat is even higher than Aguero's because of he's speed and strength, the way he brushed your CB's off yesterday and ran away from them must be scary to play against, shame Pope saved it, even his goal was just a burst of speed and having that poacher instinct, i think he's going to be a level above any striker we have had before tbh 

Coming back to draw the match from 3-1 was your saving grace even this early in the season. Had you lost it by that score Newcastle would have cracked on relentlessly and you might have struggled a bit. But coming back to save the match means that you'll now crack on.

I get the feeling that if Spurs can get a good away win the early pacemakers over the next few matches will be you, us, Arsenal, Newcastle and maybe Leeds.

1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Coming back to draw the match from 3-1 was your saving grace even this early in the season. Had you lost it by that score Newcastle would have cracked on relentlessly and you might have struggled a bit. But coming back to save the match means that you'll now crack on.

I get the feeling that if Spurs can get a good away win the early pacemakers over the next few matches will be you, us, Arsenal, Newcastle and maybe Leeds.

Do you think Spurs are playing well?  I thought you could have lost all three games.

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Do you think Spurs are playing well?  I thought you could have lost all three games.

No, I don't. First match was ok albeit we had help from Saints to put daylight between us but the next two we haven't bossed at all. This is why I'm saying for Spurs to get their act together an away win is needed. Often a win kick starts a club's season and an away win will kick start Spurs'.

2 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

To come back from 3-1 down? No crisis.

I think he was just being a dum dum.   He tried to say we are a bad team because we drew to Brighton at the Amex,  the same team that cleaned United's clocks on opening day at Old Trafford.    Man United are now awesome because they managed to get completely outplayed by a liverpool C team that had 80% possession at Old Trafford.    

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I think he was just being a dum dum.   He tried to say we are a bad team because we drew to Brighton at the Amex,  the same team that cleaned United's clocks on opening day at Old Trafford.    Man United are now awesome because they managed to get completely outplayed by a liverpool C team that had 80% possession at Old Trafford.    

What's the use of 80% possession if, in that 80% you don't get the ball in the net? Possession is a wasted and superfluous statistic because it means absolutely nothing.

You're not a bad team but what you are is an unknown quantity. Nobody is sure what you can do or what you're going to do. Eddie Howe did well at Bournemouth and then faded and I'm just wandering if that tradition will follow him to you. We can only wait and see.

Edited by Chickasaw

6 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

What's the use of 80% possession if, in that 80% you don't get the ball in the net? Possession is a wasted and superfluous statistic because it means absolutely nothing.

You're not a bad team but what you are is an unknown quantity. Nobody is sure what you can do or what you're going to do. Eddie Howe did well at Bournemouth and then faded and I'm just wandering if that tradition will follow him to you. We can only wait and see.

I was merely suggesting the ludities of goldbrige rationalizing teams in crisis by inferring city drawing to a team that drew to a very good team in Brighton, is not logical.

yes possession means nothing but it does, no stat individually matters only collectively.  Liverpool controlled the ball but failed to score.

the team is definitely and unknown, but Howe plays entertaining football, and his time with Simeone helped him adapt to a better defensive mindset and less gung ho.   the team is an unknown but apparently they want two more players.   Maddison is unlikely but Martin Terrier will fit our need well.  Gallagher is another unlikely but maybe we can get him if Chelsea get Frenkie

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I was merely suggesting the ludities of goldbrige rationalizing teams in crisis by inferring city drawing to a team that drew to a very good team in Brighton, is not logical.

yes possession means nothing but it does, no stat individually matters only collectively.  Liverpool controlled the ball but failed to score.

the team is definitely and unknown, but Howe plays entertaining football, and his time with Simeone helped him adapt to a better defensive mindset and less gung ho.   the team is an unknown but apparently they want two more players.   Maddison is unlikely but Martin Terrier will fit our need well.  Gallagher is another unlikely but maybe we can get him if Chelsea get Frenkie

I'm not arguing for the sake of it Orange but the only collective statistics I see that are relevant are balls in the net. What on earth's the point of publishing how many kilometers ran, or pass ratios? Assists are a waste of time also because if a pass comes from the wing and a centre misses a sitter from 3 meters out then the assist is for a miss isn't it? I amiably disagree with you about statistics other than goals,

Man City will reportedly give Pep Guardiola £100million to go on a post-World Cup shopping spree in January after the Premier League champions made a net profit from transfers this summer

Pep Guardiola has reportedly been given the green light by Manchester City to splash £100million on signings in the January transfer window.

Man City are unlikely to sign any players before the current summer window closes on Thursday, despite their £104m spend being one of the lowest in recent years. They have brought in world class striker Erling Haaland, Kalvin Phillips, Sergio Gomez and Julian Alvarez in recent months.

But the money recouped from outgoings amounts to a whopping £250m since January 2022, with the sale of Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko raking in much of that total.

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Man City will reportedly give Pep Guardiola £100million to go on a post-World Cup shopping spree in January after the Premier League champions made a net profit from transfers this summer

Pep Guardiola has reportedly been given the green light by Manchester City to splash £100million on signings in the January transfer window.

Man City are unlikely to sign any players before the current summer window closes on Thursday, despite their £104m spend being one of the lowest in recent years. They have brought in world class striker Erling Haaland, Kalvin Phillips, Sergio Gomez and Julian Alvarez in recent months.

But the money recouped from outgoings amounts to a whopping £250m since January 2022, with the sale of Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko raking in much of that total.

No surprise really. Chequebook Pep will always have an advantage due to signing absolutely whoever he wants. 

Not fit to lase Klopps boots.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No surprise really. Chequebook Pep will always have an advantage due to signing absolutely whoever he wants. 

Not fit to lase Klopps boots.

Our bench against Palace:- Ortega, Lewis, Knight, Gomez, Esbrand, Gundogan, Palmer, Alvarez O.o we going to need to spend mate, must have the smallest sqaud in the league right now, a few injurys and Klopp might have half a chance 

27 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Our bench against Palace:- Ortega, Lewis, Knight, Gomez, Esbrand, Gundogan, Palmer, Alvarez O.o we going to need to spend mate, must have the smallest sqaud in the league right now, a few injurys and Klopp might have half a chance 

Did your £100m substitute start?