talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-1 Leicester City - Tuesday 18th May, 2021

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Once you hear Timo Werner speak, you can never unsee the pigs from Shrek.

xD

I always made fun of the way he speaks too. But then I saw this video of him speaking the same way as a kid. And it kind of made me feel sorry for him. Probably got bullied it for it too. Poor Timo. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think Leicester City have blown their chance of making the Champions League next season. I am pretty sure that Liverpool will win their last two league matches this season.

They can win both of theirs and we can beat Spurs and still qualify for CL.

Just a matter of winning margins...

• Subscriber

Pretty awful throughout and only looked any kind of threat with Iheanacho on. I maintain what I said before the game, you can't go in too hard, they've achieved something no other Leicester side has this season, but to spend all bar two matchdays in around two years in the top four yet not kick a ball in the Champions League is extraordinary. I think it went tonight but in all honesty, it's the constant defeats at home to dross that's done it.

I'm still not quite having this system. We look nowhere near as good going forward in it. I really don't think it's our best system.

I definitely think having a crowd there made a significant difference tonight and I just hope that the same can be repeated tomorrow at Burnley, and on Sunday at Leicester and Aston Villa.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

xD

I always made fun of the way he speaks too. But then I saw this video of him speaking the same way as a kid. And it kind of made me feel sorry for him. Probably got bullied it for it too. Poor Timo. 

I actually think he has a bit of charisma about him you know.

He's engaging and kinda likeable how he comes across as a person, not boring to listen to in the slightest like some.

But still... xD

1 hour ago, Stan said:

They can win both of theirs and we can beat Spurs and still qualify for CL.

Just a matter of winning margins...

Yes, that's true, but Leicester City still have the tougher match. I wish you luck though against Spurs, but I see it as being a very difficult encounter. I hope you beat them.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Yes, that's true, but Leicester City still have the tougher match. I wish you luck though against Spurs, but I see it as being a very difficult encounter. I hope you beat them.

I don't.

Good luck Spurs.

7 hours ago, Michael said:

I think Leicester City have blown their chance of making the Champions League next season. I am pretty sure that Liverpool will win their last two league matches this season.

Chelsea aren't guaranteed yet either. They still have to beat Aston Villa. I think everyone is assuming that all three sides will win their remaining games but it probably won't be the case

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Chelsea aren't guaranteed yet either. They still have to beat Aston Villa. I think everyone is assuming that all three sides will win their remaining games but it probably won't be the case

I can imagine Burnley beating you tonight but then us screwing up the chance on Sunday to lose against Spurs while you beat Palace :dash3:

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I can imagine Burnley beating you tonight but then us screwing up the chance on Sunday to lose against Spurs while you beat Palace :dash3:

I'm certainly not confident that we'll beat Burnley tonight. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Don't want to tempt fate because I obviously want Leicester to make Champions league but Burnley will want to win in front of their support for the first time in 15 months. 

That's going to be extra motivation for the players. 

It all rides on tonight for Liverpool though for me, beat Burnley a home fixture against Palace in front of the Liverpool faithful. 100% they win that match for me. 

• Administrator

Can someone enlighten me as to why only Amartey got booked last night? What did he do that was worse than anyone else in the melee? 

It's not like he was the only sub (on either side) that got involved? And it's not like any player already on the pitch (on either side) was innocent either.

I legit can't work it out.

45 minutes ago, Devil said:

Don't want to tempt fate because I obviously want Leicester to make Champions league but Burnley will want to win in front of their support for the first time in 15 months. 

That's going to be extra motivation for the players. 

It all rides on tonight for Liverpool though for me, beat Burnley a home fixture against Palace in front of the Liverpool faithful. 100% they win that match for me. 

Agreed

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can someone enlighten me as to why only Amartey got booked last night? What did he do that was worse than anyone else in the melee? 

It's not like he was the only sub (on either side) that got involved? And it's not like any player already on the pitch (on either side) was innocent either.

I know. Match should have been abandoned and points deductions for both teams

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Rudiger, Soyuncu & Ricardo were luck not to go in the book as well. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I am not confident about both our games tbh. You just cant tell which team is going to show up on the day and all I am hoping is Alisson is in prime form because Burnley are certainly going to bypass our midfield a lot.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Rudiger, Soyuncu & Ricardo were luck not to go in the book as well. 

Rudiger yes for the push on Ricardo (3rd time he'd done it in the match).

Ricardo yes for the tackle on Chilwell.

Soyuncu not sure? Must have missed what he did.

Ndidi was lucky to escape a 2nd booking, he seemed to get quite involved in the fracas. Thiago Silva perhaps as well?

• The topic was unpinned
14 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I am not confident about both our games tbh. You just cant tell which team is going to show up on the day and all I am hoping is Alisson is in prime form because Burnley are certainly going to bypass our midfield a lot.

It was an easy win for Liverpool in the end against Burnley. Liverpool have been in very decent form recently and they have a lot to play for. I very confident that Liverpool will win their final home match at Anfield, against Palace. Liverpool are the better side, they are at home and they have a lot riding on the match, whereas Palace don't really have much to play for.

Archived