talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-2 Aston Villa - Wednesday 19th May, 2021

• Administrator

Kick-off 18.00

Live on Sky Sports

e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg       VS     1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

Recent Form
Tottenham - WLWLW
Aston Villa - LDLWD

Last 3 Meetings
21/03/2021 - Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham
16/02/2020 - Aston Villa 2-3 Tottenham
10/08/2019 - Tottenham 3-1 Aston Villa

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has happened to Reguilon?

He seemed to start quite well but he's looking a bit of a liability at LB now. 

For me, he's too frantic. Strong headless chicken vibes when he runs about. I noticed it in the Cup final and against us especially.

Needs a bit more composure and this has nothing to do with the OG either.

2-1 to Villa at half time. Sounds like it's all gone a bit downhill for Spurs after the first ten minutes.

Bergwijn scored a good goal on the half volley but after that and a stonewall penalty not being given by VAR Aston Villa have been the better team. 

A Reguillon own goal and Watkins goal have given Villa the lead.

40 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What has happened to Reguilon?

He seemed to start quite well but he's looking a bit of a liability at LB now. 

For me, he's too frantic. Strong headless chicken vibes when he runs about. I noticed it in the Cup final and against us especially.

Needs a bit more composure and this has nothing to do with the OG either.

He seems to have capitulated since the last round of international fixtures.

That was a pitiful way to sign off for the season in front of your home fans.

I'd be disgusted being charged one of the most expensive tickets this week in all the league to watch that. They deserved a refund.

To me, Spurs just seemed to run out of ideas really early on and then showed little desire to come back into it.

They had a little spell in the second when Bergwijn had a couple shots but other than that, Villa lapped up everything that came their way. It was far too predictable. I felt sorry for Bergwijn being subbed, Son was bloody awful xD

The brutal truth is, Villa should have won by more. Wasteful finishing in great positions.

Massive summer for Spurs now. Huge.

Over to you, Mr Levy.

• Subscriber

So sad at the state of this club. The disconnect between fans and club is at an all time high. Highest prices in Europe and that is what we are served up.

No heart

No passion 

No leadership on or off the pitch. 

I don’t know where they go next but haven’t felt this disconnected from the club ever. Not after all the semi and final defeats, the horror years of the 90s and early 00s. 

It’s a horrible club to support. They always let you down 

Wish I could stop caring, wish I could just withdraw from them. But paid £61.50 to go tonight, already renewed my season ticket for £1100. Absolute mug. People like me are why Levy gets away with it time and time again, because our loyalty to the club outweighs our complete disillusionment at his running of the club and Enic’s failures to back our managers properly. 

14 minutes ago, Storts said:

So sad at the state of this club. The disconnect between fans and club is at an all time high. Highest prices in Europe and that is what we are served up.

No heart

No passion 

No leadership on or off the pitch. 

I don’t know where they go next but haven’t felt this disconnected from the club ever. Not after all the semi and final defeats, the horror years of the 90s and early 00s. 

It’s a horrible club to support. They always let you down 

Wish I could stop caring, wish I could just withdraw from them. But paid £61.50 to go tonight, already renewed my season ticket for £1100. Absolute mug. People like me are why Levy gets away with it time and time again, because our loyalty to the club outweighs our complete disillusionment at his running of the club and Enic’s failures to back our managers properly. 

Fuck 'em, mate. I genuinely mean that. When I first moved to the States, I tried to assimilate by getting into the sports, why not? I'd watch the Chicago Cubs on the tele, follow the scores, go to games, but then they started their own TV network and pulled their stuff from national TV and hid it behind a pay wall. They can suck my fucking cock and tickle my balls if they want to play that way, I'm not having this anti-fan bullshit and it sickens me that so many people roll over to get fucked in the arse by the Ricketts family (pro-Trump cunts as well). They treat you like a customer, so take your money put it back in your pocket and tell them the customer is always right and that they can stick their cleats sideways up their arse.

We are an embarrassment. A club that has one one trophy in 20 years thinking it can join a European Super League, behaving like it's elite and performing like that.

The players are eviscerated, completely drained of confidence and the new manager needs to completely change the atmosphere around the club. Hopefully this season, the failed Mourinho experiment, the ESL debacle, Kane's unhappiness, the fans etc will be the catalyst for change but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Reguilon has been playing poorly since the turn of the year. I think he deserves another chance with a new manager but this form cannot continue. He seems to escape our fans wrath more than Doherty and Aurier do when he's been just as bad. I have never seen someone so utterly lacking in composure, everything he does in defence is in a wild panic as though the ball's an un-exploded bomb that will go off if it's near him. He does this in situation where there's absolutely no pressure or need to panic - the own goal was ridiculous, I have no idea why he's slashing wildly at it when nobody is around him, the situation is under control and there's no danger whatsoever. The first thing the new manager has to do is tell him to just calm down, before anything else. 

To think, our fans were mocking United for missing out on him when he signed and for being stuck with Shaw!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived