talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Crowned as Champions

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Devil said:

@Happy Blue Loving how I've managed to turn the Congratulations City thread into a glory glory Man United we all danced with the Champions league trophy thread. 

Well there is not much else going on in this thread :4_joy:  ..hope we can send Aguero off with the CL winners medal, shame Silva went a season early!

On 12/05/2021 at 22:18, Storts said:

Best bit about City winning is that literally nobody cares. 

Crazy isn't it, not a single special in the papers. 

City have won the title this season and the main stream media just don't seem to give a flying fuck. 

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The statute of limitations kind of taints everything they win now I suppose. 

Exactly. 

I once heard an interview from an ex pro (can't remember who it was) that was discussing how the domestic treble City achieved seemed to have been so quickly swept under the table and barely spoken of as a special achievement. His response at the time was the whole football community, be it fans, be it media and be it fellow clubs see it as a hollow victory that only the fans of Manchester City can appreciate. Nobody is taking anything away from their fans but deep down any true football fan of any club look at it and think how have they got to where they are now........ Money, bottomless pits of money. 

And by bending the rules to suit themselves. 

These guys haven't just made building a playing squad like playing football manager with unlimited funds, they've rebuilt a club from top to bottom without it even making the slight dent in their bank balance. The best training facilities, improved the stadium ten fold from a concrete mess, brought in the best backroom staff. From top to bottom they've bought in the best so the money they've been blowing isn't just on the playing squad it's on everything. 

That's the reason United fans protest over the Glazers, people who don't know only see the transfers we've made, they haven't seen the lack investment in the facilities, they haven't seen the decline of our football stadium, they haven't taken into account how we'd be able to compete if we didn't have hundreds of millions syphoned out of our club each year to fund a families lifestyle. 

Sorry to have gone on a mini rant there, just annoys me people still hate United yet don't acknowledge what's gone on down the road is crime to the sport. 10 years from now lets see if mindsets have changed, I'd bet my last pound that they will have once City are dominating the Champions league, Premier league and Fa Cup like they have the League cup over the last 10 years. It's coming, 100% coming they are proving money can literally buy the best of everything to the point it could kill competition.

Archived