• The title was changed to Burnley 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 19th May, 2021
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Burnley 0-3 Liverpool - Wednesday 19th May, 2021
  • Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I honestly can't believe top 4 is back in our hands now xD

I'm pretty sure I said, around March time, you weren't out of it with the kind of run in you had. Always a chance.

Stan knows.

Just now, Stan said:

I'm pretty sure I said, around March time, you weren't out of it with the kind of run in you had. Always a chance.

Stan knows.

It really is remarkable considering how shit we've been.

Guess Klopp and the lads, even when we're pretty shit, are pretty decent farmers.

it-aint-much-but-its-honest-work-0-41508391.png

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It really is remarkable considering how shit we've been.

You keep saying this but in reality you've not been that shit, have you?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

We really have at times. That losing streak at Anfield was disgustingly shit. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

No, we've been pretty shit if we use the last two seasons as a yardstick... which why wouldn't we? Those are the standards that were set by this side.

We were in the worst form Liverpool's ever been in my lifetime (and most Liverpool fans lifetimes tbh) just a couple months ago xD

As things stand, top 4 is in our hands with a CB that was considered bang average in the Bundesliga.2 & a player that was in the conference last year. And that is fucking hilarious tbh.

Just now, UNORTHODOX said:

Just need to win the last game now, surely Leicester can’t make up the -4 goal difference against spurs.

Surely not the minimum of 5 they’d need if we did win. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Some had seemingly written him off and had him sold in the summer.

Was most likely during that terrible run of form when everybody was fed up 😂😂

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

We really have at times. That losing streak at Anfield was disgustingly shit. 

Which was when? January/February?

Hardly like you've been shit all season and fluked every single result. Clearly done enough to be where you are.

I will hold my hands up and say I lost patience with Thiago and completely wrote him off - but tbf when he was first playing regularly for us he looked like a player that wasn't really... good... at anything. And he had this huge reputation so I was expecting to see something that would make me think "oh he's not complete shit."

Turns out he's very good and players new to a league should be given time to adapt. But I was also very frustrated at how absolutely dogshit we were earlier in the season.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think after that Fulham defeat at home when we lost 1-0 (with Phillips and Williams at CB if I recall correctly) no one saw a chance of us competing for 4th. Quite remarkable that we've put this run together given the options at CB to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Which was when? January/February?

Hardly like you've been shit all season and fluked every single result. Clearly done enough to be where you are.

Imo we fluked a lot of results earlier in the season, when teams were refusing to attack us despite a lack of VVD and we weren't really playing that well. I think a lot of it was a fear factor. But I don't think we were particularly good even when we were top of the table, tbh.

We've been shit for much of 2021, only pretty recently are we starting to see the rot stop and the side start to look better.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I will hold my hands up and say I lost patience with Thiago and completely wrote him off - but tbf when he was first playing regularly for us he looked like a player that wasn't really... good... at anything. And he had this huge reputation so I was expecting to see something that would make me think "oh he's not complete shit."

Turns out he's very good and players new to a league should be given time to adapt. But I was also very frustrated at how absolutely dogshit we were earlier in the season.

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

You fuckers tried your best to ruin him. Love me some Thiago.

He came into the side when we were disjointed. Fabinho and Henderson at CB and a different midfield every week. Never mind his reputation before he came to Liverpool, his first couple of performances before he got injured, it was clear he was absolutely class and would be a fit in a settled side. I can't wait to see him next season when we have proper CBs and he's playing with Fabinho and Henderson or whoever else whenever he plays

• The topic was unpinned

Archived