talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-4 Liverpool - Thursday 13th May, 2021

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Henderson's positioning for that 4th goal was one of the worst bits of goalkeeping I can remember seeing at this level. Still rate him in the long run and Man Utd should persist with him throughout next season at least in my opinion.

Good game at least.

He might as well have been hugging the post for how far to his left he went. Absolutely acres of space, bet Mo couldn’t believe his luck.

Souness not being able to grasp the concept of Chelsea & Leicester both also having games to play before the last game amuses me. He really is getting more embarrassing by the week. 

I am all for players being annoyed at getting taken off, but when we have just beaten Utd at Old Trafford to keep our fight for 4th place open and you’re acting like a little brat like that towards Klopp. Fuck off Sadio, can’t be on with that. 

11 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

the gamble to play williams at CB to play fabinho in MF paid off. 

Fabinho at CB hurts our midfield too much without Henderson available. I think it's always better to play Fabinho in midfield with the skipper out - much more of a gamble making our midfield go to complete shit when every match is a cup final. Think it's better to take the risk with CBs that aren't good enough in the long run to keep Fabinho in the midfield.

If he gets injured for any of the next 3 matches, we're absolutely fucked.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fabinho at CB hurts our midfield too much without Henderson available. I think it's always better to play Fabinho in midfield with the skipper out - much more of a gamble making our midfield go to complete shit when every match is a cup final. Think it's better to take the risk with CBs that aren't good enough in the long run to keep Fabinho in the midfield.

If he gets injured for any of the next 3 matches, we're absolutely fucked.

Thankfully Williams wasn't involved a great deal. I was worried about him before the game.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Thankfully Williams wasn't involved a great deal. I was worried about him before the game.

I'm going to be honest, I think I'll always be nervous when I see he's playing for us. Which might be a bit harsh on a lad who did a pretty good job against Harry Kane... although other than the match against Spurs - he's sort of always struck me as a total liability. Which also might be a bit harsh on him because he's very young and probably nowhere near ready for as much first team football as he's received at this level. After all, it was just last season he was playing non-league football on loan.

He was probably expected to go out on loan somewhere else down the football pyramid until our injury crisis at the back put an end to that.

Long term, I don't think he'll ever be good enough - same with Phillips. But I think this season will have been really good for their development as players, Phillips might be able to play in the top flight in the future after this season - which I didn't really think before the season had started. Might be able to get a fairly decent fee from him considering he's got an extra year on his contract.

I am a bit worried though about how injury prone our defenders are (including that lad we're supposedly signing from Leipzig with the awful injury history as well) - I don't have much faith in Davies... and I do hope we're not signing Kabak long term either because I think he's also a bit shit.

But I do think we'd do well to sell Phillips while his stock's probably the highest it'll be while he's a Liverpool player. And Williams might be able to shoot for a loan a bit higher up in the pyramid than he was looking at before the season started. So decent from them.

If Konate comes in and gets a significant injury first season, then I think the club have to fucking stay away from any player who has a record of injuries. Knowing our luck he will go down within two months. 

I am not looking forward to our CB options next season being two players coming back from season ending injuries, and a new lad who has had serious injuries problems of his own. We need another person in the door, or else we will see much more of Nat Phillips next season. 

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The look on Klopp's face because someone doesn't want a bit of love for a change xD

From his own player though makes this a relatively big thing. Totally blanked. Shake of the head even, from Mane. 

Klopp has enabled Mane to win a Champions League and a League title. 

If Mane isn't happy spending the odd game on the bench then he can fuck off. That goes for any other player that thinks he's above our bench. 

Remember where you come from.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp has enabled Mane to win a Champions League and a League title. 

If Mane isn't happy spending the odd game on the bench then he can fuck off. That goes for any other player that thinks he's above our bench. 

:91_thumbsup:

Just now, Danny said:

Mane is one of the best footballers in the world, of course he’s going to be pissed off getting benched against Man Utd. Mental to expect otherwise

Pissed off of course. 

But blatantly showing disrespect to the manager and the players that just won the game?.... nah... he can pack that fucking shit in. 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Mane is one of the best footballers in the world, of course he’s going to be pissed off getting benched against Man Utd. Mental to expect otherwise

but he should also have respect for his manager and team mates that got the win. his form was poor going into the game so he was dropped. the team won and scored 4 goals so klopp got it right. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Pissed off of course. 

But blatantly showing disrespect to the manager and the players that just won the game?.... nah... he can pack that fucking shit in. 

:91_thumbsup:

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Pissed off of course. 

Players always walk off past managers when they’re pissed off about getting subbed off, it’s essentially the same thing. Mountain out of a molehill, he rejected fistbump, didn’t do anything to Klopp.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Players always walk off past managers when they’re pissed off about getting subbed off, it’s essentially the same thing. Mountain out of a molehill, he rejected fistbump, didn’t do anything to Klopp.

He acted like a dick, totally dismissed klopp and the players who were celebrating. 

Not happy... fuck off!

40 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think there’s 2 edges to this, but in the heat of the moment this is probably the most normal take.

He’s pissed off he was benched after scoring and he’d probably have liked the opportunity to have played against this United that were pretty shite at the back for longer.

If in a day or two if he’s still got an attitude then I think this:

39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He acted like a dick, totally dismissed klopp and the players who were celebrating. 

Not happy... fuck off!

is an acceptable attitude.

I get why a top player would be upset getting dropped after scoring when we’re playing one of our biggest league matches of the season. I also get that if Mane’s seriously pissed off about how Klopp’s treating him after all Klopp’s done for his career… he’s not bigger than the club and it might be the right time to replace him.

But also if you’ve got any family or friends who are Muslim, and remember Mane’s very devout, you’ve probably noticed this is a bit of an emotional time - especially for those who are more devout. And he’s already come out and talked about how tough this season has been on him emotionally. He might be a football player, but he’s only human.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think there’s 2 edges to this, but in the heat of the moment this is probably the most normal take.

He’s pissed off he was benched after scoring and he’d probably have liked the opportunity to have played against this United that were pretty shite at the back for longer.

If in a day or two if he’s still got an attitude then I think this:

is an acceptable attitude.

I get why a top player would be upset getting dropped after scoring when we’re playing one of our biggest league matches of the season. I also get that if Mane’s seriously pissed off about how Klopp’s treating him after all Klopp’s done for his career… he’s not bigger than the club and it might be the right time to replace him.

But also if you’ve got any family or friends who are Muslim, and remember Mane’s very devout, you’ve probably noticed this is a bit of an emotional time - especially for those who are more devout. And he’s already come out and talked about how tough this season has been on him emotionally. He might be a football player, but he’s only human.

I get all that mate... but for me, any player that puts his own self worth/disappointment over a massive win for the club isn't a team player. 

Klopp is a legend, will be forever. He has done so much for this club. Mane needs to pick his lip up and stop being a prick. This isn't the first time he's acted like this when things haven't gone his way.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Where was the foul? Bailly gets the ball fair and square. Momentum takes him in to Phillips but that means no tackle ever would be allowed and it really does become a non-contact sport. What was Bailly meant to do in that situation? 

Fabinho had a penalty given against him for the same thing earlier in the season. 

Taylor was shocking yesterday. He's one of the worst refs in the league. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Fabinho had a penalty given against him for the same thing earlier in the season. 

Taylor was shocking yesterday. He's one of the worst refs in the league. 

With all the rule changes that happened earlier in the season I've lost track of what's allowed and what isn't. 

Earlier in the season Diallo would have been pulled up against us because the ball brushed his hand in the lead up to a goal. I didn't even know that rule had changed xD

What was the Fabinho one? Was it the Welbeck one Gonzo mentioned? 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

With all the rule changes that happened earlier in the season I've lost track of what's allowed and what isn't. 

Earlier in the season Diallo would have been pulled up against us because the ball brushed his hand in the lead up to a goal. I didn't even know that rule had changed xD

What was the Fabinho one? Was it the Welbeck one Gonzo mentioned? 

No Welbeck was Robertson I think, it was against Sheff Utd at Anfield. It was questionable whether it was even in the area

• The topic was unpinned

Archived