talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-1 Sheff Utd - Sunday 16th May, 2021

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GoalooUS said:

The Reds are in-form and in need of 3 points here, while WBA have poor records against their opponent of the game.

Hi mate thanks for that, great post. I'm wanting to put a first goalscorer bet on would you suggest Romelu Lukaku, Fabien Barthez or Ned Flanders to score first?

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Sheff Utd - Sunday 16th May, 2021
  • Subscriber

The Everton conundrum. Expecting the worst and then watching your team redefine the meaning of the word 'worst'.

Scoring 2 goals at home to an already relegated team with 4 away points all season seeming like an insurmountable task probably highlights that we don't deserve to be in Europe anyway.

More likely that Sheffield United add to their lead here than us getting even a point.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Scoring 2 goals at home to an already relegated team with 4 away points all season seeming like an insurmountable task probably highlights that we don't deserve to be in Europe anyway.

Not sure if I heard that stat right but Everton have only scored more than 1 goal in a game once in their last 12 home matches!?

• Administrator

Calvert-Lewin misses from a few yards out. Ramsdale gets in the way.

Reminds me of Shevchenko missing against Dudek in 2005 CL final.

• Administrator

Wolves get a lot of stick for not really producing anything of note, but Everton can be seriously rancid at times yet don't get the same attention.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Wolves get a lot of stick for not really producing anything of note, but Everton can be seriously rancid at times yet don't get the same attention.

I can't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that Wolves get more criticism than Everton for the way they've played this season. Pretty much anyone I talk to about Everton slates the way we play. Rightly so.

Despite playing like absolute garbage there we should have scored twice. Richarlison looks more and more like he's playing to reduce his market value for a move this summer. We have no pace out wide, even from the full backs, to threaten. I wish they'd all just fuck off. Pickford and Godfrey are the only players who have been any good since about December. 

The number of managers and players we've been through just for season after season of disappointment, apathy and anger to dominate the Everton fanbase is excruciating. 45 minutes to save our season. If we can't at least scrape Europe out of this season then all we can say is that we finished a bit higher than last season whilst being an even bigger chore to watch and slipped out of the qualification spots in a season where Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal left the door wide open more than we'll see again for another decade.

Also never let it be said again in future that the Everton fans are culpable for the letdowns on the pitch at Goodison.

It's actually amazing to think there were a few games at the start when Everton went bat shit crazy in games scoring for fun. Those few games were unrecognisable to what we've seen since.

Losing to these at HT, honestly I just can't work them out. And this home form, or lack of it, is bizarre.

Only reasoning for it is Everton are set up to always play like an away team so when the onus is on them in home games to dictate play, they struggle to take the game to teams.

Having said that, Ramsdale has made some outstanding saves. Everton have had chances despite not really dominating the game so this one isn't over.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I can't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that Wolves get more criticism than Everton for the way they've played this season. Pretty much anyone I talk to about Everton slates the way we play. Rightly so.

Despite playing like absolute garbage there we should have scored twice. Richarlison looks more and more like he's playing to reduce his market value for a move this summer. We have no pace out wide, even from the full backs, to threaten. I wish they'd all just fuck off. Pickford and Godfrey are the only players who have been any good since about December. 

The number of managers and players we've been through just for season after season of disappointment, apathy and anger to dominate the Everton fanbase is excruciating. 45 minutes to save our season. If we can't at least scrape Europe out of this season then all we can say is that we finished a bit higher than last season whilst being an even bigger chore to watch and slipped out of the qualification spots in a season where Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal left the door wide open more than we'll see again for another decade.

Also never let it be said again in future that the Everton fans are culpable for the letdowns on the pitch at Goodison.

Maybe we talk in different circles or just my perception. You're both shit :ph34r:

Jesus, this is painful. Got no idea have they Everton here.

They would have been better off just pumping the ball in the box all 2nd half and hoping it falls nicely. That said, the delivery has been next to rubbish anyway.

Very very strange how they will reflect on this season. Better points haul than last year so they have improved on paper, and yet you feel like the Everton forums are going to go into meltdown.

• Subscriber

I can't even be arsed. I don't have the words to express my frustration, anger and embarrassment at that performance and this club over the past decade, and there aren't enough hours in the day for me to type it all out. I can't remember the last time I actually liked an Everton team. What a pointless waste of time it is supporting us. For the 5th or 6th season in a row, we're going to end up out of Europe, not troubling either of the domestic cups with a squad where you can count on one hand the number of players you'd actually be arsed if they left tomorrow.

• Subscriber

I regret not backing Sheffield United. Everton are consistently useless against the absolute dross at home. Norwich won there last year, Huddersfield the year before got a point there (I remember this for LMS purposes). Everton haven't beaten 20th at home in over four years xD 

20 points now, nice for the stat-padding, keeping us away from those worst of all time lists. Jebisson only 17, could be huge in the future, we do have a history for producing top talents.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived