talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fikayo Tomori Joins AC Milan

• Administrator

Currently on loan, scored against Juve at the weekend. Milan want to make it permanent.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ac-milan-pioli-sign-chelsea-defender-tomori-permanent-deal/4gb938vf6n4316wemsmeafkq6

The Italian head coach says the Rossoneri will take up their option to buy the English centre-back at the end of the season

Stefano Pioli has confirmed AC Milan want to sign Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori on a permanent deal.

Tomori moved to Milan on loan in January after falling down the squad pecking order at Stamford Bridge, and has since rediscovered his best form at San Siro.

The 23-year-old played a starring role once again as the Rossoneri beat arch-rivals Juventus 3-0 in Serie A on Sunday, with Pioli revealing after the game that the club intends to exercise their £26 million ($37m) purchase option on the centre-back.

"We want to buy Tomori on a permanent deal from Chelsea," the Milan boss told reporters. "Our intention is clear and also Fikayo's decision (staying at Milan). We'll see what happens at the end of the season."

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge for Milan this qualification, the quality of players they will be able to attract this summer whether it's on loan or buy will be a huge upgrade as well. 

Really glad their back to be fair. 

That deal is good for both sides as Chelsea are overloaded with young players and defensive options. They probably won’t give him a shot but Marc Guehi has been incredible at Swansea, wish we had loaned him instead of Ampadu ffs.

Think this is poor from Chelsea. Silva might have one more season in him, but when he goes they are left with Rudiger, Zouma & Christensen. No way Tomori isn’t good enough to be getting a look in there. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Think this is poor from Chelsea. Silva might have one more season in him, but when he goes they are left with Rudiger, Zouma & Christensen. No way Tomori isn’t good enough to be getting a look in there. 

He is, but Lampard, for w/e reason, sidelined him and with Milan's option to buy I don't think Tuchel has a choice. We're linked with Lacroix from Wolfsburg who I hear is a similar player.

Zouma is nailed on leaving. 

So Tomori and Abraham to go, most likely Loftus-Cheek as he keeps getting loaned out? At the beginning of the season I said Chelsea's academy players bar 1 or 2 won't make the first 11 now the big signings have come in. Currently left with Mount and James with CHO seemingly on the bench?

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

So Tomori and Abraham to go, most likely Loftus-Cheek as he keeps getting loaned out? At the beginning of the season I said Chelsea's academy players bar 1 or 2 won't make the first 11 now the big signings have come in. Currently left with Mount and James with CHO seemingly on the bench?

We have Christensen and then Gilmour who will likely be loaned out. 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Neither are academy players though are they?

Christensen is an academy graduate and Gilmour played for our academy and development squad before being promoted to the first team. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Christensen is an academy graduate and Gilmour played for our academy and development squad before being promoted to the first team. 

Strenuous, Gilmour will always be a Rangers product

22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ok, so then say youth products and not academy players? 

Same shit is it not? Point was Chelsea had a load of academy players coming through, actual grown academy players, not 16 years olds signed from other academies, who are decent and it looks like 2 are already getting pushed out now the big money spendings coming back

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

He is both. It isn't either/or

Either

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Same shit is it not? Point was Chelsea had a load of academy players coming through, actual grown academy players, not 16 years olds signed from other academies, who are decent and it looks like 2 are already getting pushed out now the big money spendings coming back

Either

So he never went to the Chelsea academy, only the Rangers one? Come on mate, don't be ridiculous. So you'd say that John Terry was never at the West Ham academy because he spent more time at Chelsea?

Just now, Spike said:

So he never went to the Chelsea academy, only the Rangers one? Come on mate, don't be ridiculous. So you'd say that John Terry was never at the West Ham academy because he spent more time at Chelsea?

I think it's disingenuous to state that a 16 year old is the product of an academy he's been at for a year or two, seeing as he spent about 7 years at Rangers. Buying out other clubs top talents and parading them as your own is sad. Same as when Liverpool done it with Sterling.

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

No, it isn't. 

An academy player is someone who played in the actual academy. A youth product is a player considered nurtured by the club. 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think it's disingenuous to state that a 16 year old is the product of an academy he's been at for a year or two, seeing as he spent about 7 years at Rangers. Buying out other clubs top talents and parading them as your own is sad. Same as when Liverpool done it with Sterling.

Neither Spike nor I made that claim. You did. 

Just now, Danny said:

I think it is an arbitrary distinction. Who actually cares? He went to the academy at both, people change all the time. It's not like he stopped improving and was done like a cake is done when you take it out of the oven

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

No, it isn't. 

An academy player is someone who played in the actual academy. A youth product is a player considered nurtured by the club. 

Neither Spike nor I made that claim. You did. 

Very obvious they mean the same thing in conversation

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think it is an arbitrary distinction. Who actually cares? He went to the academy at both, people change all the time. It's not like he stopped improving and was done like a cake is done when you take it out of the oven

Academies care when they get fleeced by bigger clubs for their players

Just now, Cicero said:

No. They don't. They are completely different in terms of their definition. 

Way to pull a @Scouse_Mouse

Mate no one in the history of words has ever stopped mid conversation to say "I think you mean youth product, cos academy players is x y and z".

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Academies care when they get fleeced by bigger clubs for their players

I don't get the controversy.
Was he at the Rangers academy? Yes.
Was he at the Chelsea academy? Yes.

Bloody hell mate, you're acting like they were hard done by and they are licking their wounds because someone stole a trade secret from them. Whatever Chelsea offered was better for the Gilmour family, otherwise they wouldn't have elected to send their son away. A teenaged kid got to enter a better program, whether it be for athletics or education and talking about him like he is a project to be worked on like an inanimate object

Archived