talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Weirdest Food You've Ever Eaten

football forum

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Haven't had liver for years as the wife can't stand looking at it let alone cook it for me. O.o

Time to fire up that pan John and start cooking some liver yourself. It is rather tasty and I do enjoy it on toast or in a curry with other pieces. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, nudge said:

Serious question, don't you eat liver in the UK? Not even liver pate or liver sausage? 

Actually my mum would always cook liver once a week when I was a child, I can remember it used to always fall on the night Bravestar was on kids TV. 

I didn't mind it to be fair but it wasn't my favourite dish. 

Never had liver sausage either but will have had liver pate at some point. 

• Subscriber

Scottish haggis with chips and even some fried turnip with it, beautiful, the wife does not like haggis because it's sheep's inners.

A Scottish breakfast of eggs, toast, potato bread, black pudding, haggis, sliced square sausages, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms & beans, every now and then I would pop in the local pub called The Foot of the Walk and order that washed down with a pint of tenants lager, it's opened up again as with the easing of the Covid restrictions, I will be in there come this Saturday with the wife,  :hh:

download.png.888c7b5da20b533e165b21dd805e2f40.png

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Had minced beef on toast in New Zealand and it's tasty you know

Minced lamb (keema) in a toasted sandwich is delicious.

Liver pate is pretty easy to find in the UK - not as a regularly eaten food but as a a treat. In Denmark they have leverpostej which is eaten more just as a normal sandwich spread, as opposed to a luxury food. 

As for myself, by other peoples’ standards, Haggis is probably the weirdest food I’ve eaten. It has sheep lung and heart, which are pretty unusual, but really it’s just like a big, loosely-textured sausage. 

• Subscriber
On 22/05/2021 at 23:02, Inverted said:

As for myself, by other peoples’ standards, Haggis is probably the weirdest food I’ve eaten. It has sheep lung and heart, which are pretty unusual, but really it’s just like a big, loosely-textured sausage.

Love my Haggis and I prefer it rolled, funny as I mentioned before the wife won't touch Haggis because it's sheep's inners and she put me off Haggis for years until I tried it once with turnip at a works canteen and that was me, a Haggis lover ever since.

Rolled Haggis

download.png.3dfbec366320f6587e2ce1f53557f662.png

Archived