Kick-off 12.30

Live on BT Sport

Burnley_FC_badge.png       VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Recent Form
Burnley - WLWLL
Leeds - WLDDW

Last 3 Meetings
27/12/2020 - Leeds 1-0 Burnley
19/09/2017 - Burnley 2-2p Leeds (EFL Cup)
09/04/2016 - Burnley 1-0 Leeds (Championship)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Marcelo Bielsa deserves a ton of credit for how he's motivated this Leeds United side to continue after their top half status was assured. They were streets ahead of Burnley in that last half hour.

Would love to see what he could do with a team of world class players. 

I do wonder if he'd get the same level of commitment from them, he strikes me as a manager that gets 110% out of players who know they need to make up for their limitations. 

World class players might think its a bit much for them. 

Just now, Devil said:

Would love to see what he could do with a team of world class players. 

I do wonder if he'd get the same level of commitment from them, he strikes me as a manager that gets 110% out of players who know they need to make up for their limitations. 

World class players might think its a bit much for them. 

I think he would be fine as he has a world class reputation.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I think he would be fine as he has a world class reputation.

Not talking about him, more what he demands from the players. 

I'd genuinely love to see him at a top club to see if it would work. At 65 years of age it's highly unlikely now though. 

• The title was changed to Burnley 0-4 Leeds - Saturday 15th May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
21 hours ago, Devil said:

Not talking about him, more what he demands from the players. 

I'd genuinely love to see him at a top club to see if it would work. At 65 years of age it's highly unlikely now though. 

And to tell you the truth, he absolutely loves it here, not just the club but the area and where he lives too. 

This is now the longest he has ever spent at one club. I was worried he'd have seen it as 'challenge complete' getting us up and keeping us up but no.

Look's like he's about to sign a new contract and wants to continue evolving the team which is great news for us.

Honestly, we've had a great season and yesterday was another brilliant result. I don't know many that go to Burnley and pump them 4 zip but we're now seeing what we can do when all our personnel are available.

Important to note, last week and this week (Spurs and Burnley) are the first games this season we have been able to field Llorente at the back, Raphinha on the wing and Rodrigo up top and we're seeing the quality. Llorente especially, has made us so much more solid defensively.

On 15/05/2021 at 10:02, Devil said:

Rodrigo has been a bit of a flop for them so far this season, I wonder if he kicks on from here and he has a good second season. 

He's missed half the season with little injuries that have kept him from getting completely match fit and consistent.  He's got 6 goals now this season and they've all been class.  I think he'll be great next season.

Archived