talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Final - Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City - Saturday 15th May, 2021

football forum

Just now, Danny said:

But the club doesn’t spend anywhere near what Chelsea do, and they don’t spend what the top 6 do yet they’re up there. They are where they are now off of the back of a miraculous league title win, never expected to be in this position when they first came up.

Half of their team cost over 20 or 30 million pounds. this isn't some cheap cobbled together shoe string budget team. they regularly hit the 100mil spent mark

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Nice to see Top on the pitch, cannot begin to imagine how emotional this moment must be for him and his family.

I teared up when the camera panned to him after full time and when Kasper gave him the trophy. :x

For him, for Vichai, their family. It means so much more. I'm so happy for him. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, DNA said:

I still don’t get VAR, why was it not checked for the Leicester goal but it was for the Chelsea one, they need to sort it out asap.

Great to see the foxes win it though but I don’t get the inconsistencies in the use of VAR, just bin it.

It was checked I think. 

• Subscriber

Well done Leicester, I watched the last 15 minutes and let's hope now Leicester stay in the top 4 and go for the Champions Cup next season, sorry for you Chelsea lot in here as it looks like VAR was bought into play again and marginally ruled out a Chelsea goal at the death.

Imagine if this match was played in a nudist camp and someone's old fella bounced up and VAR ruled it out by a dick offside. :whistling: xD

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

That’s it. I’ve had enough. These small clubs with their fucking cheek to dare play and beat the giants of the European Super League. We need a European Super League Cup so that these bastards can’t beat the massive clubs. 

you feeling alright mate

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Well done Leicester, I watched the last 15 minutes and let's hope now Leicester stay in the top 4 and go for the Champions Cup next season, sorry for you Chelsea lot in here as it looks like VAR was bought into play again and marginally ruled out a Chelsea goal at the death.

Imagine if this match was played in a nudist camp and someone's old fella bounced up and VAR ruled it out by a dick offside. :whistling: xD

@MUFC

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Sorry what 

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Half of their team cost over 20 or 30 million pounds. this isn't some cheap cobbled together shoe string budget team. they regularly hit the 100mil spent mark

Never said it was, strange inference for you to make. Leicester generally have to sell to buy, such as spending big because they sold Maguire, Kante, Mahrez. Their success recently came out of a league title win when they were expected to simply try and stay up. They have worked hard to be where they are and to get the money that they can spend and are nowhere near a Chelsea type club who can spend £200m for the sake of it.

• Administrator

Hoping this also erases the 'bottler' tag on Rodgers and the side. Eradicated the demons of last season if they hadn't been done so already. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Hoping this also erases the 'bottler' tag on Rodgers and the side. Eradicated the demons of last season if they hadn't been done so already. 

It’s such a Twitter football reference, no time for nuanced debate, just bAnTeR

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Loved the end where Rogers looked into the stand for the owner and seen him and gave him the fist up salute with a big smile and the man's reaction looking up and saying a prayer as if to say this is for you. :x

2026495320_download(2).png.3d2b4610711c0f4b8489cf2b942664e7.png

download.png.170d4896a39e1d7f30217739ea5341eb.png

370473180_download(1).png.2ed8b484acedb16bde0972ec835b0f23.png

36 minutes ago, Danny said:

Never said it was, strange inference for you to make. Leicester generally have to sell to buy, such as spending big because they sold Maguire, Kante, Mahrez. Their success recently came out of a league title win when they were expected to simply try and stay up. They have worked hard to be where they are and to get the money that they can spend and are nowhere near a Chelsea type club who can spend £200m for the sake of it.

How is that strange? You talk about Leicester like they are a club on the brink of folding. I don’t buy that at all, they would have had investment regardless of the league win, sure it helps significantly but they were well run before that and I think a long tenure in the PL was inevitable, they’ve just gone above and beyond expectations. They make smart investments but are able to do so because they have a wealth of money to invest, not just from selling players, but from TV deals, and their owner. I don’t think that takes away from their achievements but I can’t look at a team that has a billionaire owner and think they are a down and out underdog. Granted not all billionaire owners do a good job. I think it is marvelous what they have done and a breathe of life into the sport but I don’t look at Leicester and think ‘small time’ and haven’t for years. To me at least they have proven year in and year out they belong in the top four of England’s best.  To be honest mate, I have them in a higher standard than Arsenal and Tottenham. I think all the staff and workers for every club ‘work hard’ but I think some are just better than others

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Indeed, but the drama of equalising in the 90th minute in a cup final taken away because of what? A leaning shoulder? 

Absolutely pathetic. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Goals like that being ruled out on such a regular basis is the reason VAR needs fucking off

Agree with both of you but we couldn't change the rule we've been following all season because its a final. 

I hate VAR, wish it was gone myself. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Let's hope you can keep your focus for Tuesday now. To make the next step Leicester need to be a Champions league team. 

Out of curiosity if you were offered the Fa cup but with the understanding you lost you Champions league spot would you have taken the cup? 

• The title was changed to FA Cup Final - Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City - Saturday 15th May, 2021
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, Devil said:

Let's hope you can keep your focus for Tuesday now. To make the next step Leicester need to be a Champions league team. 

Out of curiosity if you were offered the Fa cup but with the understanding you lost you Champions league spot would you have taken the cup? 

Yep.

Clubs live on silverware, and that reputation that follows comes with it. Never a chance I'd want to wait another 52 years to get to a final, let alone win the damn thing :D.

The emotion felt today vindicates that. I've not had that feeling of euphoria since winning the league. The one trophy that has historically eluded us. Nothing can replace the feeling of winning trophies and I'm glad we've got our hands on another one, let alone it being the FA Cup!

Nice to see that Leicester has consolidated its position as one of the powerhouses in english football. They´re here to stay and that´s good. 

On another note, I´m not sure if this was posted on here before. But I´m curious to hear what Chelsea fans think of this video. 

Well, as I said about 5 minutes before full time.. Congratulations Leicester

You kind of had that feeling it was not going to be our day when Schmeichel pulled off that superb one handed save from Mount, Leicester much the better team in the second half and despite our ball possession we simply didn't create anything of note.. I thought Tuchel left it far too late to bring on Harvertz and Pulisic because we lacked any creativity in the final third up until then.. 

Funny to think that we were in with a shout of possibly winning two finals and gaining a place in the CL but it's still possible despite how well Tuchel has turned us around that we could lose both finals and even slip out of the top 4 positions before the season is over, Obviously I hope we get at least 1 of the remaining two.. 

No doubt we will throw shit loads more money at our problems in the summer I should imagine.. 

Great day for Leicester fans and the club and that can't be a bad thing can it... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived