talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, patoriku66 said:

I'll state this expecting flack.

Is Haarland a cherry picker? He does nowt except stand in the box looking for a cross.

That being said though, he does put them away.

Put the whisky down and goto bed lad 🤣

Edited by Happy Blue

4 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

When a team can win it from midtable league postion its just a european carling cup, last season winners wouldnt of even been in the final if it wasnt for a flukey 3mins  😂 ..winning the top league in the world is all that matters and that makes you the best team in the world :hh:

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

When a team can win it from midtable league postion its just a european carling cup, last season winners wouldnt of even been in the final if it wasnt for a flukey 3mins  😂 ..winning the top league in the world is all that matters and that makes you the best team in the world :hh:

6rmv7n.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

what does LFCTs stand for? Liverpool Fan Cunts?

I really wish there wasn't this hostility between supporters and that posters would adhere to football chat, tactics and predictions etc. I really don't see the usefulness of all this abuse. Call me a prude or whatever you like and I know I don't have to read it but Orange, I've read football sense from you so why not keep it like that?

Edited by Chickasaw
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

City fell behind twice, once at home in the PL and drew with struggling Villa. They fell behind in the CL against Borussia but came back. For me City are living a little dangerously. Teams will find ways of dealing with Erling so City will have to be careful I feel.

Edited by Chickasaw

2 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

City fell behind twice, once at home in the PL and drew with struggling Villa. They fell behind in the CL against Borussia but came back. For me City are living a little dangerously. Teams will find ways of dealing with Erling so City will have to be careful I feel.

This. 

I had no doubts Haaland would be a success. My only concern for City would be that they had to essentially change the way they play to suit Haaland, which could prove costly. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

There is no way to stop Haaland, you push up and he will run in behind, he's faster than all the CB's 😂 you sit deep and he is too fast and strong for defenders to contain, he peels off them when ever he wants, you stick a high ball in 7ft in the air and he out jumps every CB, he's a freak of nature. you put too many players on him and players like De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo have too much space to punish teams. the only way you have any chance against him is to stop the ball getting to him, that's it but good luck stopping Kevin De Bruyne, Silva, Foden etc

Edited by Happy Blue

51 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

There is no way to stop Haaland, you push up and he will run in behind, he's faster than all the CB's 😂 you sit deep and he is too fast and strong for defenders to contain, he peels off them when ever he wants, you stick a high ball in 7ft in the air and he out jumps every CB, he's a freak of nature. you put too many players on him and players like De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo have too much space to punish teams. the only way you have any chance against him is to stop the ball getting to him, that's it but good luck stopping Kevin De Bruyne, Silva, Foden etc

Good points.

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I agree, there is an air of Ronaldo/Messi standard about his natural ability. He is literally like a computer built cheat mode footballer.

Tall

Extremely fast

Strong

Amazing finisher 

Good in the air

Athletic 

He has everything in a striker needed and more. He also enters a field and knows he is head and shoulders above them all as well. His self confidence is another level.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Devil said:

I agree, there is an air of Ronaldo/Messi standard about his natural ability. He is literally like a computer built cheat mode footballer.

Tall

Extremely fast

Strong

Amazing finisher 

Good in the air

Athletic 

He has everything in a striker needed and more. He also enters a field and knows he is head and shoulders above them all as well. His self confidence is another level.

Hope he keep's his ego in check, he's got that Ronaldo arrogance about him 😂  ...they interviewed him after the dortmund game and the interviewer said to him dortmund did a good job on him and he replied "they didnt, i scored"  then he was telling John Stones his goal was better🤣 

Edited by Happy Blue

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Hope he keep's his ego in check, he's got that Ronaldo arrogance about him 😂  ...they interviewed him after the dortmund game and the interviewer said to him dortmund did a good job on him and he replied "they didnt, i scored"  then he was telling John Stones his goal was better🤣 

Seen that clip, what stupid thing to say when he'd just scored the winner in the match in question.

• Upvote 1

Here's a bit of good news for City fans who are on hold with the injury to Kalvin P.  Read the Wifi page on Mike Lampkowski.  I took a young lad named Steve Tinker to Middleborough for the first UK op using the dacron ligament and both he and Mike successfully played again.  Some guy called Robson had the same thing on a shoulder problem with success so Kalvin's present injury could well benefit from the Keio Ligament (sometimes called the Leeds-Keio) which might be a good name for KP.  Mike was told that the Japanese 'inventor' had used it on Cows as an experiment and when he tried to damege the resulting fibre insert, he actually broke the Cow's leg first before the ligament.  Hope someone in charge picks up on this as a possible solution.

Edited by SchalkeUK
spelling

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Yesterday's wasn't a disastrous scoreline so you'll be ok, just a minor setback. Did wonder whether Haaland would score though. Maybe, like Kane he's good against lower teams and not so good against top teams.

Haaland could of scored 3, he had an off day with his finishing. he also set up Foden's goal that should of stood so really it was 1-1 but giving the point to Liverpool makes the league more interesting, glad we are not running away with it, who wants to see that?

24 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Haaland could of scored 3, he had an off day with his finishing. he also set up Foden's goal that should of stood so really it was 1-1 but giving the point to Liverpool makes the league more interesting, glad we are not running away with it, who wants to see that?

LiVARpool

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

"Could haves" mean nothing, the fact is he didn't. Salah "Could have" scored 3 in many games, so could Kane and any other striker in the league. It's what happened which counts not "might" and "could" and "if" and "should." They ALL mean nothing.

Yes, runaway leaders early on don't normally last the pace so I agree with you. 1-0 is never a disastrous defeat, had it been 4-0 then worries would have set in but for me, Liverpool just edged deserving to win it. Sadly I fear that's the win to kick start them proper.

Edited by Chickasaw