talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stuttgart's Silas Wamangituka Voted BL Rookie of the Season

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Stuttgart's Silas Wamangituka Voted BL Rookie of the Season
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Well deserved, an exciting player. Stuttgart will probably find it hard to keep him, unfortunately. 

There is a lot of young talent in Stuttgart and it would be a shame to see them poached before they get a chance to gel.  I thought Sosa was very good, too.

• Subscriber
Just now, Coma said:

There is a lot of young talent in Stuttgart and it would be a shame to see them poached before they get a chance to gel.  I thought Sosa was very good, too.

Sosa, Kalajdzic, Wamangituka were the standouts for me this season. The first two will probably be gone in the summer, Wamangituka might stay for one more season, if I had to guess. Weird to say this, but his injury might actually work out well for Stuttgart.

Media over here making a big deal out of Jesse Marsch being appointed as a Bundesliga coach.  No one acknowledging Matarazzo as being American and the fantastic job he's done there.

• Administrator

Might sound hipster-y but I remember watching him in 2.BL and enjoyed watching him. A lot. You could tell he had serious potential and he's fully deserving of this award.

Just now, Stan said:

Might sound hipster-y but I remember watching him in 2.BL and enjoyed watching him. A lot. You could tell he had serious potential and he's fully deserving of this award.

Yeah, well I was a Wamangituka fan when he was still in nappies.

• Administrator
Just now, Coma said:

Yeah, well I was a Wamangituka fan when he was still in nappies.

I think I mis-remembered earlier.

I was actually a fan of his parents and told them to get going and in about 20 years time, they'll have a real talent to be proud of.

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sosa, Kalajdzic, Wamangituka were the standouts for me this season. The first two will probably be gone in the summer, Wamangituka might stay for one more season, if I had to guess. Weird to say this, but his injury might actually work out well for Stuttgart.

I was very impressed with Gonzalez and Coulibaly in the first half of the season but they both tailed-off.  Injuries?  There were lots of discussions last summer about Leeds being in for Gonzalez so I paid a lot of attention.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think I mis-remembered earlier.

I was actually a fan of his parents and told them to get going and in about 20 years time, they'll have a real talent to be proud of.

:ph34r:

I remember young Silas back in the day when I was teaching at Kinshasa Highschool. He was always a very active kid, and young Djuma and Ngonda always has their troubles keeping up with him. 

•  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I remember young Silas back in the day when I was teaching at Kinshasa Highschool. He was always a very active kid, and young Djuma and Ngonda always has their troubles keeping up with him.

You sound like @SchalkeUK :P 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Coma said:

I was very impressed with Gonzalez and Coulibaly in the first half of the season but they both tailed-off.  Injuries?  There were lots of discussions last summer about Leeds being in for Gonzalez so I paid a lot of attention.

Gonzalez is a great player, but very injury prone indeed... Stuttgart did well to have equally good replacements for him, though. I wonder if he stays in the club next season; losing both him and Kalajdzic would surely be a huge blow.

Archived