talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Hall of Fame

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Would have thought Peter Schmeichel, Tony Adams and Patrick Vieira would have been put in. 

At least have some sort of order to having these inductions. Just seems a bit scattergun.

I expected Peter Schmeichel to be announced with Eric Cantona given the influence they had on Manchester United winning four of the first five Premier League seasons. Roy Keane deserves an omission but I expected him to be in the next batch as opposed to as early he was.

On 13/05/2021 at 13:30, Carnivore Chris said:

Matt Le Tissier

I hope he gets in - despite the lack of honours won at Southampton... I think he's definitely a legend of the league and deserves his place in this hall of fame (although I don't really get the point considering there already is a hall of fame for English football).

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope he gets in - despite the lack of honours won at Southampton... I think he's definitely a legend of the league and deserves his place in this hall of fame (although I don't really get the point considering there already is a hall of fame for English football).

He was a fantastic player and could have played for any side. I also remember the goal he scored at Ewood park when I was a kid and the whole stadium stood up to applaud him. 

Gerrard has never won a league title either(it doesn't feel like it though and he did win everything else at club level) but he's still one of the best to have played in the league and much better than some players who have won it several times.

Shearer himself only won one. But these are Premier League legends. 

6 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

He was a fantastic player and could have played for any side. I also remember the goal he scored at Ewood park when I was a kid and the whole stadium stood up to applaud him. 

Gerrard has never won a league title either(it doesn't feel like it though and he did win everything else at club level) but he's still one of the best to have played in the league and much better than some players who have won it several times.

Shearer himself only won one. But these are Premier League legends. 

I'm not sure you really need to win anything to be a legend in the league. I think you just need to be really good in the league for a sustained period of time.

Sure, it helps make the case when you can point to a shitload of honours. But if Harry Kane retires in a few years having won nothing... I still think he'd qualify as a league legend.

Get Le Tiss and Ginola in there too. Les Ferdinand and Fowler as well, probably (although I'm certainly biased with Fowler).

• Subscriber

I love all these midfielders going in before that overrated little ginger cunt. :dunce:  

Vieira has to be one of the next ones in. His loss impacted them more than Henry leaving. What an absolute beast he was. 

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived