talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Final - Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City - Saturday 15th May, 2021

football forum

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Nice to see that Leicester has consolidated its position as one of the powerhouses in english football. They´re here to stay and that´s good. 

a) words I never thought I'd read as a supporter of this club

b) I really wish we are here to stay! The foundations have been laid and we're being rewarded with success now. I hope it continues and it's not a short-lived golden era.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

b) I really wish we are here to stay! The foundations have been laid and we're being rewarded with success now. I hope it continues and it's not a short-lived golden era.

Congrats! 

The Premier League title is obviously bigger but I feel this Cup title more impressive in many ways.

Whereas in 2016, it was hard to predict if the club could sustain the progress after inevitable changes in personnel, now this is not really in question. Leicester will be fine, no matter who the coach or the players are. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Except I wrote about it earlier and said it before :S

Confirmed that Stan never reads my posts.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

:x

I'm sure the emotions that man experienced yesterday are ten times more powerful than any of the ESL owners would have felt looking at their projected turnover. 

This is what football is about. Everybody quite rightly questioned his family when they took over and gave Sven Goran Eriksson a blank cheque book to buy whoever he wanted but since then they've taken the time to learn about what has worked in English football previously and are quite rightly being rewarded now. They are the bench mark for 99% of teams to follow and I include the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and other far bigger clubs in that category.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm sure the emotions that man experienced yesterday are ten times more powerful than any of the ESL owners would have felt looking at their projected turnover. 

This is what football is about. Everybody quite rightly questioned his family when they took over and gave Sven Goran Eriksson a blank cheque book to buy whoever he wanted but since then they've taken the time to learn about what has worked in English football previously and are quite rightly being rewarded now. They are the bench mark for 99% of teams to follow and I include the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and other far bigger clubs in that category.

Agree all of that. 

Looking back on the last 10 years, you could arguably put the Sven thing down to inexperience or bad judgment. The fact they've learnt from it and grown their own identity in to the club speaks volumes, though.

But even putting the football stuff aside. As a person, this must feel very deep for Top. Stepping in to his father's footsteps years before he could ever envisaged it, yet still doing everything right now as his father would have. For him and his family also involved with the club should be respected globally in and outside of the sport. Keep your values, morals, dreams, ambitions and you can achieve what you want. The distinct feeling of pride everyone involved at Leicester - be it fan, staff, player etc - has for Top, probably still doesn't meet the level that Vichai would have for his son right now. 

F75F8E12-90D4-44B4-9273-00B4482C528B.thu

I really love this result. Leicester are fucking legends.

No offence to Chelsea, it's just so great to see a club do what Leicester have done in the last decade. I wish them every success and more.

Nothing against Chelsea either but it's been a bloody long time since they had to suffer some really dark days.

I'm talking relegation's, humiliating moments at real tinpot clubs, not having a pot to piss in, the threat of admin and seeing your best players cherry picked off you etc

It's a very humbling experience going through shit like that and makes you appreciate the good moments so much more as a fan. I know I did last season.

For that reason, I'm chuffed for Leicester because they have had those tough times.

It just goes to show you as a fan you should never give up on your team, even through the painful periods because one day, it'll be your day and make everything you went through worthwhile.

Firstly congratulations to @Stan and @Dan.

I don't give a shit about the decisions against us, I was going crazy with my mates in the pub when we scored but it took me a moment to realise that it could be ruled out, not for an offside but maybe something happened elsewhere that we didn't see so after the intial euphoria of celebrating, I decided to hold back until there was confirmation and then immeditately it went to VAR and I knew then it wasn't going to count.

I don't give it a shit about the decisions though, we got what we deserved. I don't think Leicester were great, just better. Typical final really, one goal, the winning team's keeper playing a blinder, and I think if one of our players had scored a screamer and the first goal, we would have gone on to win it and everyone would be saying how great a job Tuchel has done. The first goal was key. This is not to take anything away from Leicester but it was one of those typical finals. The only thing I would say is that the period before they scored Leicester did look to take the game to us, they were on the front foot and for that they deserve credit as we failed to get going in that respect. That was the most annoying thing for me yesterday, apart from maybe a bright start, we didn't look to take the game to Leicester and play with bravery and with some balls which we have done previously in big games. We looked a bit too passive and Leicester were better in that regard and deserved to win because of that. They also controlled Werner's threat relatively well and were better tactically than other opponents we have had recently. It worries me for the Champions League final. If City control Werner, they can limit a lot of our play.

• Subscriber

The final went not far off exactly how I thought it would. I've had a feeling for a while we'd win a shit game 1-0. Cup finals are rarely good games and usually two teams playing pretty cagey stuff, which is understandable, but it is what it is. Our plan to me just looked simply to keep it tight and hope to nick something. The big players turned up. Schmeichel absolutely sensational, the save from Mount is ridiculous. Tielemans I mean what can you say, that truly is an iconic goal for us. Fofana was brilliant. Ndidi was everywhere.

I think after such a miserable year and a bit for everyone that really was just so uplifting. This season I've found for the most part just thoroughly miserable and I'm saying despite us having yet another very good season on the whole. It's been a depressing time and behind closed doors football, I don't care what anyone says, it isn't even a tenth as serious as the proper thing with crowds there, it adds a dynamic you can't quantify. I mean I know I'm biased but 90% of neutrals seem to say it as well but that goal and the ensuing celebrations just felt like over a year of frustration released. It did for me anyway. It was uplifting.

This sounds horribly cliche but it was something I picked up on on the day, and before the game in particular, but I think we just wanted it more than Chelsea. I walked down Wembley Way to the tube station as I was going and meeting some mates at a pub a couple of stops away. You saw a clear mix of both teams fans but you could only hear ours and even in the pub itself, the Chelsea fans were singing about going to Portugal. I just felt like to me that game meant a lot more to us than it did Chelsea and convinced that it's part of the reason we ended up winning.

21 hours ago, binder said:

WTF!!!! they got fans in the stadium! I cant even buy an ivory back scratcher in person and the Limeys is goin to football matches!

Most of the fans wearing blue, what does that mean?

yes, it was a test event by the FA and looking like a big success. I hope we can get into the grounds in the new season.

You do know both teams play in blue as their primary kit?

Those Leicester players are absolute legends for displaying the Palestine flag while Roman Abramovich, one of the biggest financiers of Israel’s illegal settlements of Palestinian territories, was sitting there.

Hope that criminal cunt was fuming.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Those Leicester players are absolute legends for displaying the Palestine flag while Roman Abramovich, one of the biggest financiers of Israel’s illegal settlements of Palestinian territories, was sitting there.

Uh he isn't allowed in England mate

57 minutes ago, Spike said:

Uh he isn't allowed in England mate

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He is, he had to ditch his Russian citizenship though 

He is allowed to enter the country through his Israeli citizenship than his Russian but can't get an extended visa because of the political situation between the UK and Russia.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Proud of them too. Great time to do it with the global audience.

The Palestine ambassador to the UK already wrote a letter to the club thanking them for it.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Firstly congratulations to @Stan and @Dan.

I don't give a shit about the decisions against us, I was going crazy with my mates in the pub when we scored but it took me a moment to realise that it could be ruled out, not for an offside but maybe something happened elsewhere that we didn't see so after the intial euphoria of celebrating, I decided to hold back until there was confirmation and then immeditately it went to VAR and I knew then it wasn't going to count.

I don't give it a shit about the decisions though, we got what we deserved. I don't think Leicester were great, just better. Typical final really, one goal, the winning team's keeper playing a blinder, and I think if one of our players had scored a screamer and the first goal, we would have gone on to win it and everyone would be saying how great a job Tuchel has done. The first goal was key. This is not to take anything away from Leicester but it was one of those typical finals. The only thing I would say is that the period before they scored Leicester did look to take the game to us, they were on the front foot and for that they deserve credit as we failed to get going in that respect. That was the most annoying thing for me yesterday, apart from maybe a bright start, we didn't look to take the game to Leicester and play with bravery and with some balls which we have done previously in big games. We looked a bit too passive and Leicester were better in that regard and deserved to win because of that. They also controlled Werner's threat relatively well and were better tactically than other opponents we have had recently. It worries me for the Champions League final. If City control Werner, they can limit a lot of our play.

The first opening moments where Werner was getting in behind our high line actually did have me worried. We seemed to respond fairly well but then I got increasingly worried at how much space Mount and Ziyech were finding between our defence and midfield. Despite that, and with those 2 CAMs not being able to take advantage of that space, I thought we kept our shape well and tactically were spot on. Tuchel's sides are generally quite difficult to play against, so we weren't going to have many opportunities to keep the ball the further we got up the pitch. That showed with how quickly our front players were pressured - Iheanacho especially always seemed to have at least 2 players on him, Rudiger following him around mainly.

Agree with the points about it being one goal winning it. And a special goal to boot, as well. I think Shearer said at half-time it would be one goal to win it but I never envisaged it would be such a special goal. I was more thinking it going in off the arse like Chilwell's because of how few clear-cut chances were created.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived