talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Fulham - Tuesday 18th May, 2021

• Administrator

Kick-off 18.00

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png      VS     1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png

Recent Form
Man Utd - LLWLW
Fulham - LLLDL

Last 3 Meetings
20/01/2021 - Fulham 1-2 Man Utd
09/02/2019 - Fulham 0-3 Man Utd
08/12/2018 - Man Utd 4-1 Fulham

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fernandes doesn't touch that. Cavani offside. Great finish nonetheless. 

Its an odd decision, the fantasy Premier game has given the assist to de Gea, meaning they feel Fernandes didn't touch it, so why wasn' t it called offside then?

3 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Its an odd decision, the fantasy Premier game has given the assist to de Gea, meaning they feel Fernandes didn't touch it, so why wasn' t it called offside then?

Man Utd innit

6 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Lacklustre performance, they won't beat Villarreal playing like this.

Tbf, I wouldn't be surprised if your players are checked out in the league now.

You were unlikely to catch Man City in the title race, but you essentially threw in the towel with that match against Leicester. After that happened, you really have nothing to play for domestically anymore other than pride. CL is locked in and you're probably going to finish 2nd regardless of anything that happens.

There was a bit of fight in some of the players when we played you, but if I'm honest... other than Rashford (who was a bit shite, but he did look like the player who cared the most) so much of that match seemed like United's players didn't have their heads in the game after they went up from that Nat Phillips deflection. Even after we took the lead, it took a bit to wake United up - which I think is unusual for a Liverpool - United match.

And then this performance and result.

I think it's a man-management or motivation issue. I think it's hard for players who know they've "achieved their domestic goal" for the season (because I'm sure getting CL qualification was priority #1 for United) to remain focused when they've got a big final coming up and nothing else really to play for in the season.

Solksjaer's kind of between a rock and hard place though with the fixture congestion and our match being postponed. Had he not conceded the title like that, United could maybe extend their domestic motivation for a while longer (although I think realistically City would be winning that title) and you'd probably get better performances in the league for the rest of the season. But that's also putting a lot of faith in players not feeling fatigue or getting injured with a lot of matches in a short amount of time.

I suppose the big worry for United fans though is that this lack of effort in these performances might lead to a loss of momentum going into the final.

As a Liverpool fan though, I'm very much hoping that happens.

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

They have now changed it to a Fernandes assist, though I can't see that he touched it.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf, I wouldn't be surprised if your players are checked out in the league now.

You were unlikely to catch Man City in the title race, but you essentially threw in the towel with that match against Leicester. After that happened, you really have nothing to play for domestically anymore other than pride. CL is locked in and you're probably going to finish 2nd regardless of anything that happens.

There was a bit of fight in some of the players when we played you, but if I'm honest... other than Rashford (who was a bit shite, but he did look like the player who cared the most) so much of that match seemed like United's players didn't have their heads in the game after they went up from that Nat Phillips deflection. Even after we took the lead, it took a bit to wake United up - which I think is unusual for a Liverpool - United match.

And then this performance and result.

I think it's a man-management or motivation issue. I think it's hard for players who know they've "achieved their domestic goal" for the season (because I'm sure getting CL qualification was priority #1 for United) to remain focused when they've got a big final coming up and nothing else really to play for in the season.

Solksjaer's kind of between a rock and hard place though with the fixture congestion and our match being postponed. Had he not conceded the title like that, United could maybe extend their domestic motivation for a while longer (although I think realistically City would be winning that title) and you'd probably get better performances in the league for the rest of the season. But that's also putting a lot of faith in players not feeling fatigue or getting injured with a lot of matches in a short amount of time.

I suppose the big worry for United fans though is that this lack of effort in these performances might lead to a loss of momentum going into the final.

As a Liverpool fan though, I'm very much hoping that happens.

I understand we have different motivations as fans.  I want to finish second and unless Lecister drop points that could be at risk. It probably doesn't mean much to the players whether they finish second or third , like you say top four was the goal.

United haven't played well all month, so momentum has to be a worry.  They can't just turn it off and on.  I fear that the protests are having a negative affect on the players.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Fulham - Tuesday 18th May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived