talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Hall of Fame

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Paul Scholes could be a likely third place contender. So many titles and so many games. Yeah he regressed in his later years but he did get quite an impressive trophy haul in the process.

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Paul Scholes could be a likely third place contender. So many titles and so many games. Yeah he regressed in his later years but he did get quite an impressive trophy haul in the process.

Longevity and trophies tips Giggs

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Longevity and trophies tips Giggs

The only thing that works against him are the current allegations hes facing otherwise I'd say he was definitely a good candidate. Not like they've been proven on anything but that's just something going against him now.

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Jamie Vardy. 

Jamie Vardy, personal life aside, definitely deserves going into a premier league hall of fame. The story of his career is basically straight out of a football fairy tale.

Roy Keane, Scholes, Schmiechel, Cantona, Tony Adams, Bergkhamp, Viera are all names that could be up there next. No chance Giggs gets in next after what’s happened lately in his personal life.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

How good was Cantona really?

He was very good. I’m not necessarily judging him on ability alone though, his impact on Utd and the league was big. 

Just now, Rick said:

He was very good. I’m not necessarily judging him on ability alone though, his impact on Utd and the league was big. 

Not an expert on him but people mostly seem to talk about the type of eccentric character he was rather than how good of a player he was.

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

How good was Cantona really?

He was brilliant, tbh. He was an absolute arsehole. But he was a very very good player who helped United to their first title win in decades after making a really high profile move from Leeds, where he was viewed as a dressing room cancer despite being very talented. He was an absolutely massive player for United, not only in that season - but in the 5(?) seasons that followed.

I hate the guy, but he was a top top player.

You couldn't feasibly have a growing hall of fame without a single Man Utd player in there. 

That said if it is 4 goals a season Ryan Giggs they have to offer up I think we should skip them and go straight to Chelsea

:ph34r:

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He was brilliant, tbh. He was an absolute arsehole. But he was a very very good player who helped United to their first title win in decades after making a really high profile move from Leeds, where he was viewed as a dressing room cancer despite being very talented. He was an absolutely massive player for United, not only in that season - but in the 5(?) seasons that followed.

I hate the guy, but he was a top top player.

United won the league every season while he was there, other than when he was suspended in 94/95 for kicking the Palace fan.

5 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

United won the league every season while he was there, other than when he was suspended in 94/95 for kicking the Palace fan.

For that reason alone, he should be fired into the sun

Archived