talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things That Should Be Banned

football forum

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Install adblocker, it will solve all your problems...

I've got adblocker but some of the sites videos don't run without you turning it off. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you're going to be going on those streaming websites, you've got to get yourself a decent adblock and anti-virus because the risk of malware from those sites is incredibly high.

Apple Mac mate, built in antivirus. 

Had two over the years and never had an issue with either. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Devil said:

I've got adblocker but some of the sites videos don't run without you turning it off. 

Apple Mac mate, built in antivirus. 

Had two over the years and never had an issue with either. 

then use it in tandem with a script blocker like ublock origin

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

“I hate the American TV Model”

”Well the UK model is shit, just look at the Australian model”

Great Chat.

Congratulations, you got it!

Betting apps.

I like a bet for a bit of fun, but I'm also in control of it. I know my limits.

Unfortunately, not everyone is the same.

And I feel for those that dig themselves a hole and self destruct, getting themselves into big bother.

It's just too easy these days for people to join up and become addicted from the comfort of their sofa, especially with so many promotional offers.

They are only feeding the problem.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

It's such a shame. It could have been used for so much more than it is.

I'd say it has already done a lot by denting the narrative of mainstream media. There are some major imperfections that can be curbed if tech giants are willing to do so. 

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

Betting apps.

I like a bet for a bit of fun, but I'm also in control of it. I know my limits.

Unfortunately, not everyone is the same.

And I feel for those that dig themselves a hole and self destruct, getting themselves into big bother.

It's just too easy these days for people to join up and become addicted from the comfort of their sofa, especially with so many promotional offers.

They are only feeding the problem.

Bit of a self confession here I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to gambling, not to the point I'd blow my life savings but I've had to self exclude from every betting app I've ever downloaded because I could feel myself losing control. 

I agree there is more control to going to the bookies, you go in with your money, you place a bet and then your gone. The app is always there and to easy to access and you have a range of leagues and in play betting you can bet on. I found myself betting through the day at work on some of the most obscure leagues around the planet, at first I'd have a bit of success and then I'd get greedy and lose my winnings. 

You know you've got to call it day when your betting on the virtual football matches in between matches and that's where I've been at times. 

10 hours ago, McAzeem said:

I'd say it has already done a lot by denting the narrative of mainstream media. There are some major imperfections that can be curbed if tech giants are willing to do so. 

Not really, it's just another tool for the mainstream media

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Not really, it's just another tool for the mainstream media

Mainstream media now has to incorporate some voices of people because of it. Look at the recent Israel-Palestine escalations, never seen this change of narrative around it, social media is a big part of it. 

On 20/05/2021 at 05:44, DeadLinesman said:

“I hate the American TV Model”

”Well the UK model is shit, just look at the Australian model”

Great Chat.

Mate you lot must pay a license to use your tv, hilarious!

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

Mate you lot must pay a license to use your tv, hilarious!

I’ve seen Australian TV. Now THATS hilarious. Hilariously bad. You cunts are about 25 years behind the rest of the world when it comes to entertainment :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve seen Australian TV. Now THATS hilarious. Hilariously bad. You cunts are about 25 years behind the rest of the world when it comes to entertainment :ph34r:

This but minus The Block, The Block is the single greatest renovation programme in the woorrrrlld

59 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Aren’t you lot still watching Neighbours from the 90s?

On 18/05/2021 at 12:32, CaaC (John) said:

All governments should make it a law that companies like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc should have their contents vetted before being published to stop fucking idiots like Donald 'Duck' Trump from posting shit glorifying himself. :coffee:

Agree with that, though that costs money for them, which they can't be arsed to spend to do that. 

On 18/05/2021 at 13:00, CaaC (John) said:

Imagine if they did ban booze, walk into a pub and ask for "A pint of lemonade, please". xD

I've done that. :(

In my defence, I was the driver. 

On 18/05/2021 at 18:02, DeadLinesman said:

Cunts that sit in the cinema twiddling with their phones or having a chat with their mate. Just fuck off you absolute wankbangles. Stay at home, talk to your hearts content and post your selfies on Instagram whilst LETTING ME WATCH THE FILM IN PEACE AND QUIET YOU FUCKING MUGS.

Fully agree with this. If you pay to watch the film, turn your phone off for a couple of hours you muggy cunts. 

On 18/05/2021 at 18:09, CaaC (John) said:

Or cunts walking along talking on their mobiles and not looking where they are going, crash into you and look at you as if to say "Watch where you are going, mate..."

STICK YOUR MOBILE UP YOUR ARSE WHEN WALKING ALONG TALKING MORONS.

Yeah, that's annoying. I'd ban those who put the speaker on their phones when talking to someone. I don't want to hear your conversation, cuntbag. 

On 19/05/2021 at 16:21, DeadLinesman said:

The American model is fucking shite. 85000 adverts every 3 minutes? No thanks.

I remember watching an episode of The Simpsons out there. Considering its about 25 minutes or so for an episode, they had two lots of ad breaks during the episode. Ridiculous. 

However, I do agree with @Spike in that paying to just watch TV at all is ridiculous (I thought it was just BBC, but looking at it more, it seems to be for more than that unless I misread it). 

On 19/05/2021 at 21:03, Viva la FCB said:

Social media. Take instagram, facebook, tiktok whatever the fuck the kids are on now and fire them and their creators into the sun. 

Social media is both good and bad to me.

Good in that it can easily highlight the shit that happens by cunts from all angles and make it viral in an instant, meaning there's less place to hide what has happened. 

Bad in that cunts can hide behind an anonymous profile and basically hurl all sorts of abuse and hatred while the companies themselves do the square root of fuck all to stop it, creating a toxic platform. It's why I've refused to sign up to Twitter and most of the others. 

• Subscriber

Bans fuckers with skateboards using them on footpaths, walking along and some 40-year-old fucker with earphones in listening to music  and nearly knock you flying, and bikes on footpaths AND these new mobile scooters zooming along on footpaths, standing on them as if to say "Look, I am Lewis Hamilton on my new scooter..." FUCK OFF AND USE THE ROAD AND GET KNOCKED FLYING BY SOME YOUNG KID USING A BIKE.

• 3 months later...

Honourary degrees (specifically ones given to celebrities). Headline-chasing universities proudly handing out degrees to reality stars or whatever who haven't done any work towards it is sickening. Universities like to portray themselves as free-thinking educational institutions, which most people seem to buy, but in reality they're attention-seeking cut-throat businesses. 

• Subscriber

BAN FUCKING DIETS!!!!

There is me on a diet and watching our son the other night eating a big mac and chips looking at me with a big smile on his face as if to say "This tastes beautiful you old fart..."

:x  🥰

download.png       

• Administrator
7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

BAN FUCKING DIETS!!!!

There is me on a diet and watching our son the other night eating a big mac and chips looking at me with a big smile on his face as if to say "This tastes beautiful you old fart..."

:x  🥰

download.png       

Or just don't watch your son eat :ph34r:

Archived