talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

Jude Bellingham Reveals Erling Haaland Has Completed 'Dream' Move in Making Manchester City Switch

Borussia Dortmund midfielder, Jude Bellingham has revealed in a new interview that Erling Haaland's transfer to Manchester City was his 'dream', while going on to provide an insight into what the Norwegian international is like both on and off the pitch.

Aside from the arrival of one of the most clinical goalscorers in world football, another aspect that excites the Manchester City supporters about Erling Haaland’s signing is that fact that he has shown plenty of signs of being a boyhood fan of the club.

Due to the former RB Salzburg forward’s father’s time on the blue side of Manchester, the now-star striker has been pictured in City’s kits as a youngster, as well as in attendance at the Etihad Stadium on several occasions.

Jude Bellingham, who is known to have shared a close relationship with the Norwegian international at Borussia Dortmund, has revealed his happiness for his now former teammate is fulfilling a personal dream in joining Pep Guardiola’s side.

“I spoke with him (Erling Haaland) after it was announced and told him I was really happy for him, that he was able to fulfil the next step of his journey and his dream as a footballer”, he mentioned in an interview with Tom Roddy of the Times.

Manchester City are expected to be beaming after the England international’s revelation, who also gave an insight into what it is like to share both the dressing room as well as the pitch with the 21-year old.

Jude Bellingham continued, “Obviously, he’s a brilliant player, but also a brilliant lad, and that’s one of the things I will miss the most — the vibe he brings to the changing room, the way he is with the players."

"A really good character to have, a winner. (Manchester) City are really lucky to get a player like that."

"If you look at the way he impacts games with his goals and even when he doesn’t have the ball, when teams play against him, they drop five or ten yards deeper, so it gives players like me the time to be expressive. Playing with him is really fun and I’m going to miss it next year.”

Jude Bellingham’s overwhelmingly positive feedback about Erling Haaland is only going to add to the buzz amongst the Manchester City fans about the acquisition of a certified generational talent to their side.

Fun fact :hh:

1. Erling Haaland – 87

Erling Haaland will leave the German Bundesliga with the best minutes per goal ratio ever. He scored a goal every 87 minutes in the league. It just goes to show efficient the Norwegian was while playing for Borussia Dortmund. He also the only player to have a minutes per goal ratio of less than 90 minutes.

He scored 61 goals in merely 66 overall appearances in the Bundesliga. The 21-year-old also made 19 assists, which takes his overall goal contribution to 80 in 66 matches. Those are simply incredible numbers for someone who is yet to hit his peak. 

1. Cucurella - very likely now, lots of sources say it is close to completion with a fee in the region of £35 mil which isn't awful.  

2. Phillips - said to be the second priority of the season for the city board. Personally think this would be a good deal as Rodri backup but likely to cost £45 mil, cheaper than the alternatives city have been linked with. Just cant really get excited about it for some reason.

Other positions touted: winger and right back.

Would love Reece James as Walker successor but highly unlikely.

Laeo seems to be strongly linked if sterling departs, have heard that it could cost around £100m which is a rip off.

Thoughts on Peps formation for next season?

4-3-3

Ederson 

Walker Stones Dias Cancelo 

Bernardo Rodri KDB 

Mahrez Haaland Foden. 

3-5-2

Ederson 

Walker Dias Laporte 

Cancelo Bernardo Rodri KDB Cucurella

Haaland Alavarez 

With the 3-5-2 you could play Haaland up front with Alvarez or have Haaland and CAM like grealish/foden/kdb in behind him.

Can play wingers or fullbacks in the wide positions dependent on the game 

43 minutes ago, Waylander said:

£35 million seems very cheap  for Cucurella I would have thought £50m.

according to my reliable sources inside city this is the sort of price range, originally believed to be about £30m with a deal thought to be achievable at £35m although could rise up to the £40m mark.

There is also a second signing confirmed (not cucurella or Phillips) although I am unable to share further info on this topic

On 29/05/2022 at 15:10, Happy Blue said:

Anyone know much about this kid? looks phenomenal 👌 

20220529_102641.jpg

Looks like a fantastic player, city have been scouting him for some time according to my sources. Excellent positional play, strong, powerful, capable dribbler and able to play rw and cf

• Administrator
Just now, tomtom said:

Looks like a fantastic player, city have been scouting him for some time according to my sources. Excellent positional play, strong, powerful, capable dribbler and able to play rw and cf

They've been scouting their own player?