talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Crowned as Champions

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the feeling of being super confident ever season we'd be the team to beat. 

I don't begrudge the City fans one bit, after years of shite this must seem like a fairytail at times.

Just hope their financial strength doesn't destroy our league forever, Liverpool had their era, we had our era, Chelsea had a mini era. City could realistically keep getting the best of everything because money doesn't have to be accounted for. 

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

I remember the feeling of being super confident ever season we'd be the team to beat. 

I don't begrudge the City fans one bit, after years of shite this must seem like a fairytail at times.

Just hope their financial strength doesn't destroy our league forever, Liverpool had their era, we had our era, Chelsea had a mini era. City could realistically keep getting the best of everything because money doesn't have to be accounted for. 

I don't think it's the money so much but more like how long Pep wants to stay.

The level they have achieved under him exceeds what we'd ever seen before. I'm not sure who else really get's City reaching those standards.

Just now, Lucas said:

I don't think it's the money so much but more like how long Pep wants to stay.

The level they have achieved under him exceeds what we'd ever seen before.

Yeah I agree with that but the only problem there is because they are incredible business men they will more than likely line up the next best manager to replace him. 

The recruitment of the Spanish guys from Barca a few years before Pep arrived was all planned, they knew to get them meant Pep was secure down the line. 

Clever business moves by a people who can do what they want to continue success. 

At this moment the rest of English football are enjoying the City success because its seen as a massive kick in the balls of United but another decade of this and I think people will be like this isn't a competition anymore. 

At least when we were winning it season on season it was mainly down to a great manager, this isn't just Pep regardless of what people think. 

8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

If you want to talk about fans, you know City hold the attendance record outside of wembley right? :35_thinking: lol

I bet you have that permanently ready to copy and paste :4_joy:

41 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I'm a legacy fan, kind of lost interest in football now tbh :4_joy:  ..i preferred it when we was rubbish! 

I can fully appreciate the second part of that post. 

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

I can fully appreciate the second part of that post. 

Did you never get bored of winning everything when you was good?  ..the first title was amazing, 2nd good, 5th is kind of what ever! :4_joy:

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Did you never get bored of winning everything when you was good?  ..the first title was amazing, 2nd good, 5th is kind of what ever! :4_joy:

I'm from a family of crazy United fans mate, we'd be outside Old Trafford with the thousands every night or day we'd won the title mate. 

Used to religiously buy a champions t shirt off the street sellers for every year we won it. Think there all in my mum and dad's loft somewhere. 

Champions league 2008 outside Old Trafford was the best night, been on it all day in the Trafford and spent about 4 hours celebrating outside the ground. The guy that runs his own souvenir shop next door to Lou Macari chippy brought his replica Champions league trophy out and everyone took turns lifting it up. 

Top night. 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'm from a family of crazy United fans mate, we'd be outside Old Trafford with the thousands every night or day we'd won the title mate. 

Used to religiously buy a champions t shirt off the street sellers for every year we won it. Think there all in my mum and dad's loft somewhere. 

Champions league 2008 outside Old Trafford was the best night, been on it all day in the Trafford and spent about 4 hours celebrating outside the ground. The guy that runs his own souvenir shop next door to Lou Macari chippy brought his replica Champions league trophy out and everyone took turns lifting it up. 

Top night. 

Liverpool have full kit wankers. United have full trophy wankers

Archived