Liverpool - WDDDW

Last 3 Meetings
24/01/2021 - Man Utd 3-2 Liverpool
17/01/2021 - Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd
19/01/2020 - Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only league game I'm looking forward to now and I hope Liverpool come to Old Trafford to attack us because that defence will be there for the taking on the counter attack. 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Please win, Man Utd. Forget about Tuesday. 

Tuesday wasn't a bad result when you consider the young lads we had on the field. 

I thought they did a good job in the first half myself.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Devil said:

Tuesday wasn't a bad result when you consider the young lads we had on the field. 

I thought they did a good job in the first half myself.

I agree. Definitely made it difficult for us to break through. Took a special goal and a set piece to get what was needed. Elanga does look decent. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nah root against Chelsea. There's room for Liverpool and Leicester in the top 4.

Haha as long as we get there I don't mind.

We have Chelsea (A), Spurs (H)
Chelsea have Leicester (H), Villa (A)
West Ham have Brighton (A), 
Liverpool have Man Utd (A), Burnley (A), Palace (H)

So many different scenarios. We might only need a point, only on the basis of West Ham and Liverpool dropping any points. A Utd win today means you can only get 67pts and overtake us on GD (if we get that point). Then we only really have to worry about West Ham...

It's exciting xD 

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I know we all want to see Fabinho in midfield but can you really afford to play Rhys Williams in this one after his nightmare at OT in the cup? He wasn't great on Saturday night either

Absolutely not. Fabinho in the back line and put Milner in for Fab in the middle of Kabak is going to be out. 

Edit: Looks like we will be without Milner as well as he hasn’t recovered from his minor knock. If that’s the case I don’t know who we can replace Fab with in the middle. Might just have to gamble and put Williams in 🥴

davis is out. so that means since joining liverpool davis has had more injuries than games. also why has naby keita not just retired from football. the man is a joke. 

Liverpool look set to be without Ozan Kabak, James Milner, Naby Keita and Ben Davies for Thursday night's trip to Manchester United.

The quartet missed the victory over Southampton last Saturday due to minor fitness concerns and appear to have failed to recover in time for the Old Trafford encounter. 

With Kabak and Davies sidelined, Rhys Williams partnered Nathaniel Phillips at the heart of the defence for the 2-0 win against Saints at Anfield. 

Are Liverpool at risk of not qualifying for the Europa league?

I know there will be Liverpool fans that say they'd rather not be in it but it's pretty boring playing on league and cup games during the whole of a season as there just doesn't seem enough matches. 

43 minutes ago, Devil said:

I know there will be Liverpool fans that say they'd rather not be in it but it's pretty boring playing on league and cup games during the whole of a season as there just doesn't seem enough matches. 

I think at worst we'll be in that Europa Conference thing won't we?

48 minutes ago, Devil said:

if liverpool win the last 4 games we get 4th. but man utd giving LC the win the other day never helped. they will go full strength against us tonight. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think at worst we'll be in that Europa Conference thing won't we?

To be honest I haven't a clue what that is. :4_joy:

Some crazy new UEFA idea no doubt.

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

if liverpool win the last 4 games we get 4th. but man utd giving LC the win the other day never helped. they will go full strength against us tonight. 

It finished 2-1 to Leicester so we hardly gave them the win and if I'm honest I fully supported Ole's decision. Not because of Liverpool but because we have an important final coming up and we need our players fresh. 

12 minutes ago, Devil said:

To be honest I haven't a clue what that is. :4_joy:

Some crazy new UEFA idea no doubt.

It finished 2-1 to Leicester so we hardly gave them the win and if I'm honest I fully supported Ole's decision. Not because of Liverpool but because we have an important final coming up and we need our players fresh. 

also its better to get LC in the UCL than liverpool 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

if liverpool win the last 4 games we get 4th.

Not as straightforward as that?

If Chelsea win their 2 games (end on 70pts) and we beat Spurs (end on 69pts) - you would still need to overturn the GD over us.

So in that scenario, depends on how much we win our game vs Spurs and if you win any of your games by more than 1 goal...

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not as straightforward as that?

If Chelsea win their 2 games (end on 70pts) and we beat Spurs (end on 69pts) - you would still need to overturn the GD over us.

So in that scenario, depends on how much we win our game vs Spurs and if you win any of your games by more than 1 goal...

but you have to play chelsea so i think thats where us winning all 4 gives us a top 4 finish. well thats what i read anyway they could have miss calculated though. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

but you have to play chelsea so i think thats where us winning all 4 gives us a top 4 finish. well thats what i read anyway they could have miss calculated though. 

5 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

saw it here just now if anyone wants to fact check it be my guest but i cant be ass to do it. :D

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/05/how-winning-all-4-games-would-guarantee-liverpool-a-top-4-finish/

from that link:

• Small chance of Leicester picking up goal difference; would need big swing vs. Spurs

Not sure on the big swing needed, like I said it depends on how many games you win by more than 1 goal, if at all

If your games are all won by a 1-goal margin, you end up on +22. 

If we lose against Chelsea (again, if only one goal), ours drops to +20.

So we'd only need to win by 2 goals. 

If GD is level, it goes on goals scored. We're on 65; you're on 57

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Even if Liverpool win all their games we genuinely just need to draw vs Leicester and then beat Villa. 

Don't know if I'm missing anything? 4 points puts you on 68, Liverpool will finish on 69 with four wins. If Liverpool win their next three, you'd still be relying on Liverpool or Leicester slipping up on the last day wouldn't you?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived