talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom 1-2 Liverpool - Sunday 16th May, 2021

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, you can't write it can you?

That stuff just doesn't happen normally. Incredible. Makes you wonder the scenes behind the goal if fans were there.

Surely they win both games left now, you can't not after the last two games.

And here we are. Chelsea v Leicester is suddenly looking like a virtual playoff for the last spot. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

And here we are. Chelsea v Leicester is suddenly looking like a virtual playoff for the last spot. 

I can actually see Leicester going and winning that game. 

As for the game today, the front three haven't still regained that clinical touch because this game really could have been over had Trent or Gini had taken their chances better.

• Administrator

Am I reading this right?! Alisson popping up scoring a winner. xD 

As if this season wasn't crazy enough. From the sounds of it the game should have been done and dusted way before that goal anyway. Seems to have happened a lot in Liverpool games this season? Not being able to kill games off or missing several chances.

Just now, LFCMike said:

Thiago was excellent again today

Almost like a player moving to a new club, in a new country, in a new league, with no pre-season, a 2 month beginning of season injury whilst playing in a side suffering a massive injury crisis isn’t the best time to evaluate a players ability

• The title was changed to West Brom 1-2 Liverpool - Sunday 16th May, 2021
1 hour ago, Danny said:

This. Allison clearly not being impeded by the forward being there, therefore should be given as a goal. The speed in which that happens from the offside, Allison doesn’t get to it, is never even gunna make an attempt. One of those.

Agreed. So is almost every corner impediment for the keeper. Tie game this at best.  They want LFC in champions league.  

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty massive turnaround from when he first started playing regularly.

He came into the side at a pretty shit time. We'd just lost Matip for the season if I recall. The midfield was disjointed. Liverpool weren't attacking anything close to like they have been in recent games either

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, shut up said:

I mean, we scores a similar goal that was ruled out against you ,and you thought it was the right decision xD

Prove it.

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I mean, you can't write it can you?

That stuff just doesn't happen normally. Incredible. Makes you wonder the scenes behind the goal if fans were there.

Surely they win both games left now, you can't not after the last two games.

Don't underestimate how weak we are defensively at this point mate. In no game are we assured of 3 points.

12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its that Palace game at the end of the season that has me worried the most. 

Both of them are a worry with these centre halves. Both teams will just play long balls into the channels which will expose both CBs, Williams in particular

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Both of them are a worry with these centre halves. Both teams will just play long balls into the channels which will expose both CBs, Williams in particular

He does look a bit lost at sea sometimes. But, if we keep Fab in midfield and rotate that responsibility with them tracking and covering the slot along with the CBs I think we'll be fine. Salah is only getting better with each game and all we need now is Mane to score and get some confidence back. Could have happened yesterday but I'll take the trajectory we're on right now. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

He does look a bit lost at sea sometimes. But, if we keep Fab in midfield and rotate that responsibility with them tracking and covering the slot along with the CBs I think we'll be fine. Salah is only getting better with each game and all we need now is Mane to score and get some confidence back. Could have happened yesterday but I'll take the trajectory we're on right now. 

Chris Wood and/or Ashley Barnes up against those two CBs is enough to give you nightmares. I don't think the answer is moving Fabinho back though either because by and large we are dominating games in midfield again. Just got to hope the forwards and goalkeeper can keep bailing them out in these last two games

• The topic was unpinned
10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I think we've got to keep Fabinho in the midfield. Our midfield looking good again is in large part due to his presence there. Hopefully Davies or Kabak will be fit to play against Burnley because I've got much less faith in Williams putting in a decent performance than I do with Nat Phillips.

But I think of any of the CBs we might have available to play for the remaining matches this season... I'm not confident in any possible pairing not being an absolute liability for us. None are top flight standard imo, so Burnley and Palace have every chance in the world to win either match.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we've got to keep Fabinho in the midfield. Our midfield looking good again is in large part due to his presence there. Hopefully Davies or Kabak will be fit to play against Burnley because I've got much less faith in Williams putting in a decent performance than I do with Nat Phillips.

But I think of any of the CBs we might have available to play for the remaining matches this season... I'm not confident in any possible pairing not being an absolute liability for us. None are top flight standard imo, so Burnley and Palace have every chance in the world to win either match.

The plus point now is that Trent is looking lethal in the way hes playing. This means that the opposition have to worry about him getting up the field and pairing with the front-three to put crosses in or make passes. The downside, like you said, is what happens when hes out of possession but this is the way it is until this season is over. Shaqiri looked so out of it yesterday that I wasn't confident that a goal was ever going to come and with Jota out I am not sure how much of a chance we can take on the front three getting injured either.

Archived