football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Crocodile. Tasted like chicken.

Approved.

Why is it that all unusual meat seems to taste like chicken? xD I ate frog legs once, also tasted like chicken, maybe a tiny bit sweeter.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Why is it that all unusual meat seems to taste like chicken? xD I ate frog legs once, also tasted like chicken, maybe a tiny bit sweeter.

Yep! Same with rabbit xD. Tastes and looks like chicken!

I once took one of my old girlfriends to an Italian restaurant for a meal and after consuming a fair amount of alcohol prior to arriving we were both in our 'happy place' when we ordered and not ever having eaten Italian before I didn't know what to expect, anyway, we carried on drinking ( as you do ) and at some point during the meal they put a bowl down with what I now know to be Guacamole and a couple of wafers either side of it.. In my semi drunk state I took one look at it and said to her " Ohh look choc chip Ice cream" and I promptly shovelled a load of it onto one of the wafers and stuffed it straight in my mouth... Well, you can imagine my surprise once I got a taste of that... xD

I blame the restaurant lighting... It might not be weird for some but it's the weirdest thing I have ever eaten and no I didn't like it.. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep! Same with rabbit xD. Tastes and looks like chicken!

On the other hand, I also tried deep fried grasshoppers once and they absolutely didn't taste like chicken xD 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I once took one of my old girlfriends to an Italian restaurant for a meal and after consuming a fair amount of alcohol prior to arriving we were both in our 'happy place' when we ordered and not ever having eaten Italian before I didn't know what to expect, anyway, we carried on drinking ( as you do ) and at some point during the meal they put a bowl down with what I now know to be Guacamole and a couple of wafers either side of it.. In my semi drunk state I took one look at it and said to her " Ohh look choc chip Ice cream" and I promptly shovelled a load of it onto one of the wafers and stuffed it straight in my mouth... Well, you can imagine my surprise once I got a taste of that... xD

I blame the restaurant lighting... It might not be weird for some but it's the weirdest thing I have ever eaten and no I didn't like it.. 

Have you tried it again, or was that one time enough? xD I quite like guacamole, definitely a weird taste though.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Have you tried it again, or was that one time enough? xD I quite like guacamole, definitely a weird taste though.

No just the once.... never look back I say xD

On the other hand, I also tried deep fried grasshoppers once

:o And you pour scorn on a good old chip butty?? 

Grasshopper sandwich or a  chip butty??? Mmmmmm now let me think? which one shall I choose... 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It wasn't last week mate.... 

I know. But visiting a restaurant with a gf (drinking) I assume you were at least a teenager. How on earth did you not stumble across Italian food before. :52_fearful:xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

No just the once.... never look back I say xD

:o And you pour scorn on a good old chip butty?? 

Grasshopper sandwich or a  chip butty??? Mmmmmm now let me think? which one shall I choose... 

xD 

My curiosity just gets the better of me most of the time... As a result, I have tried quite a lot of weird stuff over the years xD Would definitely choose a chip butty over grasshoppers, I'll give you that xD Although they weren't even that bad, very crunchy and well seasoned, but can't be bothered with all that leg shite xD 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I know. But visiting a restaurant with a gf I assume you were at least a teenager. How on earth did you not stumble across Italian food before. :52_fearful:xD

Yes I was a teenager but do you think I was brought up in the Royal Palace or something??? xD Italian Restaurants were not top of my 'must do' list back then.. 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Yes I was a teenager but do you think I was brought up in the Royal Palace or something??? xD Italian Restaurants were not top of my 'must do' list back then.. 

I see. And well, considering Mussolini was Prime Minister of Italy when you were a teenager, I assume Italian things were frowned upon anyway. :35_thinking:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

How much meat can there be on a grasshopper's leg?? xD

None, but you have to pull the legs and wings off before you eat the rest of the body, and that's a bit annoying xD not as annoying as it getting stuck between the teeth though, mind you xD 

None, but you have to pull the legs and wings off before you eat the rest of the body, and that's a bit annoying xD not as annoying as it getting stuck between the teeth though, mind you xD 

Well, no goodnight kisses for you on grasshopper night then... B|

Also on Marmite night... 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Well, no goodnight kisses for you on grasshopper night then... B|

Also on Marmite night... 

Still haven't tried that... 

Archived