talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Zidane Leaves Real Madrid; Ancelotti Returns to Real

Decadent coach and decadent club reuniting in pursuit of a glory that is now part of the past. I like Carlo as a person, he seems to be a very nice guy, but this kind of appointment tend to be unsuccessful.

Ancelotti was never a great tactician to begin with, his main strenght as a coach is his personality and the bonds he builds with his players.

I mean, that was enough when Real Madrid had the best squad on earth but their present reality is totally different. 

They need to be smarter on the market to build a competitive squad and also a good coach to maximize what they have. 

Ancelotti's last three stops, at Bayern, Napoli and Everton were average at best. He may build a team good enough to win a weakened La Liga, but I doubt it will be good enough to competitive in Europe.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant really be arsed going into detail, but contracts like this are never opened and closed in a few days, this has clearly been on the cards for weeks, perhaps months in the background.

Gutted, but nobody is bigger than the club - Ancelotti included. Feels like we have taken one step forward and sixteen back the past couple of years, but we just have to go again. Dissapointed given his quotes a few weeks ago saying he wanted to stay to 2024 and beyond but again, we go again.

12 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Cant really be arsed going into detail, but contracts like this are never opened and closed in a few days, this has clearly been on the cards for weeks, perhaps months in the background.

Gutted, but nobody is bigger than the club - Ancelotti included. Feels like we have taken one step forward and sixteen back the past couple of years, but we just have to go again. Dissapointed given his quotes a few weeks ago saying he wanted to stay to 2024 and beyond but again, we go again.

I feel like Everton has never taken a step forward or backwards ever since the formation of the premier league. They are just an old piece of furniture.

Just now, Spike said:

I feel like Everton has never taken a step forward or backwards ever since the formation of the premier league. They are just an old piece of furniture.

hurr hurr look at me edgel0rd hurr hurr

Just now, Whiskey said:

hurr hurr look at me edgel0rd hurr hurr

What edginess? What the fuck have Everton done in thirty years? Placed 13th in 1992 and 10th in 2021. Congratulations

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Just over half of it is this:

At a fairly considerable loss, too. With nothing to show for it...

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

xD.

Dealing with drips.

Even if you look at your finishes in the league in the past 10 years, you've regressed.

You've gone from four out of five seasons finishing top 6, to only one in the last twelve. Three of those being bottom half...

Just now, Stan said:

Even if you look at your finishes in the league in the past 10 years, you've regressed.

You've gone from four out of five seasons finishing top 6, to only one in the last twelve. Three of those being bottom half...

Don't remember saying we hadn't. 

In fact, my post said we had.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Don't remember saying we hadn't. 

In fact, my post said we had.

Why the weird response to Spike then?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Weird response xD.

Tell you what I'm out, like talking to a group of 4 year olds. Chat amongst yourselves.

What have Everton done in the PL though, as @Spike also asked?

La Liga is done and dusted, failed with the super league, massive debts, massively declining squads, poor decisions across the board from transfers to general management.

• Administrator
Just now, Whiskey said:

Of course you are - wonder why the place is dead.

why are you being so miserable about it?

I'm genuinely not fishing or baiting. You can think that all you want. It's a genuine question.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

I wasn’t either :what:. What is so controversial about saying that everton are simply a part of the furniture?

It's clearly a touchy subject, which I can understand. But there's no baiting. And then has the nerve to criticise why the forum is dead :what:. As if that's some kind of justifiable excuse to duck out of a discussion.

Just now, Stan said:

why are you being so miserable about it?

I'm genuinely not fishing or baiting. You can think that all you want. It's a genuine question.

Think this is the 4th quote since saying I'm out. Really not sure what difficulty you're having to grasp that I've got other things to do than type up 3-4 paragraphs to entertain your posts. 

You & Spike chat amongst yourselves, what's so hard about that?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's clearly a touchy subject, which I can understand. But there's no baiting. And then has the nerve to criticise why the forum is dead :what:. As if that's some kind of justifiable excuse to duck out of a discussion.

I don’t get it. It’s not even like I was being particularly critical either but apparently it is ‘edgy’ to think that Everton have been in limbo for three decades. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Think this is the 4th quote since saying I'm out. Really not sure what difficulty you're having to grasp that I've got other things to do than type up 3-4 paragraphs to entertain your posts. 

You & Spike chat amongst yourselves, what's so hard about that?

I'm happy to wait until you have an answer to a genuine question then.

That's if there is an answer to it :) 

• Subscriber

If you're going to come into an Everton-related discussion and state records that everyone is already aware of, Everton fans more than anyone else, and maybe have a cheap dig without any actual insight, then don't complain when you don't get an insightful response in return.

Yes, Everton fans are touchy. Don't pretend that you genuinely need it explaining to you why that is. You all know fine well what you're doing, and you all know the answer to the question "what have Everton done in the last 30 years" so stop pretending that this is anything other than a poorly-veiled attempt to get a reaction out of someone. You can see in the actual Everton thread about the next manager that if you have genuine questions or insight to offer then I/we will engage in good faith.

Archived