talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I kinda get where hes coming from but I think its unfair to voice and opinion like that and not state what can be done about the problem. Then again, Simeone has never been one to not say what's on his mind. 

• Subscriber

It's something that matters to our generation, but every football club once didn't exist, and when it started had no history. Man City are definitely different but in 30 years (probably more) nobody will see any difference between them and the clubs we consider elite and historical.

I think his quote is actually taken pretty brutally out of context, because ya know... clickbait. I think he's actually saying City are building a history for themselves with their recent spell of success. Which is true, so it's not even remotely controversial.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Good news for us and most of the Premier league clubs, but shit for the player and City. 

I'd imagine it'll be about 6 months before hes up and ready again. 

He’s supposed to be out all season, which is extra shite

Confirmed, Silva new captain for his final season, Sane out till March but close to signing an extension on the 2 years he has left, Mendy to miss the start of the season but close to returning, trains with the 1st team next week, Fernandinho lacking match fitness, likely to miss this weekends game, Laporte has slight knock but should be fit in time  ..will Cancelo play at LB??

3 new players, team could be like this for the 1st game

Ederson

Walker - Stones - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Silva (c)

Bernardo - Jesus - Sterling 

BENCH:- Bravo - Otamendi - Zinkhencko - Mahrez - Gundogan - Foden - Aguero

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Confirmed, Silva new captain for his final season, Sane out till March but close to signing an extension on the 2 years he has left, Mendy to miss the start of the season but close to returning, trains with the 1st team next week, Fernandinho lacking match fitness, likely to miss this weekends game, Laporte has slight knock but should be fit in time  ..will Cancelo play at LB??

3 new players, team could be like this for the 1st game

Ederson

Walker - Stones - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Silva (c)

Bernardo - Jesus - Sterling 

BENCH:- Bravo - Otamendi - Zinkhencko - Mahrez - Gundogan - Foden - Aguero

Why Aguero not starting?

• Subscriber

107605378_download(2).thumb.png.266f8827dc09e8d11dd84d362b4359c1.png

Leroy Sane: Man City boss Pep Guardiola expects winger to miss 'six or seven months'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola expects winger Leroy Sane to miss "six or seven months" with a knee injury.

Sane, 23, tore his anterior cruciate ligament and went off after 13 minutes of Sunday's Community Shield win over Liverpool at Wembley.

The German, who was linked with a move to Bayern Munich, is set to have surgery in Barcelona next week.

"It is incredibly bad news," said Guardiola before the champions' Premier League opener at West Ham on Saturday.

"I don't know how long he will be out. Normally this kind of injury is six or seven months - hopefully, February or March."......

FULL REPORT

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why Aguero not starting?

He could do but he's not been back training long hence why he didn't play in the shield  ..he's in my fantasy team so he better get some minutes :D  ..but, is Pep going to risk him? :35_thinking:  ..maybe :what:

21 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

107605378_download(2).thumb.png.266f8827dc09e8d11dd84d362b4359c1.png

Leroy Sane: Man City boss Pep Guardiola expects winger to miss 'six or seven months'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola expects winger Leroy Sane to miss "six or seven months" with a knee injury.

Sane, 23, tore his anterior cruciate ligament and went off after 13 minutes of Sunday's Community Shield win over Liverpool at Wembley.

The German, who was linked with a move to Bayern Munich, is set to have surgery in Barcelona next week.

"It is incredibly bad news," said Guardiola before the champions' Premier League opener at West Ham on Saturday.

"I don't know how long he will be out. Normally this kind of injury is six or seven months - hopefully, February or March."......

FULL REPORT

But, but, but German tabloids like blind arrogance said Sane was putting it on so he could transfer to a weaker team & league for less wages than his new bumper contract he could get from us :tumbleweed::rofl:

• Administrator

That is the curious thing, in Germany they were absolutely certain Sane was going to Bayern. I don't know what had been said behind closed doors to create that belief but it would have helped if Sane had come out and stated he wanted to stay. 

5 minutes ago, Batard said:

That is the curious thing, in Germany they were absolutely certain Sane was going to Bayern. I don't know what had been said behind closed doors to create that belief but it would have helped if Sane had come out and stated he wanted to stay. 

Just them trying to tap him up, like Pep has stated, Sane has not once indicated he wants to leave  ..my guess is he was trying to do what Sterling did and run his contract right down to get the most he can from us ..now, he might just have to settle for the offer we already given him, he's going to miss nearly all the season

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Probably, even though Zinc is a CM

Yeah but Pep seems to like him at LB - and since he's probably played there the most out of anyone in your squad now bar Mendy seems the logical choice until Mendy is back 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Yeah but Pep seems to like him at LB - and since he's probably played there the most out of anyone in your squad now bar Mendy seems the logical choice until Mendy is back 

Has Walker ever played LB at Spurs?  ..a lot of people think Cancelo is going to take the RB position 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Has Walker ever played LB at Spurs?  ..a lot of people think Cancelo is going to take the RB position 

Not as far as I remember, CB or RB, maybe once in CM, but never LB. Cancelo definitely should become your first choice RB, better player than Walker. 

33 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not as far as I remember, CB or RB, maybe once in CM, but never LB. Cancelo definitely should become your first choice RB, better player than Walker. 

I've not really seen much of him, Walker better learn to play on the left then xD