talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-4 Liverpool - Thursday 13th May, 2021

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Being honest this was coming. Look at the 2 games vs Roma, they had shit load of chances. They could have had nearly 10goals over 2 legs, just today we played someone who were clinical.

Realistically, we need either Leicester to beat Chelsea or Leicester to bottle both final games. Am I right there. We can get in over Chelsea if they draw with Leicester, but we need to better their goal difference. 

Happy days. Keeps Chelsea honest and make's things exciting for the neutral.

The Chelsea Leicester game next Tuesday has taken on huge importance now, especially assuming Liverpool sweep past a relegated West Brom.

Also, important to note that Liverpool are just two goals behind goal difference now so that Salah goal at the end could end up being huge in three games time if they are level.

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Realistically, we need either Leicester to beat Chelsea or Leicester to bottle both final games. Am I right there. We can get in over Chelsea if they draw with Leicester, but we need to better their goal difference. 

Yeah, I think you're right that it's seriously unlikely unless there's some excellent bottling going on.

Still, would be very funny if it happened. Almost as funny as a side resting players for a match against us, only to lose to a side with a championship tier (at best) CB pairing!

9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Salah is unreal. He’s been all over pitch in this game too defensively and offensively, then to still have such a burst of pace and that composure in the 90th minute.

He was brilliant. The goal was his first shot if I'm not mistaken but he was involved in everything

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Win our games and we'll finish 4th

That Fred performance was the worst passing display I've ever seen from a top level footballer. I'm sick to death of seeing him holding his hand up in apology. 

That doesn't make it acceptable, he's a top level pro and he's fucking up 3 yard passes at times, not by short amounts either. 

Also Henderson, why was he so far too the left for the Salah 4th goal, he basically had an open goal to pass into. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

That Fred performance was the worst passing display I've ever seen from a top level footballer. I'm sick to death of seeing him holding his hand up in apology. 

That doesn't make it acceptable, he's a top level pro and he's fucking up 3 yard passes at times, not by short amounts either. 

Also Henderson, why was he so far too the left for the Salah 4th goal, he basically had an open goal to pass into. 

Henderson looked a great keeper at Sheffield United... but I'm not sure he's got the right stuff to be a keeper at a top club. Positioning, as you mentioned, is a bit too dodgy and at a club like United where your errors are under the magnifying glass... there's definitely a lot of room for improvement before he's ready to be a regular imo.

• Subscriber

Henderson's positioning for that 4th goal was one of the worst bits of goalkeeping I can remember seeing at this level. Still rate him in the long run and Man Utd should persist with him throughout next season at least in my opinion.

Good game at least.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived